Author Topic: Korean Peace Process  (Read 56765 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Korean Peace Process
« Reply #925 on: February 28, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »
Reason #1 talks are stalled: dictators with nukes don’t get deposed and killed while dictators without nukes do. Kim is never giving up his nukes

You're a deep thinker 8man

Just wanted to simplify your list.
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 28, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »
I really thought this was going to be Trump's big moment to stand over KJU, stick his finger in his chest, and say eff you.

For many years, Trump has expressed curiosity about nuclear weapons. In 1984, still in his thirties, he told the Washington Post that he wanted to negotiate nuclear treaties with the Soviets. “It would take an hour and a half to learn everything there is to learn about missiles,” he said. “I think I know most of it anyway.” According to oscar G. Blair, a research scholar at the Program on Science and Global Security, at Princeton, Trump encountered a U.S. nuclear-arms negotiator at a reception in 1990 and offered advice on how to cut a “terrific” deal with a Soviet counterpart. Trump told him to arrive late, stand over the Soviet negotiator, stick his finger in his chest, and say, “eff you!”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/09/26/president-trumps-first-term

So Trump hated the Russians before he loved them?

For Ronnie Raygun, one day it was the "Evil Empire" the next, photo ops with Gorby.

Glad we're not all monolithic thinkers like ChumDummy.

I don't think he had completely ruined his credit and become dependent on them by 1990.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 28, 2019, 04:52:10 PM »
odds he comes back and claims he denuked them a second time for the incels to believe?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 28, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »
turns out it's a lot harder to negotiate and make deals with people when they don't want the same thing you want. Donny finding out that that politics isn't that much like building overpriced condominiums.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 01, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »
I really thought this was going to be Trump's big moment to stand over KJU, stick his finger in his chest, and say eff you.

For many years, Trump has expressed curiosity about nuclear weapons. In 1984, still in his thirties, he told the Washington Post that he wanted to negotiate nuclear treaties with the Soviets. “It would take an hour and a half to learn everything there is to learn about missiles,” he said. “I think I know most of it anyway.” According to oscar G. Blair, a research scholar at the Program on Science and Global Security, at Princeton, Trump encountered a U.S. nuclear-arms negotiator at a reception in 1990 and offered advice on how to cut a “terrific” deal with a Soviet counterpart. Trump told him to arrive late, stand over the Soviet negotiator, stick his finger in his chest, and say, “eff you!”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/09/26/president-trumps-first-term

he really is a moron

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 01, 2019, 02:51:41 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 01, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »
they need to raise the rim for kim

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 03, 2019, 09:24:54 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 03, 2019, 09:30:15 AM »
buttery soft

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 03, 2019, 09:43:49 AM »
Dax: Obama :curse: :curse: :curse:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 03, 2019, 10:46:31 AM »
He needs to facetime or something.  Meeting in person is getting his ass kicked.  he is 0-2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 03, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 03, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »
The daxplaining and backtracking on that statement is p lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 04, 2019, 08:49:45 AM »
LibDerp Nation and the peace movement in South Korea used to protest those military drills and demand US troops exit the country. 

Now LibDerp Nation demands more and larger military drills.

#sellouts

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 04, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 04, 2019, 09:51:02 AM »
LibDerp Nation and the peace movement in South Korea used to protest those military drills and demand US troops exit the country. 

#sellouts

The problem appears to be you and the president just don't even understand what negotiating is.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 04, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »

#sellouts

I've always supported joint exercises with SK and think it is a key installment for us to maintain.  I hope we never leave SK, that's a pretty strategic location

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 05, 2019, 09:21:10 AM »
could also go in russia thread or lol thread

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1102951928500232192

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 05, 2019, 09:22:01 AM »
I couldn't do deals like a deal master because I was too concerned about my former attorney owning me on tv. a lot of people are saying it. the russians and north koreans as a couple examples. a lot of people are.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 05, 2019, 09:28:16 AM »
I couldn't do deals like a deal master because I was too concerned about my former attorney owning me on tv. a lot of people are saying it. the russians and north koreans as a couple examples. a lot of people are.

:ROFL:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 05, 2019, 10:08:22 AM »
Sorry haters!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 20, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »
Many mainstream liberal and conservative economists said the U.S. was far too developed to sustain 4 percent annual growth and said the country’s long-term growth rate would be closer to 2 percent of GDP.

The U.S. economy grew by 2.3 percent of GDP in 2017.

:dunno:
]

The "new normal" was an umbrella for many economic indicators and their relative milquetoast performance under the previous regime . . . but always heralded as being great by the Parrots.

I guess what you don't get is that the "new normal" was heralded as being the only thing that could be achieved, so everybody just get used to it and lets make sure that regulation nation and bloated government "get theirs" before we concern ourselves with moving the economy forward.
:Ugh:

Fed officials also cut their economic outlook. They now expect gross domestic product growth of 2.1 percent this year, down from a 2.3 percent estimate in December.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2019, 04:51:55 AM »
Many mainstream liberal and conservative economists said the U.S. was far too developed to sustain 4 percent annual growth and said the country’s long-term growth rate would be closer to 2 percent of GDP.

]

The "new normal" was an umbrella for many economic indicators and their relative milquetoast performance under the previous regime . . . but always heralded as being great by the Parrots.

I guess what you don't get is that the "new normal" was heralded as being the only thing that could be achieved, so everybody just get used to it and lets make sure that regulation nation and bloated government "get theirs" before we concern ourselves with moving the economy forward.

Fed officials also cut their economic outlook. They now expect gross domestic product growth of 2.1 percent this year, down from a 2.3 percent estimate in December.

The next step will be for the administration to start preaching to the American public that this kind of tepid growth is just the way it's always going to be, never expect anything more, so everybody should just learn to code.f   Double down on that message when unemployment goes back up to 7 or 8%, just remind everybody that the United States glory days are long since past and this is the new normal.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 21, 2019, 09:50:01 AM »
the next step is much more likely to be a major freak out over SNL reruns from last christmas

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 21, 2019, 10:18:46 AM »

]

The next step will be for the administration to start preaching to the American public that this kind of tepid growth is just the way it's always going to be, never expect anything more, so everybody should just learn to code.f   Double down on that message when unemployment goes back up to 7 or 8%, just remind everybody that the United States glory days are long since past and this is the new normal.

just wait for that trickle down tho...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:54:06 AM by LickNeckey »