Author Topic: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap  (Read 143790 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap
« Reply #2075 on: May 22, 2023, 11:08:51 AM »
honestly where are you guys getting this narrative that lawmakers are out to eradicate trans people (and other LGBQ+ people as well)?  its just ridiculous boogey man nonsense.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: May 27, 2023, 04:03:01 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: May 27, 2023, 08:55:03 AM »
What groomer merch is causing such a splash? I didn’t even realize I could go to Target for my grooming needs.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: May 27, 2023, 09:03:40 AM »
What groomer merch is causing such a splash? I didn’t even realize I could go to Target for my grooming needs.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1660986542972624896

The woman is lying fwiw, the "tuck" swimsuit was for adults. But it doesn't really matter.

And I know it seems silly that these republican weirdos are so up in arms about pride stuff but LGBT people will be persecuted and killed as a result of this crap.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: May 27, 2023, 09:06:51 AM »
so in old scared people world do kids go out shopping by themselves and buy this stuff with their little credit cards?

Seems like this is a parent issue and what the choose to buy for their children.  but this is the same batch who wants to make many other decisions for the parents.

weirdos all about control

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 27, 2023, 04:55:49 PM »
Racist magats, sheesh.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/the-little-mermaid-box-office-numbers-prove-beyond-doubt-that-trolls-and-review-bombers-dont-go-outside/

Even though it’s only been playing in theaters for 24 hours, The Little Mermaid has already required some outside assistance to ensure that it doesn’t fall victim to the review-bombing campaign everybody knew was coming.

IMDb has actively altered its metrics after almost 50 percent of all votes cast for the live-action Disney remake decreed that it was only worth a 1/10 rating, which seems awfully suspicious and entirely transparent when being bottom of the barrel accrued three times as many votes as any other number from two through to a perfect 10.

However, as if we needed any more proof to settle the matter, the latest opening weekend numbers for The Little Mermaid have unequivocally proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that trolls and review-bombers do not get outside very much. It’s all well and good to sit behind a keyboard and say you hate something, but the fact director Rob Marshall’s family-friendly blockbuster is heading for a Memorial Day frame that could reach as high as $130 million indicates that it’s everybody else putting their money where their mouths are.

Not only that, but it additionally makes it patently clear that a large majority of the aforementioned trolls haven’t even bothered to check out the film for themselves, not that it takes a genius to figure that out, either. Bad movies make money all the time, but based on the general consensus, it’s hard to say that The Little Mermaid falls into that camp unless you’re one of the few determined to tear it down a peg or two.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: May 27, 2023, 05:14:39 PM »
Racist magats, sheesh.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/the-little-mermaid-box-office-numbers-prove-beyond-doubt-that-trolls-and-review-bombers-dont-go-outside/

Even though it’s only been playing in theaters for 24 hours, The Little Mermaid has already required some outside assistance to ensure that it doesn’t fall victim to the review-bombing campaign everybody knew was coming.

IMDb has actively altered its metrics after almost 50 percent of all votes cast for the live-action Disney remake decreed that it was only worth a 1/10 rating, which seems awfully suspicious and entirely transparent when being bottom of the barrel accrued three times as many votes as any other number from two through to a perfect 10.

However, as if we needed any more proof to settle the matter, the latest opening weekend numbers for The Little Mermaid have unequivocally proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that trolls and review-bombers do not get outside very much. It’s all well and good to sit behind a keyboard and say you hate something, but the fact director Rob Marshall’s family-friendly blockbuster is heading for a Memorial Day frame that could reach as high as $130 million indicates that it’s everybody else putting their money where their mouths are.

Not only that, but it additionally makes it patently clear that a large majority of the aforementioned trolls haven’t even bothered to check out the film for themselves, not that it takes a genius to figure that out, either. Bad movies make money all the time, but based on the general consensus, it’s hard to say that The Little Mermaid falls into that camp unless you’re one of the few determined to tear it down a peg or two.
FWIW, rotten tomatoes shows a 67% critics score but a 95% audience score, which also doesn’t seem right.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: May 27, 2023, 05:20:44 PM »
On the brighter side of things:

https://apnews.com/article/texas-attorney-general-paxton-impeachment-d0fa9114868adca63d55a21a53765c45

:horrorsurprise:
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1662577987198304256

He's been a piece of crap the whole time he's had that office, most of the time hand and hand with the piece of crap "governor." What did he do to piss off Abbott?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: May 27, 2023, 05:23:17 PM »
I honestly have no idea what prompted action. All I know is a committee just recently recommended it. Whether they were instructed to do so or whether it was the culmination of a lengthy investigation I dunno.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: May 27, 2023, 06:00:50 PM »
Seems like this is a parent issue and what the choose to buy for their children.  but this is the same batch who wants to make many other decisions for the parents.

Am I missing something?  What else is the right trying to decide for parents? Are you talking about gender affirming care?  It seems like the left is mostly on the side of restricting parent rights, but I may be forgetting something.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: May 27, 2023, 06:18:55 PM »

Am I missing something?  What else is the right trying to decide for parents? Are you talking about gender affirming care?  It seems like the left is mostly on the side of restricting parent rights, but I may be forgetting something.
Anything trying to prevent the availability of goods or services is obviously focused on restricting parent choices. It’s been all the rage recently with the right.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: May 27, 2023, 06:32:41 PM »
It seems like the left is mostly on the side of restricting parent rights, but I may be forgetting something.

What does this refer to?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap
« Reply #2089 on: May 27, 2023, 06:54:59 PM »
It seems like the left is mostly on the side of restricting parent rights, but I may be forgetting something.

What does this refer to?
Masking /vax’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: May 27, 2023, 06:58:20 PM »

What does this refer to?
What is what referring to?  Left seems like they were on kids’/teachers’ side with the don’t say gay (requiring teachers to tell parents kids’ sexuality/gender stuff), school curricula, books, etc.

Not saying any of that is right or wrong, but in the general cultural dialogue, it seems like the right has mostly been the ones carrying the “parental rights!” banner on most things.  So Stone’s comment struck me as odd.

What does this refer to?
Masking /vax’s

Yeah this too.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: May 27, 2023, 07:24:36 PM »

What?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: May 27, 2023, 07:27:35 PM »

What?
Oh yeah. Dq is super chud on school stuff

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: May 27, 2023, 07:33:12 PM »
Listen, I’m not championing any of it.  I’m just saying on the topic of “making decisions for parents” (which stone brought up) it seems like the left has been doing that more on most things (which have been perfectly reasonable positions, imo).

I was just asking what LSOC was talking about. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 27, 2023, 07:35:00 PM »

What?
Oh yeah. Dq is super chud on school stuff

I have no clue what you’re talking about

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: May 27, 2023, 07:35:32 PM »

What does this refer to?
What is what referring to?  Left seems like they were on kids’/teachers’ side with the don’t say gay (requiring teachers to tell parents kids’ sexuality/gender stuff), school curricula, books, etc.

Not saying any of that is right or wrong, but in the general cultural dialogue, it seems like the right has mostly been the ones carrying the “parental rights!” banner on most things.  So Stone’s comment struck me as odd.

Either I had a stroke or you did because I don't understand this at all. How is not requiring teachers to tell a parent if their kid wants to identify as another gender a restriction of parents rights? There's no law mandating teachers to not tell. How does not allowing some psycho to get a book removed from a library because it might hurt their feelings a restriction of parental rights? Again, there's no law requiring all students to check out books from the library about race or gender?

These are only parental rights issues if one is of the belief that conservatives literally don't have the capability to mind their own rough ridin' business. My child checking out Uncle Tom's Cabin from the library literally has nothing to do with anyone who doesn't want to read that book.

These bills don't give any conservative parents any rights they didn't have before, all they do is make it harder for LTGBQ kids to feel like they aren't alone in their experiences.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: May 27, 2023, 07:37:11 PM »

What does this refer to?

The right has been passing laws banning parents and physicians from administering gender affirming care, which seems like more of an attack on parental rights than anything the left has proposed or passed. I will say those bans are definitely wrong.

The "Don't say gay" bill and book bans aren't about parental rights because parents could already opt out of public schools and not go to libraries. Those items are purely about demonizing LGBT people.

I think you're confusing the "don't say gay" bill with attempts to require teachers to disclose to parents if a student comes out to them as gay or transgender. I'm a little more sympathetic to the right's position on this, but I think it depends on the situation. I know trans kids who are comfortable with one set of pronouns about their friends, but might use different ones around their parents because their parents aren't as supportive or understanding. At worst, a teacher outing a student at home could put the student in danger. At best, disclosing something like gender dysphoria to parents would lead to the parents helping the child get the care they need.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: May 27, 2023, 07:42:28 PM »

What does this refer to?

Either I had a stroke or you did because I don't understand this at all. How is not requiring teachers to tell a parent if their kid wants to identify as another gender a restriction of parents rights? There's no law mandating teachers to not tell. How does not allowing some psycho to get a book removed from a library because it might hurt their feelings a restriction of parental rights? Again, there's no law requiring all students to check out books from the library about race or gender?

These are only parental rights issues if one is of the belief that conservatives literally don't have the capability to mind their own rough ridin' business. My child checking out Uncle Tom's Cabin from the library literally has nothing to do with anyone who doesn't want to read that book.

These bills don't give any conservative parents any rights they didn't have before, all they do is make it harder for LTGBQ kids to feel like they aren't alone in their experiences.

I get you don’t agree with them (I don’t either) but saying “I’m going to teach your child xyz whether you like it or not” is a parental rights issue. “I’m not going to tell you things about your child that you want to know” also implicates parental rights.  “Your child must be vaccinated to do xyz.” Same deal.

These things also implicate a host of other issues (education/general interest/public health/child privacy rights, etc).  It also bears pointing out that “parental rights” take a back seat in like a ton of different situations (see child protection laws!). But in the cultural debate on these issues the right has been the one waving the “parental rights” - which is why LSOC’s comment threw me off.  I didn’t know what else he was referring to.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 07:50:14 PM by DQ12 »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: May 27, 2023, 07:54:04 PM »

What does this refer to?

I get you don’t agree with them (I don’t either) but saying “I’m going to teach your child xyz whether you like it or not” is a parental rights issue. “I’m not going to tell you things about your child that you want to know” also implicates parental rights.  “Your child must be vaccinated to do xyz.” Same deal.

These things also implicate a host of other issues (education/general interest/public health/child privacy rights, etc).  It also bears pointing out that “parental rights” take a back seat in like a ton of different situations (see child protection laws!). But in the cultural debate on these issues the right has been the one waving the “parental rights” - which is why LSOC’s comment threw me off.  I didn’t know what else he was referring to.

Yes the right says they are for parental rights because it sounds way better than "we hate gay people".

And I mentioned the banning of gender affirming care for youth as taking away parental rights, do you not see it that way?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 27, 2023, 07:56:49 PM »
Sheesh, Dlew.