Author Topic: I miss _Fan  (Read 18005 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: I miss _Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2018, 05:41:53 AM »
Thank you for your service, Greg.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2018, 05:48:49 AM »
Thank you for your service, Greg.
No problem puni, I'm about to go #ack some breakfast as I woke up at 3am KS time and cannot sleep, might as well jumpstart my day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2018, 07:34:12 AM »
i am pretty surprised there aren't more witty current students
It ended with Winters
Whoa winters graduated and as far as I'm concerned, I'm all you guys have with the current students. I have done my best to help the BBALL blog with the Kam news, early schedules, sign making and other stuff. I enjoy goEMAW a lot actually. I have told people about the blog and I have gotten people to get on and read. I love the crap out of the school we all talk about. Go back and look at my first posts they were shitty yes but I was just trying to talk to people who loved the same sports teams or had the same interests as me. I was a freshman in high school for God's Sake.

I have met Winters through this blog and Haverhill, they are both stand up guys. I like to think people that have been apart of this community are like both of them. The "legacy" posters don't bite, posters don't be afraid to reach out. I have asked a lot of questions in the job thread and everyone was nice enough to connect me with others who may know something about the field or how to break into it. Now I'm working at an internship here in town.

That's just my two cents.  The day goEMAW leaves the web will be a dark one and I hope it never comes.

This is all great news during a difficult time Greg, thank you. 
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2018, 08:53:02 AM »
Way to calm the waters, Greg.  Coach Snyder would be proud.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2018, 08:57:08 AM »
Greg you can get 1 month of premium for every new subscriber that logs 10 or more posts on this sports blog
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2018, 09:04:57 AM »
Greg you can get 1 month of premium for every new subscriber that logs 10 or more posts on this sports blog
Nice ahearn fund ultimatum

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2018, 09:32:27 AM »
If the GE.com owners gave a crap about this board they'd have a storefront in the 'Ville.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2018, 01:07:07 PM »
I don't get this thread.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »
How good does it feel @ksu_FAN1 to have a thread about you without the [you] thing. wow

Also @GregKSU1027 is the best newer poster by far.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2018, 02:01:42 PM »
yeah ftr Greg, i was pondering why there aren't more good student posters

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »
How good does it feel @ksu_FAN1 to have a thread about you without the [you] thing. wow

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »

We're now at the point where the students who care about message boards grew up reading their moms and dads gpc account. We're a good decade and a half before we start seeing a wave of gE offspring at CatU.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2018, 02:22:08 PM »

I admire fans work, I love stats. This thread has transformed from a _fan tribute to goEMAW's death.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2018, 02:25:20 PM »

We're now at the point where the students who care about message boards grew up reading their moms and dads gpc account. We're a good decade and a half before we start seeing a wave of gE offspring at CatU.

So the new crop is at GPC?!

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »
Nice ahearn fund ultimatum

^ underrated post Greg :lol:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2018, 02:32:22 PM »

So the new crop is at GPC?!
EFF NO! All the Riley Gates tucks are at GoPowercat. Twitter is where everyone is. Most people are starting on Twitter and Facebook in about the 8th grade. My bro in law who is a lurker and contributes from time to time told me about goEMAW as he graduated in 2011.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2018, 02:37:11 PM »
I honestly didn't hear about GE until after I graduated. IMO the "underground" feel of the message board is what both makes it great and also limits active new users. I think gorilla marketing is the next step - similar to the awesome fire oscar magnets from a couple of seasons ago. Start with band stickers in Aggieville bathrooms and on light posts on campus and go from there. Hide fake "premium user " gift cards in books in Hale. Maybe print out a handful of sweet GE tees and hand them to the first five or so people in line waiting for premo seats at football and basketball games. This approach keeps the Wildcat Salute types away and keeps things mysterious.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2018, 02:38:28 PM »
All your buds from school talk about the cats on twitter Greg?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I miss _Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »

Or maybe two years.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
I feel like this place started going downhill when _fan gave an interview about inventing OOD and didn't mention this blog.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »
I feel like this place started going downhill when _fan gave an interview about inventing OOD and didn't mention this blog.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2018, 04:47:45 PM »
I’m also kind of enjoying this thread as a non-legacy poster. It kind of has that feel of a 40-year old looking himself in the mirror realizing he’s no longer the young guy he thought of himself as, and wondering if he is where he wanted to be at this point in his life. Where did he want to be? Where SHOULD he want to be?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:51:18 PM by brandochav »

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »
I wanted to clarify a few things that were bothering me.  When i left GPC i originally went to TP's site and i can't remember it's name...think it was ksufans or something.  It was nice to be free of Fitz and his bullshit and i liked that site. Then you guys broke away and took a lot of really good posters so i came here and honestly the board was really fun with a lot of fun and funny stuff.  At some point i decided to try to contribute and was immediately attacked, but i knew it was the schtick so i was ready for it.  Or I thought i was.  LOL.  After a few months of trying I said eff it and quit for a while.  Then i came back as WB and told myself i wouldn't let the PI crap bother me this time.  In truth the personal attacks were less irritating than the fact that there just was no good discussion.  When someone disagrees with you, instead of a well thought out argument it's just vitriol.  I realize this is how a lot of posters on here amuse themselves and that's unfortunate because it's not what i am looking for in a message board/community.  I used to come to this place to be entertained and for a long while it was VERY entertaining....now it's not fun, funny or even interesting, outside of a few posters.   I commend the group of guys that started this place...i've actually met some of you and you seem to be good people.  The fact that you have your own message board is pretty cool...it's just not what it was and it's time for me to go.  I spent a few hours yesterday on KSO and it brought back a lot of memories of the posters i used to know and enjoy.  I think i'm going to like it there.

And MIR ftr I'm not an HR manager or a farmer.  I own a Tier 1 automotive parts manufacturing company.  We supply large structural automotive components to Ford, GM and Chrysler.  I do appreciate the business advice i received in the pit!  I'm putting it to good use.   :cheers:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2018, 06:50:52 PM »
Happy trails WB hope KSO is everything you want and need in a message board solution.  What was your original handle on here out of curiosity?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2018, 07:01:39 PM »
I wanted to clarify a few things that were bothering me.  When i left GPC i originally went to TP's site and i can't remember it's name...think it was ksufans or something.  It was nice to be free of Fitz and his bullshit and i liked that site. Then you guys broke away and took a lot of really good posters so i came here and honestly the board was really fun with a lot of fun and funny stuff.  At some point i decided to try to contribute and was immediately attacked, but i knew it was the schtick so i was ready for it.  Or I thought i was.  LOL.  After a few months of trying I said eff it and quit for a while.  Then i came back as WB and told myself i wouldn't let the PI crap bother me this time.  In truth the personal attacks were less irritating than the fact that there just was no good discussion.  When someone disagrees with you, instead of a well thought out argument it's just vitriol.  I realize this is how a lot of posters on here amuse themselves and that's unfortunate because it's not what i am looking for in a message board/community.  I used to come to this place to be entertained and for a long while it was VERY entertaining....now it's not fun, funny or even interesting, outside of a few posters.   I commend the group of guys that started this place...i've actually met some of you and you seem to be good people.  The fact that you have your own message board is pretty cool...it's just not what it was and it's time for me to go.  I spent a few hours yesterday on KSO and it brought back a lot of memories of the posters i used to know and enjoy.  I think i'm going to like it there.

And MIR ftr I'm not an HR manager or a farmer.  I own a Tier 1 automotive parts manufacturing company.  We supply large structural automotive components to Ford, GM and Chrysler.  I do appreciate the business advice i received in the pit!  I'm putting it to good use.   :cheers:

hey WB no one gives a crap