Author Topic: Baylor situation gets worse  (Read 22030 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Baylor situation gets worse
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:40:41 PM »
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/former-baylor-president-told-employee-delete-scandal-related-emails-motion-claims/fIXqV9GBf3790fnxD8cs2O/

Attorneys in a sexual assault lawsuit against Baylor University say they’ve obtained records that suggest a former Baylor interim president told an administrator to delete emails related to the suit.
The allegation was in a motion, filed Wednesday, and is the latest development in a federal civil rights lawsuit in which several women have accused the Waco-based university of repeatedly mishandling, ignoring or stifling claims of sexual and physical abuse of students.

The attorneys for the 10 women claim in the motion that they’ve obtained an email that shows that then-interim President David Garland wrote to a “high-level Baylor athletics official” and told him, “I would erase the emails.”

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor situation gets worse
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:15:31 PM »
Oof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:19:17 PM »
Obviously the he should have called Hillary Clinton... she would have known what to do..............

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »
Obviously the he should have called Hillary Clinton... she would have known what to do..............

And trump would have been busy engaging in the sexual assault.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:43:25 PM »

you guys are cute

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 12:31:48 PM »

Him and Bill would have really enjoyed Baylor....

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »
So....can we kick them out yet?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
Emailing someone to tell them they should delete emails for shady legal reasons is amazing.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 07:12:10 PM »
Holy rough ridin' hell!  Burn that place to the ground!

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »
"These are the issues everywhere. This isn't a Baylor thing. This is an 'our world' thing.

A reporter referenced two of Rhule's staff who were fired near the start of his tenure, one was a coach arrested in connection with a prostitution sting and another was a staff member who reportedly sent inappropriate text messages to a teenager, and asked, "Are you worried at all about the culture of the program?"

"No, not at all," Rhule said without hesitation.

Compared to this:

Philadelphia law firm Pepper Hamilton -- which was hired by the school's board of regents to investigate whether the school properly handled allegations of sexual assault by students, including football players -- was critical of the culture within the football program and Briles' discipline of players. Pepper Hamilton's findings described Baylor's football players as being "above the rules" with "no culture of accountability for misconduct."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 06:18:18 AM »
And to think there are people here who say the Big 12 and the NCAA shouldn't find any obscure, vague, unintentional rule to kill the entire Baylor athletic department.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 07:31:27 AM »
And to think there are people here who say the Big 12 and the NCAA shouldn't find any obscure, vague, unintentional rule to kill the entire Baylor athletic department.

:rolleyes:
Killing the women's golf program will be the kick in the ass Baylor really needs to clean up the rape culture.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »

:rolleyes:
Killing the women's golf program will be the kick in the ass Baylor really needs to clean up the rape culture.

whatever has happened so far hasn't done the trick...

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »
Burn. It. Down.

Cesspool of a bunch of religious crazies that have no business being in the BigXII.

Quote from:  Dugout DickStone
whatever has happened so far hasn't done the trick...

Exactly. This department has allowed the raping and murder (literally) of its student athletes and has continued receive no real punishment for any of it. All they do is deny deny, try to cover their tracks, and move on.

A Baylor staffer asked me, “I don’t know why we’re still (talking about) this; it was two years ago.”

Nothing to see here, move along, move along. Just typical Baylor stuff going on.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 08:38:15 AM »
Are there any grumblings, legitimate ones, that the conference might actually seek to excommunicate these zealots? Hell, even Colorado State looks better than these guys at the moment. Although, I'd probably just add Cincinnati to give WVU a play pal.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »
https://www.prweek.com/article/1491030/sources-baylor-used-mole-aid-comms-during-sexual-assault-crisis
Just read deadspin's coverage of this.  Why the Big 12 allows this university to coexist in the fraternity is beyond me.  The entire institution is beyond redemption.  I know some were worried about the effects of punishing the entire institution would have on non-involved student athletes, but that can easily be remedied by making Baylor pay for their education elsewhere and allowing immediate transfers when their athletic department is banned from all competition.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 11:23:10 AM »
Yea, I think it's well due time to kick them out. Just find the best available to replace them and do it.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »
Houston is 100x better fit for the Big 12 than these weirdo losers

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Houston is 100x better fit for the Big 12 than these weirdo losers
Absolutely just as much (IMO much more) upside than Baylor ever had.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
https://www.prweek.com/article/1491030/sources-baylor-used-mole-aid-comms-during-sexual-assault-crisis
Just read deadspin's coverage of this.  Why the Big 12 allows this university to coexist in the fraternity is beyond me.  The entire institution is beyond redemption.  I know some were worried about the effects of punishing the entire institution would have on non-involved student athletes, but that can easily be remedied by making Baylor pay for their education elsewhere and allowing immediate transfers when their athletic department is banned from all competition.

Just read that prweek link...geesh. Student activities employee/lackey on campus provided intel on rape survivors' political actions to BU administrators. Administrators call their multi-million dollar for hire communication consulting firm to see what the next step in damage control will be.  :facepalm:

There has to at least be a conversation at the conference level on other options, right?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »
I still need someone to explain to me how Baylor weaseled their way into this conference.

I also need an explanation for why they should be allowed to stay, because I agree that Houston would be a much better school to be associated with than Baylor.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2018, 05:24:46 PM »
I still need someone to explain to me how Baylor weaseled their way into this conference.

I also need an explanation for why they should be allowed to stay, because I agree that Houston would be a much better school to be associated with than Baylor.
These are easy

1. The Governor of Texas at the time of the conference negotiating/forming, Ann Richards, was a Baylor grad and used her clout for leverage. At the time you could kind of see Baylor. SMU, TCU, and Houston had issues with probation and those schools repeatedly cheating killed the SWC. Rice, although in Houston, was already too far gone to be in a major conference, and likewise UTEP was simply not an option. Baylor, ironically enough, was relatively clean and they weren't yet the horrific sad sack program that they were the first 15 years they were in the conference. The Big 8 really didn't have a choice, and like I said, at the time they were the best option out of only poor choices.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »
Good grief Baylor has been awful for over a century.

n the 1890s, William Cowper Brann published the highly successful Iconoclast newspaper in Waco. One of his targets was Baylor University. Brann revealed that Baylor officials had been importing South American children recruited by missionaries and making house-servants out of them. Brann was shot in the back by Tom Davis, a Baylor supporter. Brann then wheeled, drew his pistol, and killed Davis. Brann was helped home by his friends, and died there of his wounds.