Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 108681 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FAFO applies when you break laws.  Just like in every other country.

Neither of these kidnappers are going to have to pay a dime, so wtf are you talking about?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FAFO applies when you break laws.  Just like in every other country.

Neither of these kidnappers are going to have to pay a dime, so wtf are you talking about?
I wasn’t responding to that. So I deleted to respond to another post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really don't understand how people can support ICE. Just get rid of it.
When ICE busts up a sex trafficking ring you probably get pretty upset that they’re violating the rights of the traffickers.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When ICE busts up a sex trafficking ring you probably get pretty upset that they’re violating the rights of the traffickers.

If they are violating rights to bust up the operation, then that is a problem, yes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

If they are violating rights to bust up the operation, then that is a problem, yes.
What if the traffickers aren’t citizens of these United States?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What if the traffickers aren’t citizens of these United States?

I think that's still a problem, but I understand the argument.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I feel like illegals doing illegal things and getting busted for it is the epitome of FAFO.

If you are a citizen then a competent attorney should turn that FAFO back on police/ice whatever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If you are a citizen then a competent attorney should turn that FAFO back on police/ice whatever.

Nigga WHAT?

what fantasy world have you been living in

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Nigga WHAT?

what fantasy world have you been living in

SHOULD

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A competent attorney can't hold the police accountable, because the law doesn't allow for it. And most Americans have no access to competent attorneys, anyway.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1586 on: February 06, 2023, 10:11:06 PM »
What percentage of overall immigrants are  monitored in that program?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It tracks that they would be more likely to make their court appearance than the typical American, since they are also far less likely to be criminals.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know what it tracks, and that doesn't answer the question

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
one of the saddest things i've ever read.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
That's horrible.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was thinking about sys when watching this last night. I find it fascinating how much you seem to detest progressives event though they align with a policy position that seems very important to you.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was thinking about sys when watching this last night. I find it fascinating how much you seem to detest progressives event though they align with a policy position that seems very important to you.

yeah, it's kinda odd.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1595 on: September 12, 2023, 12:34:27 PM »
US child poverty more than doubled in 2022, the largest recorded one-year increase, as pandemic-era social safety net expansions expired and living costs rose.

The share of individuals under age 18 living in households below the federal poverty threshold rose from a record low of 5.2 per cent in 2021 to 12.4 per cent in 2022, the Census Bureau said on Tuesday.

Overall poverty rates also increased for the first time since 2010, jumping from 7.8 per cent in 2021 to 12.4 in 2022.

The White House Council of Economic Advisers said last week that it expects child poverty rates to rise, with families left vulnerable to inflation from the expiration of the expanded child tax credit.

-Financial Times

We took a good hard look behind the curtain of what a real pro-family welfare state could look like (even if both of the programs had major flaws) with no means testing for free school lunch for kids, an expanded child tax credit and we just let it slip away.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1596 on: September 21, 2023, 12:56:09 PM »
a little credit is due.  finally something good, instead of bad, from the biden admin on immigration.

https://twitter.com/camiloreports/status/1704643639085768724

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 21, 2023, 11:22:37 PM »
Yeah, it's something. Doing that while ignoring the half of a continent between the United States and Venezuela is certainly a choice.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Texas is in the process of passing a law to require Texas, apart from federal law, to enforce new immigration laws and deport people. Can someone explain to me how this is Constitutional? It's right there in the original Constitution (Article I). This is exclusively federal domain. Texas just DNGAF.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the 2nd worst president of my lifetime, and much closer to 1st than 3rd.

https://twitter.com/camiloreports/status/1734697946178814130