Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 106277 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’ve been describing them as Internment Camps, but yea. What else do you call them?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Crossing the border is illegal, bringing children with you is classified as human smuggling and is a crime.  American citizens who commit crimes are separated from their children all the time.

My word, you’ve become so conditioned you can actually say something like this and believe it’s true.

It was simple misspeak. 

Crossing the border illegally is, wait for it, a crime. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They’re seeking asylum,  morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don’t get to show up and ask for asylum just because things were hard back home. 

Why were they hard?  Has to be evaluated. 

For example:  Were you being persecuted by the shitty Nicaraguan Government that Hillary and Obama loved?  Or was your husband not a nice person? 

There’s a difference.  Not hard.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:lol: your husband wasn’t a nice person :lol:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Always genuinely surprised how sys is able to look at something like this as a moral imperative and then not interrogate any of his other views on empire and economics.

maybe you should reevaluate your mental models, as they appear to be performing poorly as predictors.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You don’t get to show up and ask for asylum just because things were hard back home. 

For example:  Were you being persecuted by the shitty Nicaraguan Government that Hillary and Obama loved?  Or was your husband not a nice person? 

Showing up at the border and asking for asylum is not a crime and you shouldn’t be treated like a criminal while waiting to have your case heard.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
protip to McKee: people like this don't actually care about your line of reasoning because to them, the true crime of imigrants is being brown. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:47:20 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Complaining about the artwork in a "child internment camp" kind of buries the lead, don't you think?
:D Ha, good one Wacky!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bury_the_lead
:dubious:

cool people spell it lede.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Always genuinely surprised how sys is able to look at something like this as a moral imperative and then not interrogate any of his other views on empire and economics.

maybe you should reevaluate your mental models, as they appear to be performing poorly as predictors.

KenPom for reactionary opinions.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Showing up at the border and asking for asylum is not a crime and you shouldn’t be treated like a criminal while waiting to have your case heard.

I said showing up at the border and asking for asylum was a crime? 

What I said was crossing the border illegally was a crime. 

Skinny, you’re such a dumbass. 

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Many of the people seeking asylum are being treated like criminals in this administration, that was his point.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

"i don't see how someone who believes in the free movement of labor and capital could oppose torturing children to prevent people from freely moving" objectively makes no sense.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Many of the people seeking asylum are being treated like criminals in this administration, that was his point.

Clearly this is not new, you just decided now was the time to pay attention.  Weird

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Forgot to mention the incarceration of border children by the previous administration and the methods used to question and interrogate them.  Likely got them disappeared if they were sent back. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

"i don't see how someone who believes in the free movement of labor and capital could oppose torturing children to prevent people from freely moving" objectively makes no sense.

ok sys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ok sys.

if i weren't familiar with your posting over the last 10 years, but were instead to only judge you from your expressed thoughts in 2018, i would think you were either stupid or purely trolling.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I definitely am not as good at posting as I used to be.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
What are they supposed to do with the kids after their parents are arrested?

I'm kind of confused as to what the outrage is about. Most of you seem to think having a kid is carte blanch to avoid incarceration.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
What are they supposed to do with the kids after their parents are arrested?

I'm kind of confused as to what the outrage is about. Most of you seem to think having a kid is carte blanch to avoid incarceration.

yeah, i have no idea why everyone isn't turned away together?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
These people aren't standing at the border asking permission, whitebread. They're unlawfully in the country which is against a series of laws passed by the u.s. congress like a bagillion years ago.

It's like you're hauling a few hundred pounds of weed down I70 to sell with your kid in the back, and you get caught by the cops. They arrest you and put you in jail but not your kid.  You can't point to the kid and say it would be child torture if they arrested you, and get off. Otherwise all criminals would haul kids around with them like monopoly get out of jail free cards.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
These people aren't standing at the border asking permission, whitebread. They're unlawfully in the country which is against a series of laws passed by the u.s. congress like a bagillion years ago.

It's like you're hauling a few hundred pounds of weed down I70 to sell with your kid in the back, and you get caught by the cops. They arrest you and put you in jail but not your kid.  You can't point to the kid and say it would be child torture if they arrested you, and get off. Otherwise all criminals would haul kids around with them like monopoly get out of jail free cards.

i understand that they're in violation of the law, but are we actually processing them through the criminal system while we hold them? i can see why we'd do that in order to track and punish repeat offenders, but why not just take biometric data and catapult them back to wherever they came from.