Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 106238 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Refugees fleeing religious persecution. I had never heard it told that way before.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Refugees fleeing religious persecution. I had never heard it told that way before.

Seriously?

Also, I think the Mormon Missionary program makes Utah much more sympathetic to immigrants than the broader population.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really like the application of this quote here. It fits because Mormans are unquestionably more seriously religious than other conservatives. I also wonder if many conservatives have any motivation at all to do anything outside their perceived own self interest in general when they ignore Christianity.

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1428019585781993477

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Christianity in America is a tricky thing because it’s so entrenched in the political system that people can mean completely different things when talking about Christian principles. Some aren’t referring to religion at all but rather extremely old American social policies and traditions.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Without Christians (real and fake) conservatism is basically a couple hundred really rich guys and most of the gun nuts.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Meanwhile there are many other people some of whom who are conservatives, who are very concerned about our Afghan allies and want to see them get out of Afghanistan on our transport planes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1435 on: September 20, 2021, 03:22:03 PM »
This administration isn't going to put a stop to anything.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1436 on: September 20, 2021, 05:38:51 PM »
Does that horse in the second picture have a 69 branded into its hindquarter?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 20, 2021, 07:20:28 PM »
If you can't come out in full camo with full auto, you might as well play cowboy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 21, 2021, 07:17:03 AM »
Congratulations again to the cartels and the human traffickers.

Because this administration cannot control the border and because the majority of migrants know they're not going to be sent back, the BP has had to surge resources from other sectors to Del Rio and hundreds of miles of the border are either not staffed or understaffed.

So again, congrats to the cartels, the human traffickers, the Fentanyl traffickers/makers and the people who launder the cartels money. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 21, 2021, 07:59:22 AM »
Cue Childish Gambino "This is America"
https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1439976012188692496
Maybe farmer Steve Dave can weigh in but aren’t those just the reins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: September 21, 2021, 09:16:17 AM »
Cue Childish Gambino "This is America"
https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1439976012188692496
Maybe farmer Steve Dave can weigh in but aren’t those just the reins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the Border Patrol were attacking these people while on horseback and whipping grown men with horse reins. I've never been hit with reins but I can't imagine that feels great. At least it doesn't appear as if they are the braided reins.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1441 on: September 21, 2021, 11:01:39 AM »
Eh. Watched the video. Didn't see any contact with the reins. Yes, I saw the twirl.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 21, 2021, 11:57:01 AM »
Can we get a Snopes ruling on the "rounding up refugees with whips" claim?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1443 on: September 21, 2021, 12:12:15 PM »
More like rounding up refugees with reins pretending to be whips. Big nothingburger IYAM.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 21, 2021, 12:32:48 PM »
More like rounding up refugees with reins pretending to be whips. Big nothingburger IYAM.
The eff?

First of all, yes, at least one dude definitely got whipped with the reins. Big nothingburger? You'll let me hit you with some horse reins, have you ever handled reins? Not to mention these dudes were on the backs of 1800 pound horses.

Y'all dehumanized these Haitians to the point where we think it's no big deal for them to be beaten with a leather strap from another dude on a horse? eff, sad day.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1445 on: September 21, 2021, 12:44:42 PM »
The eff?

First of all, yes, at least one dude definitely got whipped with the reins. Big nothingburger? You'll let me hit you with some horse reins, have you ever handled reins? Not to mention these dudes were on the backs of 1800 pound horses.

Y'all dehumanized these Haitians to the point where we think it's no big deal for them to be beaten with a leather strap from another dude on a horse? eff, sad day.
Stills are from this video. https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1439989195871825921

Yes, he spins his lariat but there's no strike. Dude tripped on a rock and stumbled. He wasn't struck.

What shall we do as a nation here? How do we vet and house this many people? How in the eff they got to the Mex/US border from Haiti makes me scratch my head.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 21, 2021, 01:10:38 PM »
I think we should let them in.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 21, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »
I think we should let them in.
Yeah seems pretty simple

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 21, 2021, 01:43:32 PM »
pretty sure those guys just told their girls they'd be gone till november

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 21, 2021, 02:24:44 PM »
The eff?

Counterpoint: mine was sarcasm