Author Topic: SNL  (Read 40084 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: SNL
« Reply #525 on: January 20, 2023, 03:32:24 PM »
It's important to note he's being held accountable as a producer on the film, not an actor.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2023, 03:44:08 PM »
It's important to note he's being held accountable as a producer on the film, not an actor.

In fairness, I haven't read anything about it because I don't care. I get it, cutting off the head of the snake thing, but the only person who really needs to be examined is the person in charge of the guns on set.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 20, 2023, 05:51:02 PM »

Yet, she didn't charge the director

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 20, 2023, 06:52:41 PM »
a producer is a guy who raises/invests money.  basic terminology. makes no sense to charge them.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 20, 2023, 06:53:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWIlScfHwOU

anyway i think of this and LOL about once a year

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 20, 2023, 07:13:58 PM »
Does the producer choose who the armorer is going to be?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 20, 2023, 08:36:40 PM »

That's right

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 20, 2023, 08:36:55 PM »
a producer is a guy who raises/invests money.  basic terminology. makes no sense to charge them.
More than that

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 20, 2023, 08:58:10 PM »
Baldwin is a murderer! Case closed, dorks!

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 20, 2023, 09:43:45 PM »
More than that

not really...i mean sometimes they demand to do crap or they'll take away their $

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 21, 2023, 04:11:13 AM »

That's right

The director is the person in charge of securing the set.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 23, 2023, 08:24:56 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWIlScfHwOU

anyway i think of this and LOL about once a year

lol thank you for this
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 23, 2023, 10:14:59 AM »
SNL was really disappointing this past weekend, which was unfortunate because Aubrey Plaza was hosting. crap week for the writers and way too much George Santos.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 23, 2023, 10:19:37 AM »
I enjoyed the black lotus bit, but their obsession over people that lean right continues to hold them back unfortunately.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 23, 2023, 04:53:03 PM »
SNL was really disappointing this past weekend, which was unfortunate because Aubrey Plaza was hosting. crap week for the writers and way too much George Santos.

I liked the Taboo skit, although that may have mostly been because I had that idea years ago and wanted to see it in practice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 24, 2023, 12:28:37 AM »

I liked the Taboo skit, although that may have mostly been because I had that idea years ago and wanted to see it in practice.

Yeah the Taboo and Black Lotus sketches were the only ones that had any redeeming value. I thought even weekend update was weak and I always love weekend update.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 24, 2023, 06:28:55 AM »
I went to a stand up show last Sunday with Devon Walker and Michael Longfellow (two new cast members). They told a few SNL nuggets and mostly tried joke and sketch ideas. It was interesting because they mentioned that new people on SNL aren't paid like crazy money but they're working with folks on the same job that have houses in the Hamptons and that leads to a bit of tension. There was at least one SNL writer there who was next to me in the back laughing and heckling them and now I feel like I am friends with folks on SNL.

The one potential sketch idea I remember was a setup where two athletes square up like they're about to fight but end up kissing instead. Imagine if they got LeBron to host and do that! (It won't happen but fun to think about). Anyway happy Tuesday

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 24, 2023, 07:06:05 AM »
They stole that sketch idea from a black mirror episode!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 24, 2023, 09:02:01 AM »
I went to a stand up show last Sunday with Devon Walker and Michael Longfellow (two new cast members). They told a few SNL nuggets and mostly tried joke and sketch ideas. It was interesting because they mentioned that new people on SNL aren't paid like crazy money but they're working with folks on the same job that have houses in the Hamptons and that leads to a bit of tension. There was at least one SNL writer there who was next to me in the back laughing and heckling them and now I feel like I am friends with folks on SNL.

The one potential sketch idea I remember was a setup where two athletes square up like they're about to fight but end up kissing instead. Imagine if they got LeBron to host and do that! (It won't happen but fun to think about). Anyway happy Tuesday

I enjoy the Fly on the Wall podcast, mainly to just hear all the behind the scenes stories.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2023, 11:19:19 AM »
They stole that sketch idea from a black mirror episode!

Yes!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 24, 2023, 11:36:55 AM »
I enjoyed the Aubrey Plaza episode because they did more sketches that were just plain weird.  Some didn't work, as always, but at least they tried strange crap.  Sam Smith was pretty entertaining as well, even if I didn't particularly care for the songs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 24, 2023, 03:36:25 PM »
Sharon Stone distracted the hell out of me for his entire second song because I was trying to figure out who she was and why she was there, staring in the camera, the whole damn song.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 24, 2023, 08:40:03 PM »

Yeah the Taboo and Black Lotus sketches were the only ones that had any redeeming value. I thought even weekend update was weak and I always love weekend update.

Having the Leslie Knope part was nice, but understand
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 05, 2023, 04:46:50 PM »
I don't know who the host was, never heard of the dude, but SNL on Saturday night was, by far, the best of the season so far.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 05, 2023, 04:47:16 PM »
It was really good!
:adios: