Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 534751 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4025 on: December 14, 2019, 12:13:08 PM »
If they did something unlawful, then sue their asses and make them pay. If not, they're just doing their jobs. I don't believe in bogeymen.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: December 14, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »
If they did something unlawful, then sue their asses and make them pay. If not, they're just doing their jobs. I don't believe in bogeymen.

Can’t condemn anything that is lawful. Amazing that you are sticking with this hot take.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: December 14, 2019, 12:42:46 PM »

Can’t condemn anything that is lawful. Amazing that you are sticking with this hot take.

Perhaps I'm biased, but gimme a break...

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: December 14, 2019, 12:53:44 PM »
The way things are is the way they are and they should never change for the better because that is the law.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: December 14, 2019, 12:55:24 PM »
The way things are is the way they are and they should never change for the better because that is the law.
Has someone proposed legislation to cancel McKinsey? I don't understand the vitriol against them.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: December 14, 2019, 12:59:59 PM »
Hating the player instead of the game smdh

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: December 14, 2019, 01:51:08 PM »

yeah, that's a really weird way to view the world.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: December 14, 2019, 02:53:35 PM »

FWIW, I view your worldview as equally puzzling. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: December 14, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »

It's perfectly legal, in America anyway, to walk into a temple on Rosh Hashanah and read from Mein Kampf. We cool with that?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: December 14, 2019, 03:30:47 PM »

It's perfectly legal, in America anyway, to walk into a temple on Rosh Hashanah and read from Mein Kampf. We cool with that?

The temple can exclude whomever they want, being a private institution. But I'm cool with some dweeb reading Mein Kampf on public property. Absolutely.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4035 on: December 14, 2019, 03:43:19 PM »

The temple can exclude whomever they want, being a private institution. But I'm cool with some dweeb reading Mein Kampf on public property. Absolutely.

That doesn't address the line of illegality and morality and how we as a society should feel about such things. Laws are constantly evolving, to take a "well it's legal" stance ignores that fact and implies that all of our laws are perfect, for perpetuity.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: December 14, 2019, 03:47:45 PM »

That doesn't address the line of illegality and morality and how we as a society should feel about such things. Laws are constantly evolving, to take a "well it's legal" stance ignores that fact and implies that all of our laws are perfect, for perpetuity.

Well, I'm a pretty big fanboi of the First Amendment, admittedly.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: December 14, 2019, 04:08:49 PM »

while i should admit that i probably don't have as much of a grasp on your worldview as i pretended to in my most recent post, and i also don't know how specific to the issue of legalism you intended your comment to be, i can't say that i've ever thought that you had any real idea what my worldview is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: December 14, 2019, 04:13:14 PM »

while i should admit that i probably don't have as much of a grasp on your worldview as i pretended to in my most recent post, and i also don't know how specific to the issue of legalism you intended your comment to be, i can't say that i've ever thought that you had any real idea what my worldview is.

Well, um, alright? I was clearly responding to your statement :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: December 14, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »
yeah, i know.  like, both of the caveats that i included were included because of that.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: December 14, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
yeah, i know.

Welp ... Big Gulps, eh?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: December 14, 2019, 04:21:58 PM »
yeah, i know.

i knew i should have deleted and reposted instead of modifying.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: December 14, 2019, 06:44:57 PM »
what is this thread ?  The sign on the door said Spracnes clown Haberdashery   :dunno:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: December 14, 2019, 07:06:29 PM »
My experiences with McKinsey have been that they are very cult like. The article stating them viewing themselves as like the Marine Corp or Catholic Church is pretty telling.  That said I’m still going to laugh my ass off at Dax calling them a shadowy corporation.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: December 14, 2019, 07:59:58 PM »
Everything in the world is shadowy to dax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: December 14, 2019, 08:10:46 PM »
Yeah, they are weirdos for sure, it’s all cringey stuff. They throw their tie over the same shoulder when they’re getting intense and say “it’s a McKinsey thing”. They also go around the room asking which one has the better tie most days. I’d be curious what kind of weird training they go through. I dislike working with them in general BUT also acknowledge that they are very good at getting stuff to completion. You have to tell them to stay in their lane a lot because they generally believe their lane is as wide as the earth but when they are in that lane they consistently valuable to at least our organization. We will bring them in when we have a massive project that's gone off the rails or have something we have to get done fast. We've also hired a lot of their people to come work for us and have had pretty good success with them in general. But they hop jobs a lot, which is to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: December 14, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »
When I worked for a competitor my boss, who came from McKinsey, would tell great stories to our clients about the weirdos at McKinsey. I have no idea if they were true or not..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: December 14, 2019, 09:20:47 PM »
Them thinking of themselves like the marines or a military corp or something makes sense too. I was having some booze drinks with one of the guys one time and he was telling me about how you have to do X and then you are promoted to Y, then you do A, and you are promoted to B, etc. I know a lot of careers are vaguely like that but the way he explained it was like scout badges and you had to get a certain number, very specific, and it was documented or some crap. And iirc he listed off all the levels or whatever and what you had to do. Thinking about Pete's accomplishments it kind of seems like a lot of scout badges.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: December 14, 2019, 09:26:45 PM »
Also they are extremely hierarchal. We'll have like 5 of them on one thing we are doing and I'll just grab one of the guy/guydettes and start talking to them about what I want to do next and the apparently ranking one will come and blow up the conversation and change the course and make me start over with what I want to do because apparently I wasn't talking to the highest ranking McKinseyitte. But they don't advertise that. I think generally if you hire 5 of them at least 3 are essentially in training or some crap.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: December 14, 2019, 11:30:44 PM »
LMAO