Author Topic: Baylor situation gets worse  (Read 22035 times)

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor situation gets worse
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 06:29:30 PM »
What is Houston's current conference tie in?  How do we make it happen?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 07:48:35 PM »
What is Houston's current conference tie in?  How do we make it happen?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We might be able to add Houston (if we go to 12 in the conference), but I don't see getting rid of Baylor.  I don't think there is any way to make it happen short of Cthulhu swallowing up the campus or God lightning bolting all of Waco into oblivion (Both of which would make for great cable tv news coverage).

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 11:15:47 PM »
Maybe we could convince Cthulhu that there is a free plate full of waffles on Baylor's campus if he looks hard enough while simultaneously asking God to go long for a pass over Waco.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »
You're probably right, Baylor is going nowhere, but in reality, would a process of excommunicating these fucks have to manage its way through approval from the Texas state legislature? I might as well start calling if so.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2018, 09:03:03 AM »
NCAA at least used the words lack of institutional control in the initial report:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article219285540.html

I doubt they'll have the marbles to follow through. Baylor has 3 months to respond, but we can expect a final NCAA decision in spring 2019.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 09:19:54 AM »
The NCAA is a spineless, gutless, half blind organization that just hangs around anymore to collect money in March and April for a hobby sport tournament. I don't expect much of anything from them.

Baylor needs to go. They bring nothing to this conference and wouldn't be here in the first place had UT and A&M not been held hostage by the state government of Texas back when the SWC folded. We should straight up swap them for Houston. This whole conference would be better off doing so.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
They won't get the death penalty, but if they did, it would be a perfect excuse to swap them out for someone else.

HOWEVER, I think the most likely scenario around getting rid of Baylor (and none are even close to reality) is that we would simply drop them and go to 9 teams...and back to the glorious 4 non-conference games.  :love:

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
They won't get the death penalty, but if they did, it would be a perfect excuse to swap them out for someone else.

HOWEVER, I think the most likely scenario around getting rid of Baylor (and none are even close to reality) is that we would simply drop them and go to 9 teams...and back to the glorious 4 non-conference games.  :love:

I wonder what it would take for the NCAA to impose the death penalty again. They seem really unlikely to do so ever since the SMU situation.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 09:24:33 PM »
When Iowa State starts crying about refs and the big 12 again, note that neither Hakeem Butler nor David Montgomery were ejected for their roles in that.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2018, 07:29:49 AM »
When Iowa State starts crying about refs and the big 12 again, note that neither Hakeem Butler nor David Montgomery were ejected for their roles in that.

Baylor automatically loses that fight because their dumbass player is punching guys in helmets.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2018, 07:35:41 AM »

Baylor automatically loses that fight because their dumbass player is punching guys in helmets.
Funny though. He did think about it. He open hand slapped the helmet. ISU guy came throwing the punch after that.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
Baylor gonna Baylor...f'ing trash.

The play on which Montgomery and Roberts were ejected came two snaps after Baylor safety Chris Miller was flagged for a late hit on Montgomery along the Iowa State sideline. Miller and Baylor cornerback Raleigh Texada knocked Montgomery over a Gatorade cart on the play.

A near fight ensued, though only a flag on Miller was assessed. Then after a 10-yard Montgomery run, he ran for one yard while Iowa State receiver Hakeem Butler pinned Baylor safety Blake Lynch to the grass during a block. That play led to a series of shoving matches, and uniformed security ran onto the field from the Iowa State sideline before Montgomery and Roberts tangled.

Officials issued a personal foul on every member of both teams, meaning that the next personal foul would lead to the ejection of any player -- involved or not in the original set of scrums. Brewer, the Baylor QB, was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after a fourth-quarter rush that resulted in his departure from the game.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 11:28:59 AM »
Now is the perfect time to host Joker-esque tryouts with a broken pool cue to stay in the Big 12.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »

The play on which Montgomery and Roberts were ejected came two snaps after Baylor safety Chris Miller was flagged for a late hit on Montgomery along the Iowa State sideline. Miller and Baylor cornerback Raleigh Texada knocked Montgomery over a Gatorade cart on the play.

A near fight ensued, though only a flag on Miller was assessed. Then after a 10-yard Montgomery run, he ran for one yard while Iowa State receiver Hakeem Butler pinned Baylor safety Blake Lynch to the grass during a block. That play led to a series of shoving matches, and uniformed security ran onto the field from the Iowa State sideline before Montgomery and Roberts tangled.

Officials issued a personal foul on every member of both teams, meaning that the next personal foul would lead to the ejection of any player -- involved or not in the original set of scrums. Brewer, the Baylor QB, was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after a fourth-quarter rush that resulted in his departure from the game.

I don't know where you got that account from but it definitely undersells butler's role in what happened. He "pinned" Lynch down by standing up then putting his knee in Lynch's chest. The Baylor dude was a fool for reaching above a referee to slap Montgomery

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »
Punches to football helmets still can hurt or at least stun if done well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2018, 10:09:46 AM »
Punches to football helmets still can hurt or at least stun if done well.

Baylor dude slapped Montgomery right in the ear hole, that doesn't tickle.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
My least favorite part of playing football was the helmet slaps after a good play. Luckily I was not good so it didn't happen often.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »

I don't know where you got that account from but it definitely undersells butler's role in what happened. He "pinned" Lynch down by standing up then putting his knee in Lynch's chest. The Baylor dude was a fool for reaching above a referee to slap Montgomery

It came from ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25236642/iowa-state-david-montgomery-baylor-greg-roberts-ejected-fighting

Watch the video. Blake Lynch (Baylor) pulls Hakeem Butler (Iowa State) down with him, and then doesn't let him up. What was Butler supposed to do? (teabag would be an acceptable answer)

Baylor was playing dirty that whole game and the refs didn't shut it down soon enough. Fox has video of the late hit/unsportsmanlike conduct that lead up to the big brawl.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/video/1367246403915

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »

It came from ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25236642/iowa-state-david-montgomery-baylor-greg-roberts-ejected-fighting

Watch the video. Blake Lynch (Baylor) pulls Hakeem Butler (Iowa State) down with him, and then doesn't let him up. What was Butler supposed to do? (teabag would be an acceptable answer)

Baylor was playing dirty that whole game and the refs didn't shut it down soon enough. Fox has video of the late hit/unsportsmanlike conduct that lead up to the big brawl.

That’s a pretty dramatic description of the late hit that led to the melee - Texada was trying to get his guy out of there. Understand the call, but it felt like more of a couldn’t stop momentum + Gatorade cooler explosion for effects. The field was crap and nobody had any footing. Clone fans I had to watch with agreed. Purdy seems to be the real deal though so I’m curious to see how they do without Montgomery for the first half in Austin.

Agree Butler is getting a pass for his role. First thing I noticed watching it Sat night. Really hope Bill has one more miracle left in him 2 weeks from now..

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »

It came from ESPN.

That’s a pretty dramatic description of the late hit that led to the melee - Texada was trying to get his guy out of there. Understand the call, but it felt like more of a couldn’t stop momentum + Gatorade cooler explosion for effects. The field was crap and nobody had any footing. Clone fans I had to watch with agreed. Purdy seems to be the real deal though so I’m curious to see how they do without Montgomery for the first half in Austin.

Agree Butler is getting a pass for his role. First thing I noticed watching it Sat night. Really hope Bill has one more miracle left in him 2 weeks from now..

Also if you watch that video closely, you'll see Montgomery never lets go of Texada either, well not until he crashes into the Gatorade cart. This is just more of Iowa State doing what they do best, playing the victim.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »
Understand the call, but it felt like more of a couldn’t stop momentum + Gatorade cooler explosion for effects.

I don't want to defend a trash program such as Baylor's (because you can't).  However, maybe the effort was to bring more moisture to the field and elevate it to proper flood aggie standards.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2019, 02:10:20 PM »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2019, 07:19:03 PM »
Didn’t know which thread this should go in

https://twitter.com/micahfleet/status/1132066134663016448
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2019, 09:56:42 PM »
Omg that last line “coached at 3 Texas Universities.”

I mean we get you can’t resist the desire to kick ass in Texas football, but you can’t just pretend his last college coaching gig wasn’t worth noting.