Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 541876 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #5525 on: February 21, 2020, 04:25:57 PM »
Does "clap his rat cheeks" and "doing mommy crap in the middle of the night" mean sex stuff? I don't think Pete has kids. I don't really want or need details - just a yes or no will suffice.

yes

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: February 21, 2020, 04:27:21 PM »
the rat part is independent from the sex part as a point of further clarification

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: February 21, 2020, 04:30:56 PM »
So in the past 24 hours, "US Officials" have "briefed" Trump and the Sanders camps that the Russians are trying to help their campaigns, and these briefings are then immediately leaked to the press. Almost seems like that might be the purpose of the briefings? After all the garbage of the past 3 years, can we really trust US Intelligence anymore not to meddle in politics?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: February 21, 2020, 04:33:40 PM »
So in the past 24 hours, "US Officials" have "briefed" Trump and the Sanders camps that the Russians are trying to help their campaigns, and these briefings are then immediately leaked to the press. Almost seems like that might be the purpose of the briefings? After all the garbage of the past 3 years, can we really trust US Intelligence anymore not to meddle in politics?

They are stuck meddling either way. Informing the public about foreign interference is one form of meddling, and allowing foreign interference to occur unnoticed is another.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: February 21, 2020, 04:34:36 PM »
That would yield results in the yet to be verified February dollars.

they aren't going to lie though, they'd be caught in less than a month when the feb fec data is released.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: February 21, 2020, 04:38:29 PM »
Hopefully Bernie doesn't accept the assistance and have multiple campaign members try to coordinate increased assistance
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: February 21, 2020, 04:38:54 PM »
I asked him about Pete and he said "I'm not voting for him because I don't want my president doing mommy crap in the middle of the night if we need him."

Like in a time-sensitive emergency, it's more difficult to pull one's dick out of an ass than it is out of a vag?

Clearly no logic applies

I liked the specificity.  "mommy crap, OK.  Even at nighttime, still OK.  But if there's a missile crisis at night?  NOPE!"

I wonder how many times Trump has been in the middle of one of his famous 6 flushers when he was called upon.

It's all butt stuff at the end of the day.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: February 21, 2020, 04:39:45 PM »

They are stuck meddling either way. Informing the public about foreign interference is one form of meddling, and allowing foreign interference to occur unnoticed is another.

Ok, so I take it then that you think this is genuine. Even though both briefings have been immediately leaked to the press. Hey maybe its true - but after all the dirty tricks we've seen the past few years shouldn't we be a little skeptical?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5535 on: February 21, 2020, 04:41:49 PM »

Ok, so I take it then that you think this is genuine. Even though both briefings have been immediately leaked to the press. Hey maybe its true - but after all the dirty tricks we've seen the past few years shouldn't we be a little skeptical?

What dirty tricks are you talking about?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: February 21, 2020, 05:09:53 PM »
Serious question: why does the black community disproportionately hate the gays?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: February 21, 2020, 05:30:14 PM »
they don't.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: February 21, 2020, 05:35:32 PM »
they don't.
Maybe you're correct. Next question: why did I think that?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: February 21, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
because the buttigieg campaign, assisted by some in the media, has tried to use that as an excuse for his poor polling with black voters?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: February 21, 2020, 06:22:41 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: February 21, 2020, 06:35:34 PM »
because the buttigieg campaign, assisted by some in the media, has tried to use that as an excuse for his poor polling with black voters?

:dunno: I could have sworn MIR had mentioned this phenomenon before, while also strongly opposing it.

Roughly six in ten white (59%), Hispanic (60%), and mixed-race Americans (59%) and close to seven in ten (69%) Asian-Pacific Islander (API) Americans favor same-sex marriage. Black Americans are more divided with fewer than half (48%) expressing support for allowing gay and lesbian couples to marry, while 41% are opposed. However, this represents a five-point increase in support for same-sex marriage, compared to 43% in 2015.

https://www.prri.org/research/americans-views-discrimination-immigrants-blacks-lgbt-sex-marriage-immigration-reform/

And apparently Obama has referenced it, too:

“If we are honest with ourselves, we’ll acknowledge that our own community has not always been true to King’s vision of a beloved community,” Obama told 2,000 worshippers Sunday at Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church, where King once preached.

“We have scorned our gay brothers and sisters instead of embracing them.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/01/obama-allies-dont-always-align-on-issues-008061

This was not a loaded question. Assuming this is actually a real thing, I'm just curious as to "why", because studies also show that African Americans are the most likely group to view the LGBTQ+ community as facing prejudice. See the PRRI study linked above.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: February 21, 2020, 07:04:30 PM »
I could have sworn MIR had mentioned this phenomenon before, while also strongly opposing it.

mir definitely has mentioned it.

if you want a more detailed and serious answer, as micat pointed out, white americans with anti-homosexual opinions are more likely to be non democrats, so black democrats are more anti-homosexual compared to white democrats.

also, anti-homosexual sentiment correlates with religiousness and lower education attainment.  if you control for both those factors, there is no difference between white and black americans in opinions on homosexuality.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: February 21, 2020, 07:09:09 PM »
Interesting. Thanks for your response. I will mull it over.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: February 21, 2020, 08:47:15 PM »
There are certainly not more black evangelical homophobes than white, but a larger percentage of my people are than white people. Also black clergy are largely more aggressive with expressing their thoughts on the subject. The First United Methodist Church is about to split largely because of southern and African Methodist churches won't allow gay pastors or gay marriages in their churches.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: February 21, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »
I could have sworn MIR had mentioned this phenomenon before, while also strongly opposing it.

if you want a more detailed and serious answer, as micat pointed out, white americans with anti-homosexual opinions are more likely to be non democrats, so black democrats are more anti-homosexual compared to white democrats.

also, anti-homosexual sentiment correlates with religiousness and lower education attainment.  if you control for both those factors, there is no difference between white and black americans in opinions on homosexuality.
I'm confused about whether you believe this is a Team Pete smokescreen (1st post), or whether it's attributable to the factors identified in your 2nd post, or both, or neither, or some combination?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: February 21, 2020, 08:59:25 PM »

So, the Buttigieg team, in fact, did not invent this, but rather it is attributable to the factors you identified in this post? Ok, sys.

Correct. I'm assuming when he said "they don't" he thought you were actually saying "why are there more black homophobes than white ones?" :dunno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: February 21, 2020, 08:59:36 PM »
Also black clergy are largely more aggressive with expressing their thoughts on the subject. The First United Methodist Church is about to split largely because of southern and African Methodist churches won't allow gay pastors or gay marriages in their churches.

this is going to shock the living crap out of you (not really) but almost all of the predominantly pasty ass white churches hate the crap out of homosexuals as well (your already mentioned Methodists and ELCA being a couple of the notable exceptions).

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: February 21, 2020, 09:01:57 PM »
So, seems like it's a religiosity issue that is also correlated with age?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: February 21, 2020, 09:03:48 PM »
So, seems like it's a religiosity issue that is also correlated with age?

I don't know about that.