Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 535384 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6900 on: March 23, 2020, 06:35:51 PM »
good job, ohio.

https://twitter.com/FrankLaRose/status/1242184532687761419

he's kind of faded from the spotlight but that governor has seemed to be way ahead of the curve with everything covid related

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: March 23, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
yeah, he's done really well.  postponing their election at the last minute maybe could have been handled better, but it also took some serious balls (and was the right decision).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: March 23, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »
Ohio has been crushing it. The US should provide some very insightful data on various strategies to address a pandemic. We’re still a solid 1-3 weeks away from having a clue on impacts.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: March 24, 2020, 05:41:19 PM »
Why does that bother you? Neither he or Biden have eff all to do. Is it a good idea for Joe Biden to just chill out, not doing crap, until August?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »
I don’t pretend to know what the best strategy is for advancing Bernie’s agenda at this point in the midst of a pandemic, but I think having an audience with the American people is probably the best strategy. I don’t think Bernie is going to be very aggressive against Joe but will just reiterate his talking points.

I also hate to bring this up because I am not a “Biden is dead” conspiracy theorist, but I also think that there is  such obvious evidence of mental decay in Biden that Bernie staying in the race is a decent hedge.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: March 24, 2020, 05:56:14 PM »
Why does that bother you?

Because it makes me think he doesn't understand it's over, which is an offensive level of stupidity.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: March 24, 2020, 05:58:30 PM »

Because it makes me think he doesn't understand it's over, which is an offensive level of stupidity.

There is a lot of evidence he doesn’t think he will win.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: March 24, 2020, 05:59:00 PM »
there is  such obvious evidence of mental decay in Biden that Bernie staying in the race is a decent hedge.

And this would be offensively opportunistic.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: March 24, 2020, 06:09:29 PM »
there is  such obvious evidence of mental decay in Biden that Bernie staying in the race is a decent hedge.

What?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: March 24, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »

What?

I thought the idea was, "I'm going to go ahead and stay in just case Biden's health takes a turn for the worse."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: March 24, 2020, 06:21:37 PM »

Let me start with a blunt assessment, your reason is really rough ridin' dumb, and isn't actually a reason, I'm 100% sure you know it too. A reason is something that can be presented to Sanders that would make him actually think about quitting. "You're behind in delegates in a two person race," is just as stupid as "You're in 5th place in delegates awarded after three states, and no other candidate has been able to over come that."

Is this the first presidential primary you have followed? There hasn't been a non-incumbent primary in our lifetime in which all of the nominees have cleared the field at this point in the race, especially for a candidate that has only spent three weeks leading. Bernie dropping out now literally serves no one well at all, especially not Joe Biden.

You are letting Trump erode away the logic and common sense parts of your brain.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: March 24, 2020, 06:26:03 PM »

What?

I thought the idea was, "I'm going to go ahead and stay in just case Biden's health takes a turn for the worse."

"I'm going to stay in the race because Joe Biden hasn't proved that he has the mental fitness needed to win this race in November."

I don't think that anyone thinks Biden's physical health condition is worse than Sanders.' Just as no one thinks that Biden's mental acuity is anything close to where Sanders' is.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: March 24, 2020, 06:29:08 PM »

What?

He doesn’t have to wait for Biden’s brain to break that already happened, he’s just in the race in case people decide that is a problem.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: March 24, 2020, 06:38:14 PM »
I'm being facetious about the reason, but not about Bernie's chances.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: March 24, 2020, 06:43:02 PM »
I'm being facetious about the reason, but not about Bernie's chances.

I am not arguing with you on that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: March 24, 2020, 06:45:29 PM »
You won't get any argument about his chances, from anyone other than a select dummies on twitter. He still shouldn't quit though, and everyone outside of the most ardent Biden supporters should feel that way too. The guy spent a week during the biggest crisis in a generation, dead quiet. He needs a reason to not just slink away until August.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: March 24, 2020, 06:48:01 PM »
a)  dem voters are obviously fine with biden's brain health as is,  b)  if biden's brain or his lungs were to suddenly go south before he is formally nominated, someone other than sanders would be the nominee (he would get an outsized voice as to who the nominee would be).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: March 24, 2020, 06:49:53 PM »
You won't get any argument about his chances, from anyone other than a select dummies on twitter. He still shouldn't quit though, and everyone outside of the most ardent Biden supporters should feel that way too. The guy spent a week during the biggest crisis in a generation, dead quiet. He needs a reason to not just slink away until August.

he should quit.  there's nothing he can accomplish by staying in and frankly no one gives a crap about the primary anymore.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: March 24, 2020, 06:52:33 PM »

Yeah I don’t think it’s offensive, but agree with sys that he doesn’t have a shot regardless of what happens to Biden.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: March 24, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »
the only people that seem pissed at Bernie being in are people that already hated Bernie and they don’t seem to have any good reason for him to get out and one really obvious reason they don’t want him in the race so I’m convinced Bernie should definitely stay in.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: March 24, 2020, 07:15:32 PM »
the only people that seem pissed at Bernie being in are people that already hated Bernie and they don’t seem to have any good reason for him to get out and one really obvious reason they don’t want him in the race so I’m convinced Bernie should definitely stay in.

someone should really poll the question.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: March 24, 2020, 07:16:43 PM »
I've said a couple times that I think there's the potential for Bernie to start integrating progressives into the party more by dropping out and trying to rally around Biden, as much as it would suck now. But I think it's a good long-term play for progressive causes.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: March 24, 2020, 07:24:11 PM »
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: March 24, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »
this actually is a decent reason for sanders not to drop out.

https://twitter.com/PropterMalone/status/1242605876734758912