Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 542802 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3450 on: October 27, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: October 27, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »
She done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: October 27, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
i've seen harris people saying sanders disqualified himself and now a sanders poster (as well as a buttigieg poster, i guess) saying harris did so at this event.  biden supposedly also said some old and out of touch crap there.

tough event, apparently.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: October 27, 2019, 08:28:06 PM »
sys Bill Maher made a good point the other night about the 'crat candidates taking crazy sounding positions that pander to teeny tiny voting blocs,  why in your opinion is this happening?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: October 27, 2019, 08:34:12 PM »
i've seen harris people saying sanders disqualified himself and now a sanders poster (as well as a buttigieg poster, i guess) saying harris did so at this event.  biden supposedly also said some old and out of touch crap there.

tough event, apparently.

I didn’t say she DQ’d herself because of this. I had already DQ’d her when she made clear she isn’t for Medicare 4 All.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: October 27, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »
sys Bill Maher made a good point the other night about the 'crat candidates taking crazy sounding positions that pander to teeny tiny voting blocs,  why in your opinion is this happening?

because there are (were) like 20 candidates and the campaign is like a year long so eventually they all get asked a lot of different questions and at least a few of them believe at least one or two things that are slightly outside the mainstream of the party, so when they're asked, they outline their beliefs.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: October 27, 2019, 08:43:11 PM »
I didn’t say she DQ’d herself because of this. I had already DQ’d her when she made clear she isn’t for Medicare 4 All.

are you standing ready to dq warren when she retreats from m4a?  sanders called beto "a friend" the other day, basically endorsing him, imo.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: October 27, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »

because there are (were) like 20 candidates and the campaign is like a year long so eventually they all get asked a lot of different questions and at least a few of them believe at least one or two things that are slightly outside the mainstream of the party, so when they're asked, they outline their beliefs.

I can't remember a 'crat President that didn't campaign as a 'publight.  Nobody has been elected saying what Sanders, Warren, Beto etc are saying.  Biden is running the old playbook.  If this is what these people believe why don't they know to hide it until after the election.  There is something else going on and I think it is a gross miscalculation.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: October 27, 2019, 08:54:36 PM »

are you standing ready to dq warren when she retreats from m4a?  sanders called beto "a friend" the other day, basically endorsing him, imo.

I don’t know what you are trying to do here. I have DQ’d everyone but Bernie. I will probably vote for Warren if she is up against Trump (won’t matter) but I’m leaving the top of the ticket blank if it is Biden or Pete or something.

I’m more interested in convincing make it rain that this is the right course of action.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: October 27, 2019, 09:00:32 PM »
oh, i thought you'd softened towards warren.  trying to get you to move beto up above her on your ranked choice ballot.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: October 27, 2019, 09:48:05 PM »

tough event, apparently.

This isn't disqualifying for Kamala for anyone who's paid attention, it's more of the same. The comment from Biden, "poor kids are just as bright as white kids," is absolutely stunning. It either is an insight into his feelings or it was just an astounding gaffe, that has to lead one to wonder how many more of those he has in the holster for the reminder of the primary and general seasons.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: October 27, 2019, 10:07:34 PM »
did biden say that again?  hadn't heard that.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 27, 2019, 10:39:32 PM »
Oh i get it, you guys like hearing these crazy things, they get you all fired up and you don't realize how extreme they are and how few Americans share the views.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: October 28, 2019, 03:36:16 AM »
Oh i get it, you guys like hearing these crazy things, they get you all fired up and you don't realize how extreme they are and how few Americans share the views.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: October 28, 2019, 08:24:00 AM »

tough event, apparently.

This isn't disqualifying for Kamala for anyone who's paid attention, it's more of the same. The comment from Biden, "poor kids are just as bright as white kids," is absolutely stunning. It either is an insight into his feelings or it was just an astounding gaffe, that has to lead one to wonder how many more of those he has in the holster for the reminder of the primary and general seasons.

I think it’s because his brain is mostly pudding.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:44 AM »
After Biden gets humiliated in Iowa who will step out of the shadows as the establishment losses their mind over who will be the front runner?

Also look for the impeachment process to begin an even slower roll.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 29, 2019, 11:22:51 AM »
It's looking like Pete is going to be the moderate choice. It's also looking like Warren is going to run away with the nomination.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 29, 2019, 11:55:13 AM »
Agreed. Most people thought going into this process that moderate candidates could not survive. Pete is still making a play to garner as much of the mods as he can (as he should-that’s who he appeals to). Just unlikely to be enough unless a much larger pool of voters participate in the primary process than typically do.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 29, 2019, 12:39:54 PM »
It's looking like Pete is going to be the moderate choice. It's also looking like Warren is going to run away with the nomination.

don't agree with either assertion.  recent polling actually has warren declining, biden steady.  not that either means much 3 months out.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 29, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
Most people thought going into this process that moderate candidates could not survive.

who thought that?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 29, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
Many people were saying

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:45 PM »
It's also looking like Warren is going to run away with the nomination.

Nah. No one's is running away with the nomination.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 29, 2019, 03:38:00 PM »
These people: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-there-be-a-moderate-lane-in-the-2020-democratic-primary/

bacon basically argues that a) half of the dem electorate is moderate or conservative and b) that voters don't usually vote along (self-described) ideological axes.  he also states in that article that biden might be ideally placed to form a coalition among (self-described) non-liberals.

other than the title being phrased as a question, i don't see much, if anything, there that supports your assertion.

i'll add (more to rage than to you) that while buttigieg is ideologically placed among the moderates, and he has been clearly trying to reposition himself further to the right, afaik, most of his support still comes from (self-described) liberals.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 29, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
btw, this shows warren declining recently, which coincides with getting a little bit of bad press for the first time since like april or may.  all with the very big caveat that the rcp average is a really shitty average and it's entirely likely that both her apparent rise in early october and her apparent subsequent decline are just noise based on which polls are included in that week's average.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1188514818883371008