Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 107915 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1450 on: September 21, 2021, 02:26:50 PM »
I think we should let them in.
Yeah seems pretty simple
It seems like a pretty elegant (and humanitarian) solution to what seems like a legitimate labor shortage here:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/07/there-are-about-1-million-more-job-openings-than-people-looking-for-work.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab
« Reply #1451 on: September 21, 2021, 03:11:06 PM »
More like rounding up refugees with reins pretending to be whips. Big nothingburger IYAM.
The eff?

First of all, yes, at least one dude definitely got whipped with the reins. Big nothingburger? You'll let me hit you with some horse reins, have you ever handled reins? Not to mention these dudes were on the backs of 1800 pound horses.

Y'all dehumanized these Haitians to the point where we think it's no big deal for them to be beaten with a leather strap from another dude on a horse? eff, sad day.
Stills are from this video. https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1439989195871825921

Yes, he spins his lariat but there's no strike. Dude tripped on a rock and stumbled. He wasn't struck.

What shall we do as a nation here? How do we vet and house this many people? How in the eff they got to the Mex/US border from Haiti makes me scratch my head.

I wouldn't say he hit the man if I didn't see it. Last night's NBC nightly news had video of one of the border patrolmen hitting a Haitian and it wasn't even this guy in the stills it was a gentleman wearing a yellow shirt. I'm not going to hunt down the video.

We should let them in, why wouldn't we? We have millions of people here who didn't wait at their homes for visas or asylum before coming to America. We have others who overstayed their visas, came on visa categories they didn't fulfill, etc. Our immigration policies and enforcements are largely based on colorism and we should definitely stop that practice.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1452 on: September 21, 2021, 03:25:43 PM »
I accept your word on what you saw. It certainly isn't in the tweet and that's all that I've seen.

No argument with letting them into the country. My ancestors didn't wait in any lines at the border. They were here before the Revolutionary War and kept coming for a few generations. Dumb ass bean farmers from Scotland made the right choice.

My comment about "what to do" is more to the humanitarian aspect.  Our shitty government doesn't do a good job of helping those that are already here.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 21, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »
Ideally, the government would help them find work and housing, but I think most of these people would probably be ok without that help.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 21, 2021, 05:29:07 PM »
The private/charitable sector also does a good job of setting up these types of folks.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Southern border must not be secured (#blueanon)

https://www.businessinsider.com/fragmentation-in-mexico-war-on-drugs-created-400-new-gangs-2021-10

4000% increase in Fentanyl seizures in last 5 months means that thousands upon thousands of pounds are getting through.

Cartels and gangs overwhelm a sector with human trafficking, BP reacts, cartels and gangs exploit the gaps.   

Shadow/dummy corp Chinese entities either manufacture the Fentanyl straight out and traffic it through  the cartels/gangs or they provide all the components for production to the cartels/gangs.   The Chinese government gives a lot of lip service to cracking down, but the shell game drug/chemical companies just exploit lessor controlled shipping routes with lax inspection. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
genuinely did not think it was possible that a dem president would be worse than trump.

https://twitter.com/adam_wola/status/1452861227294674947
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A-rough ridin'-men, sys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
It was back in the early Eighties, at the height of the boat people, and the sailor was hard at work on the carrier Midway, which was patrolling the South China Sea. The sailor, like most American servicemen, was young, smart and fiercely observant. The crew spied on the horizon a leaky little boat - and crammed inside were refugees from Indochina hoping to get to America. The Midway sent a small launch to bring them to the ship, and safety. As the refugees made their way through the choppy seas, one spied the sailor on deck, and stood up and called out to him. He yelled, "Hello, American sailor - Hello, Freedom Man."

A small moment with a big meaning, a moment the sailor, who wrote it in a letter, couldn't get out of his mind. And, when I saw it, neither could I.

Because that's what it has to - it was to be an American in the 1980's; We stood, again, for freedom.

And we're still a beacon, still a magnet for all who must have freedom, for all the Pilgrims from all the lost places who are hurtling through the darkness, toward home.

Reagan got it.

Sorry you don't...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It was back in the early Eighties, at the height of the boat people, and the sailor was hard at work on the carrier Midway, which was patrolling the South China Sea. The sailor, like most American servicemen, was young, smart and fiercely observant. The crew spied on the horizon a leaky little boat - and crammed inside were refugees from Indochina hoping to get to America. The Midway sent a small launch to bring them to the ship, and safety. As the refugees made their way through the choppy seas, one spied the sailor on deck, and stood up and called out to him. He yelled, "Hello, American sailor - Hello, Freedom Man."

A small moment with a big meaning, a moment the sailor, who wrote it in a letter, couldn't get out of his mind. And, when I saw it, neither could I.

Because that's what it has to - it was to be an American in the 1980's; We stood, again, for freedom.

And we're still a beacon, still a magnet for all who must have freedom, for all the Pilgrims from all the lost places who are hurtling through the darkness, toward home.

Reagan got it.

Sorry you don't...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lick, picking and choosing his moments to go all 'Merica on us.

Were there 1.7 million (and that's just who was encountered) boat people?    Were the being trafficked by multi-billion dollar cartels who were engaged in pumping hundreds of thosuands of pounds of the most dangerous drugs in the world across our border?  While laundering the cash through the Chinese and buying the components of the most dangerous drugs in the world from them. 

Our point person on the border hasn't even talked to some Central American leaders in months,, and at best is only giving the usual lip service to the root cause of the immigration beyond the fact that this administration in so many words is indicating that the border is open.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Dax why spend all this energy trying to cover for your racism

you already revealed your great replacment logical underpinnings

don't be a coward

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax why spend all this energy trying to cover for your racism

you already revealed your great replacment logical underpinnings

don't be a coward

Lick, you were the one openly advocating for replacement.   You clearly showed repeatedly that you want your #blueanon Oligarchs and virtual signaling corporations to have access to the cheapest levels of foreign labor they can find.

LickNeckey:  For Bahrain America

Sad

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it really isn't your fault

elderly people around the globe oppose immigration (even when it stands to benefit them/their nations)

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/future-development/2015/07/22/why-do-elderly-people-oppose-immigration-when-theyre-most-likely-to-benefit/

https://blogs.worldbank.org/peoplemove/age-old-debate-why-do-elderly-people-oppose-immigration

Lick, just step out of your usual DeflectoBot mode and just free yourself of the internal burden and admit that you want Bahrain America.

You've already repeatedly indicated that's what you desire.  So just come clean for once.

For you the benefit is that your most favored (PR only) left leaning oligarchs and (PR only) virtue signaling mega corps and mega farms have access to the cheapest forms of labor they can find.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I understand the sentiment, but the system changed which has way more bearing than that dude being white.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
I understand the sentiment, but the system changed which has way more bearing than that dude being white.
Yep, not to mention the hoops for legally growing and selling

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There is still extreme inequities amongst legal and licensed growers and dispensaries.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/01/in-billion-dollar-cannabis-market-racial-inequity-persists-despite-legalization.html

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
don't want to go back and look for it, but saw a tweet that the biden admin is planning to end title 42.

good news, but also about rough ridin' time and still disgraceful that it took so long.