Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 106355 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That is so gross.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
That is so gross.

There are several posters on this blog that are overjoyed about this.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I still don't understand why kids don't get court appointed representation on immigration issues. I don't think I've ever seen a reason. Anyone know?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
may god wipe our abomination of a country from the face of this earth.

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1066809737919033348
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
may god wipe our abomination of a country from the face of this earth.

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/1066809737919033348
Agreed

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
Glad to see you creeps embrace God
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Troops withdrawing from boarder so looks like the problem is resolved.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Troops withdrawing from boarder so looks like the problem is resolved.

Yea, mid-terms is over.  No one cares about the boarder now.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#MAGA

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/hewholoveswords/status/1072895634888364032

I know some of you shitheads think I'm a Trump stooge (looking at you, sys, among others), but I actually focus my pro bono practice on these exact issues. I've reviewed most, if not all of the relevant filings in federal district court in this area, and I can attest that there is indeed some insidious crap going on as a result of policy changes the past 1.5 years.

This particular issue is the result of an agreement reached between ICE (responsible for detaining adult immigrants) and HHS/ORR (responsible for the "care" and placement of immigrant minors) earlier this year to share information. Until this year, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (the agency delegated with responsibility for handling minors), pursuant to a consent decree in effect for decades and several federal laws, had required background checks for any adults who sought to "sponsor" immigrant children and thus take custody of them pending resolution of immigration cases. This year, in addition to the new information sharing arrangement, ORR changed their policies to require fingerprinting and background checks for all adults in the same household as the "sponsor." By the way, the "sponsor" is almost always a parent or family member. Once detected, ICE/DHS/HHS/ORR has expansive and dubious authority to take people into custody based on nothing more than speculative gang affiliations. No due process, just a discretionary hunch. At that point, good luck ever leaving detention.

When you come from areas of countries where gangs exercise more authority than the supposed local governments, ever-y-body has "gang affiliations," as a matter of bare survival. Total BS. But courts are starting to push back, and I'm fairly confident this move by the Executive will result in substantial pushback from the Judiciary. It already has in several important cases, and there are several massive class actions pending that could hamstring the administrative agencies responsible for implementing these policies, at least until a change in leadership occurs.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/hewholoveswords/status/1072895634888364032

I know some of you shitheads think I'm a Trump stooge (looking at you, sys, among others), but I actually focus my pro bono practice on these exact issues. I've reviewed most, if not all of the relevant filings in federal district court in this area, and I can attest that there is indeed some insidious crap going on as a result of policy changes the past 1.5 years.

This particular issue is the result of an agreement reached between ICE (responsible for detaining adult immigrants) and HHS/ORR (responsible for the "care" and placement of immigrant minors) earlier this year to share information. Until this year, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (the agency delegated with responsibility for handling minors), pursuant to a consent decree in effect for decades and several federal laws, had required background checks for any adults who sought to "sponsor" immigrant children and thus take custody of them pending resolution of immigration cases. This year, in addition to the new information sharing arrangement, ORR changed their policies to require fingerprinting and background checks for all adults in the same household as the "sponsor." By the way, the "sponsor" is almost always a parent or family member. Once detected, ICE/DHS/HHS/ORR has expansive and dubious authority to take people into custody based on nothing more than speculative gang affiliations. No due process, just a discretionary hunch. At that point, good luck ever leaving detention.

When you come from areas of countries where gangs exercise more authority than the supposed local governments, ever-y-body has "gang affiliations," as a matter of bare survival. Total BS. But courts are starting to push back, and I'm fairly confident this move by the Executive will result in substantial pushback from the Judiciary. It already has in several important cases, and there are several massive class actions pending that could hamstring the administrative agencies responsible for implementing these policies, at least until a change in leadership occurs.

I read the first sentence and have all the info I need to conclude that, yes, you are a big Trumper.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well, I'm glad you're making a difference by being snarky on the internet, bub. Keep fighting the good fight :thumbs:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #718 on: December 13, 2018, 08:32:36 PM »
I also did read the whole thing after posting that and it validates what us non-Trumpers have been saying. That indeed Trump is a pos and his people and supporters do indeed want this crap to go on.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I actually focus my pro bono practice on these exact issues. I've reviewed most, if not all of the relevant filings in federal district court in this area.

good for you.  i am happy to know this.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I actually focus my pro bono practice on these exact issues. I've reviewed most, if not all of the relevant filings in federal district court in this area.

good for you.  i am happy to know this.
He didn't say which side...:nono:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #721 on: December 13, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »
I'm on the record long ago saying that one good thing that could come from this presidency is the erosion of presidential power, and this is one such area where it appears we are seeing exactly that, even though it's not very visible to most or talked about in these terms in popular media.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well Breitbart isn’t gonna talk about it much, so we agree.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well you see, you're a basic bitch. But it's not your fault. Media across the entire spectrum fail to analyze current events through the lens of balance of power among the coordinate branches. It just happens to be something I'm interested in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A story about the positive aspects of having the worst president in the history of the United States would be interesting.