Author Topic: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap  (Read 145250 times)

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap
« Reply #1925 on: March 29, 2023, 09:15:45 AM »
Why do these Iowa legislators want to punish people for saving money? I would generally think this group would prefer people to not blow all of their income, but here they are incentivizing people to not save.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 29, 2023, 09:25:00 AM »
Why do these Iowa legislators want to punish people for saving money? I would generally think this group would prefer people to not blow all of their income, but here they are incentivizing people to not save.

or to lie their sacks off, which seems to be the smart move.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 29, 2023, 09:28:52 AM »
Damn, you went from “Cancun of the Midwest” to “Florida of the North.”

https://twitter.com/anniegowen/status/1637954212377010177

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 29, 2023, 09:38:34 AM »
My favorite part of school choice bills is the laundry list of Dems voting against them who themselves went to private schools and sent their kids to private schools.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 29, 2023, 09:54:04 AM »
My favorite part of school choice bills is the laundry list of Dems voting against them who themselves went to private schools and sent their kids to private schools.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What's wrong with that?

The school choice bills are money grabs for rich people.  If you can't afford private schools they aren't helping.

School choice exists in the form of parochial school, home schools, co-op schools or private.

taking away money from already strapped districts isn't going to open a bunch of new schools.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 29, 2023, 09:55:14 AM »

Wait, re read, are you arguing that there shouldn't be private schools?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 29, 2023, 10:01:50 AM »

What's wrong with that?

The school choice bills are money grabs for rich people.  If you can't afford private schools they aren't helping.

School choice exists in the form of parochial school, home schools, co-op schools or private.

taking away money from already strapped districts isn't going to open a bunch of new schools.

While I tend to look at many things as money grabs for rich people, like forever wars for example.  The only people getting rich are the defense contractors and whatever faction we decide to back, at least their leaders anyway, I digress.

Not everything is a "money grab for rich people". 

I didn't say there's anything wrong with going to private schools.   Having dealt with numerous school systems across 8 states that range from the wealthiest of the wealthy suburban schools and private schools, to school systems in some of the poorest counties in these United States.  I feel that I can say with a relative degree of certainty, that there's some school systems that they can throw limitless supplies of money at, and under their current structure, they're not going to get any better.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 29, 2023, 10:12:03 AM »
more engaging smh

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 29, 2023, 10:15:19 AM »
more engaging smh

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I can only handle people that affirm my reality . . . dug

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 29, 2023, 10:22:59 AM »
This is terrible, but not even close to the worst example of how our welfare state (if you can even call it that) abuses people. The Medicaid rules are completely insane. Did you get some long term care? Ok, now we will take your house and any assets to recoup expenses. Just wild, and they recoup like half a percent of the total cost of Medicaid. Completely wild.

We also have states like Kansas and Mississippi that have continuously refused to accept the federal Medicaid expansion dollars and rural hospitals are failing left and right. I would call it a completely irresponsible stewardship of public goods, but really it is just purposeful cruelty.

I can’t post in the school shootings thread any more because it is too far gone, but the way this country systematically abuses the most vulnerable and feels zero obligation to any other human is really demoralizing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: March 29, 2023, 10:35:17 AM »
This is terrible, but not even close to the worst example of how our welfare state (if you can even call it that) abuses people. The Medicaid rules are completely insane. Did you get some long term care? Ok, now we will take your house and any assets to recoup expenses. Just wild, and they recoup like half a percent of the total cost of Medicaid. Completely wild.

We also have states like Kansas and Mississippi that have continuously refused to accept the federal Medicaid expansion dollars and rural hospitals are failing left and right. I would call it a completely irresponsible stewardship of public goods, but really it is just purposeful cruelty.

I can’t post in the school shootings thread any more because it is too far gone, but the way this country systematically abuses the most vulnerable and feels zero obligation to any other human is really demoralizing.

How many states had work requirement requests that never received Federal approval?

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 29, 2023, 10:36:22 AM »

We could solve a lot of these abuses of our welfare state with a UBI.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 29, 2023, 01:33:41 PM »
Imagine the effect on the Iowa farmer if every state had a policy like that.

Well all states won't do it but we can be sure the usual suspects will. None of these ideas are original concepts, they all come from the heritage foundation and other crap bird think tanks. Iowa now, South Dakota and the southern states next

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 29, 2023, 01:36:19 PM »

my goodness

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 29, 2023, 02:49:57 PM »
Imagine the effect on the Iowa farmer if every state had a policy like that.

Well all states won't do it but we can be sure the usual suspects will. None of these ideas are original concepts, they all come from the heritage foundation and other crap bird think tanks. Iowa now, South Dakota and the southern states next

Yeah, the states that don't have enough people to move the needle on prices will be all in on this crap. Farmers complaining about food stamps will always be amusing to me, though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 30, 2023, 05:34:00 PM »

I might need to start an Iowa politics thread. I keep trying to give these psychopaths the benefit of the doubt in thinking they're just pushing a larger conservative agenda but they're completely off the rails.

Look at this crap  :ROFL:
https://twitter.com/Rushthewriter/status/1641444041706569730

Bear in mind, literally this exact same session, they did this

https://twitter.com/kattenbarge/status/1637826501826560001

These lunatics want 14 year olds to work in beef packing plants but don't want them to have social media. You republicans on the board, your party has completely lost the plot.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 30, 2023, 05:41:34 PM »
Kansas republicans are much more reasonable than Iowan republicans.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 30, 2023, 08:44:24 PM »
 :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 04, 2023, 09:17:48 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/tennessee-expulsion-gop-lawmakers-1c4793ba0552c07aa0dc3949c5f76ea9

Doing more to prevent protesting against gun violence than they have ever considered doing to prevent gun violence.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 04, 2023, 11:51:26 PM »

I might need to start an Iowa politics thread. I keep trying to give these psychopaths the benefit of the doubt in thinking they're just pushing a larger conservative agenda but they're completely off the rails.

Bear in mind, literally this exact same session, they did this

https://twitter.com/kattenbarge/status/1637826501826560001

These lunatics want 14 year olds to work in beef packing plants but don't want them to have social media. You republicans on the board, your party has completely lost the plot.

All this circles around what Jon Stewart as always expertly put concisely that pubs' culture war fight is the only thing they got cause it's the only card they have left. Their entire motif for years, even before trump distilled it into "owning the libs" is simply not a method of clear action, nor any good ideas. They have none, we have been run more or less by their complete inability to offer anything but the word NO and more of the same crap, and enough people are done with it.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 05, 2023, 02:41:09 PM »

I'm OK with prohibiting it for minors without parental approval.  Can of worms on how you get parental approval, but, generally speaking, I think it's probably a good idea (if a bit idealistic) to keep young kids off social media.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 05, 2023, 02:45:08 PM »
It’s the 2023 version of video games will rot our kids brains
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 05, 2023, 02:59:03 PM »

I'm OK with prohibiting it for minors without parental approval.  Can of worms on how you get parental approval, but, generally speaking, I think it's probably a good idea (if a bit idealistic) to keep young kids off social media.

how about a solid 8 hour shift down at Armour foods for little susie?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 05, 2023, 03:16:21 PM »
It’s the 2023 version of video games will rot our kids brains

Maybe. Video games don't bully kids, though.