Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 544889 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #5501 on: February 21, 2020, 02:50:05 PM »
that seattle tree song was really good.  i didn't expect such a strong rendition.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: February 21, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »
There could definitely be a thread of things that happen at those council meetings.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: February 21, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »
I started watching another council meeting video and quit before I got too far down the rabbit hole.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: February 21, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »
There's a wild one from a few weeks ago where chaos erupted as the council was debating their official position on things happening in India.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: February 21, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »
I'm  stunned (not really) that Principal Leonid Joseph Nikita McVicker's minions are acting the way they are . . . SMDH

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: February 21, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »
He doesn't attack Democratic candidates in the ads. Only Trump.

He reportedly has a new ad going after Bernie

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: February 21, 2020, 03:40:06 PM »
The other Dems are running out of money, all they'll have left is to continue to attack Bloomberg.

We know you don't read anything outside of right wing blogs, but this was proven false on literally the previous page. Spend more time reading and less time crafting your corny ass posts with incredibly wack nicknames.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: February 21, 2020, 03:47:03 PM »
The other Dems are running out of money, all they'll have left is to continue to attack Bloomberg.

We know you don't read anything outside of right wing blogs, but this was proven false on literally the previous page. Spend more time reading and less time crafting your corny ass posts with incredibly wack nicknames.

I don’t know if this is accurate, but I don’t think Politico is a right wing blog.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/21/fec-bernie-2020-funding-116558
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: February 21, 2020, 03:48:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/1230939067010953217

He's a horrible debater so I really have no idea how he's going to stem this. His bad is different than Trump's bad or Biden's bad. Those two aren't intellectual enough to win a debate, but the other two at least has charisma to land some one liners and get people excited, Bloomberg doesn't even have that. He's going to continue to be a pinata. What's even worse for him is that the other Dems can hit him with their Trump material.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: February 21, 2020, 03:56:06 PM »

I don’t know if this is accurate, but I don’t think Politico is a right wing blog.

Dax didn't read that article, hopefully he does now that you posted it.

I wouldn't think it's unusual for candidates to have significantly less money at the end of February than they would at any other point. They raise that early money to spend to win the early states. I have no concerns about the top threes ability to raise money. Bernie and Liz have literally millions of donors. Pete will get money from Super Pacs and all the moderate money he wants. I don't think Joe and Klo will be able to summon enough money to keep up with the other three.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: February 21, 2020, 04:01:19 PM »

Dax didn't read that article, hopefully he does now that you posted it.

I wouldn't think it's unusual for candidates to have significantly less money at the end of February than they would at any other point. They raise that early money to spend to win the early states. I have no concerns about the top threes ability to raise money. Bernie and Liz have literally millions of donors. Pete will get money from Super Pacs and all the moderate money he wants. I don't think Joe and Klo will be able to summon enough money to keep up with the other three.

So again, I’m not an expert on campaign finance or political campaigns, but taking out loans usually isn’t a very encouraging sign, right?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-fundraising/democrat-warren-worried-campaign-will-run-out-of-cash-taps-3-million-loan-idUSKBN20F0LZ
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: February 21, 2020, 04:03:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/1230678010032009217

klobuchar is now outraising buttigieg.

oh, and yeah, other than sanders, they're all on a razor's edge of going broke (with the understanding that they have some ability to cut expenses to meet funding levels).  there isn't enough donor money to fund five candidates at the level campaigns typically spend at this point in the cycle.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: February 21, 2020, 04:05:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/pisschalice/status/1230923444256231425

Story time. I spent the last two weeks in San Diego. When I took my car back to the rental center, the shuttle driver and I had a talk going back to the terminal. Side note, that rental car center feels like it's about 5 miles from the airport, anyway. We got on the topic of the Iowa Caucuses because the driver asked me where I am from. Then we talked about politics, I normally don't talk politics with strangers but us black folks often go to barbershop talk when y'all aren't around. We mentioned several candidates, I told him I'm a Warren supporter, he's a Biden guy. I asked him about Pete and he said "I'm not voting for him because I don't want my president doing mommy crap in the middle of the night if we need him."  :horrorsurprise: Black folks being openly homophobic isn't a surprise to me, it was a surprise that we got there in 10 minutes. Luckily we got to my stop about 10 seconds later.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: February 21, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »
So again, I’m not an expert on campaign finance or political campaigns, but taking out loans usually isn’t a very encouraging sign, right?

that debate saved her ass.  for now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: February 21, 2020, 04:11:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/1230678010032009217

klobuchar is now outraising buttigieg.

oh, and yeah, other than sanders, they're all on a razor's edge of going broke (with the understanding that they have some ability to cut expenses to meet funding levels).  there isn't enough donor money to fund five candidates at the level campaigns typically spend at this point in the cycle.

I agree with all of this. As pointed out Klo had a huge bump after that New Hampshire debate, but as previously discussed, I'm certain that's going to be her high water point. She's going to get dogwalked in the next two states. Super Tuesday is also looking ugly for her, she'll only be competitive in Minnesota. Pete is pretty clearly the moderate choice.

Dub, that article didn't disprove anything I said. Taking loans out also isn't unusual, especially in a large field. Trump did the same in 2016, $45 million worth.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: February 21, 2020, 04:16:30 PM »
I asked him about Pete and he said "I'm not voting for him because I don't want my president doing mommy crap in the middle of the night if we need him."

Like in a time-sensitive emergency, it's more difficult to pull one's dick out of an ass than it is out of a vag?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: February 21, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »
Ted Cruz got fined for not disclosing loans he took out during a damn senate race.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: February 21, 2020, 04:17:48 PM »
I'm certain that's going to be her high water point. She's going to get dogwalked in the next two states. Super Tuesday is also looking ugly for her, she'll only be competitive in Minnesota.

hopefully.  there are too many candidates still running.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: February 21, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »
I asked him about Pete and he said "I'm not voting for him because I don't want my president doing mommy crap in the middle of the night if we need him."

Like in a time-sensitive emergency, it's more difficult to pull one's dick out of an ass than it is out of a vag?

Clearly no logic applies

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5520 on: February 21, 2020, 04:19:36 PM »
Does "clap his rat cheeks" and "doing mommy crap in the middle of the night" mean sex stuff? I don't think Pete has kids. I don't really want or need details - just a yes or no will suffice.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: February 21, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »
that buttigieg february number is pretty shocking, though, considering he won* the iowa caucuses and was a strong second in nh.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: February 21, 2020, 04:21:31 PM »

Clearly no logic applies

I liked the specificity.  "mommy crap, OK.  Even at nighttime, still OK.  But if there's a missile crisis at night?  NOPE!"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: February 21, 2020, 04:24:36 PM »

Clearly no logic applies

I liked the specificity.  "mommy crap, OK.  Even at nighttime, still OK.  But if there's a missile crisis at night?  NOPE!"

I wonder how many times Trump has been in the middle of one of his famous 6 flushers when he was called upon.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: February 21, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »
I'm certain that's going to be her high water point. She's going to get dogwalked in the next two states. Super Tuesday is also looking ugly for her, she'll only be competitive in Minnesota.

hopefully.  there are too many candidates still running.

Agreed but no one is going away before Super Tuesday. In 2016 there were 5 Republicans left for Super Tuesday.

that buttigieg february number is pretty shocking, though, considering he won* the iowa caucuses and was a strong second in nh.

That would yield results in the yet to be verified February dollars.