Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 541868 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #1725 on: April 25, 2019, 12:18:27 AM »
i mean, it's perfectly reasonable to think that bernie '16 supporters are trash and mumped over clinton and also think that clinton '08 supporters are trash but weren't able to eff over obama despite their best efforts.  and it's rational to have different emotional responses to those groups based upon outcome.

fwiw, most '08 clinton/mccain voters are now 'pubs (or dead).

I think there a measurable number of Bernie primary voters who weren't democrats, those people, ME, didn't screw Hillary at all.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 25, 2019, 12:34:47 AM »
yeah.  i don't want to look for it, but i just saw a tweet that mentioned that 16% of sanders primary voters in south carolina were 'pubs.  no surprise that most of those would vote trump in the general.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 25, 2019, 01:27:04 AM »
They act like he has an obligation to be uber-liberal because he’s gay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or in a field of 20 candidates a party of liberals are finding out they aren't enamored with a moderate the more they find out about him.

I love that this thread has turned into several moderate Republicans outraged that liberals aren't willing to throw away their convictions before the primaries even start because they are stuck with a dumb crap, pathological lying, psychopath as their representative. I can't wait to see the outrage when the democrats collectively crap all over Joe W. Obiden-Clinton and he gets Jeb'd out of the primaries.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 25, 2019, 01:31:43 AM »
Here's a thread!

https://twitter.com/riotarchitect/status/1120014240566468608
If you don’t actually click on the links in that thread it looks pretty bad for Pete but the articles themselves are not that damning.  Two of the articles are about supporting the gentrification of South Bend. The horror.

For some people it's a big deal, for me it's a deal breaker. My great grandmother, the only great parent I ever knew, her house, neighborhood, and many childhood memories for me were razed in gentrification for Bricktown in okc. I can't take my kids to the place I spent a lot of time at and, made many memories. White people, for the most part, don't have to worry about that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 25, 2019, 01:44:11 AM »
So my journey has taken me to where I should have been in the first place. Warren's support of Ilhan Omar, her unapologetic progressive agenda, and her well stated plan on paying for student loan forgiveness, I'm team Liz and I ain't leaving. I'll probably support the Democratic candidate no matter what unless it's Biden. Trump is winning Iowa in the general anyway, so who cares if I vote green or independent?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 25, 2019, 01:44:51 AM »
Here's a thread!

If you don’t actually click on the links in that thread it looks pretty bad for Pete but the articles themselves are not that damning.  Two of the articles are about supporting the gentrification of South Bend. The horror.

For some people it's a big deal, for me it's a deal breaker. My great grandmother, the only great parent I ever knew, her house, neighborhood, and many childhood memories for me were razed in gentrification for Bricktown in okc. I can't take my kids to the place I spent a lot of time at and, made many memories. White people, for the most part, don't have to worry about that

That's an interesting take.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 25, 2019, 01:52:08 AM »
Here's a thread!

lol, glad I could help. I couldn't give two shits about what king white bread thinks about my personal view of gentrification.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 25, 2019, 02:04:08 AM »
Here's a thread!

lol, glad I could help. I couldn't give two shits about what king white bread thinks about my personal view of gentrification.
You are of course entitled to your personal views of whatever. Your comment just made me reflect on the current appearance of the various stomping grounds of my youth, and it made me wistful. That reflection made me realize I have no control over the economic forces that shape the various places I have lived, though they remain in my memory and dreams in a special sheen.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 25, 2019, 02:19:26 AM »
Here's a thread!

You are of course entitled to your personal views of whatever. Your comment just made me reflect on the current appearance of the various stomping grounds of my youth, and it made me wistful. That reflection made me realize I have no control over the economic forces that shape the various places I have lived, though they remain in my memory and dreams in a special sheen.

I'm sure you have loads of relevant experience in having your friends and families entire neighborhood knocked down for a fake river, a Dave and Busters, and some condos, only to not have affordable housing put in.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 25, 2019, 02:27:48 AM »
I wish. Dave & Buster's is amazing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 25, 2019, 07:16:22 AM »

Or in a field of 20 candidates a party of liberals are finding out they aren't enamored with a moderate the more they find out about him.

I love that this thread has turned into several moderate Republicans outraged that liberals aren't willing to throw away their convictions before the primaries even start because they are stuck with a dumb crap, pathological lying, psychopath as their representative. I can't wait to see the outrage when the democrats collectively crap all over Joe W. Obiden-Clinton and he gets Jeb'd out of the primaries.

I assume this is @ spracne and myself? If so I don’t feel outraged.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 25, 2019, 07:51:29 AM »
I don't have experience with my family and friends old homes being knocked down and replaced by new developments but I'm sure that most in the area would benefit from some type of economic infusion into their community.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 25, 2019, 07:52:14 AM »

I assume this is @ spracne and myself? If so I don’t feel outraged.

It can't be about me, I'm not Republican.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: April 25, 2019, 07:59:44 AM »
What about when the feds show up and tell you to leave or eventually drown?   

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: April 25, 2019, 08:33:01 AM »
that is just a phil titola post

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: April 25, 2019, 09:25:10 AM »
that is just a phil titola post

I have not once opened this thread till today and I come on see my name being besmirched. I'll have you know I've broken myself of the ... habit thank you very much.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: April 25, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »
the biden argument in one kickass graph.  also, it seems like seth moulton officially entered the race and i didn't notice till now.  so we're at 20 candidates.   :cool:

https://twitter.com/MattGrossmann/status/1121077175019556870
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 25, 2019, 10:05:23 AM »
the biden argument in one kickass graph.  also, it seems like seth moulton officially entered the race and i didn't notice till now.  so we're at 20 candidates.   :cool:

https://twitter.com/MattGrossmann/status/1121077175019556870

538 had a similar chart, and the tweets made me think of what's going on with the moderate republicans ITT

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1121410113577811969

https://twitter.com/RyanDEnos/status/1121420170944110596

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1121427910815039488

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 25, 2019, 10:06:03 AM »
What a bunch of Nancy negs having 0% conference in the candidates.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: April 25, 2019, 10:25:42 AM »
the 538 graph left off warren?  she's probably the most interesting one, along with buttigieg, for electability, imo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 25, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
I think that Warren is the least likely of the candidates to beat Trump. A lot of people just don't like her. I think any of the democrats easily win the popular vote and probably win the election, though.