Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 434689 times)

The42Yardstick

Re: Offical World Cup Thread
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »
Look, Brazil is going to crush those Dutch ppl. If you don't agree with me, you're a complete dumbass. Don't be a dumbass, dumbasses.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »
Own goal? More like the Netherlands are gonna get OWNED goal, amirite

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »
Own goal? More like the Netherlands are gonna get OWNED goal, amirite

Own goal.  Hopefully that dude doesn't meet the same fate Escobar did    :surprised:  :ohno: 

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »
Look, Brazil is going to crush those Dutch ppl. If you don't agree with me, you're a complete dumbass. Don't be a dumbass, dumbasses.
:lol:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 02, 2010, 02:04:15 PM »
Does ESPN know that the USA Dream Team is not playing in this thing anymore?  Why are they still talking about it, showing games, etc?  I want to watch sportscenter.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 02, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »
Does ESPN know that the USA Dream Team is not playing in this thing anymore?  Why are they still talking about it, showing games, etc?  I want to watch sportscenter.

Dumbass award goes to you. It's only the biggest world wide sporting event. Heaven forbid other people in this country would rather know what's going on in the biggest world sporting event than watch the same outfield web gem 20 times for an hour.
[

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 02, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »

Heaven forbid other people in this country would rather know what's going on in the biggest world sporting event than watch the same outfield web gem 20 times for an hour.

I understand the defensive nature of soccer fans, and I understand that you want to believe this is true, but it just isn't.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »

Heaven forbid other people in this country would rather know what's going on in the biggest world sporting event than watch the same outfield web gem 20 times for an hour.

I understand the defensive nature of soccer fans, and I understand that you want to believe this is true, but it just isn't.

actually, he is, and i'm not even on his side. if people weren't still watching it espn wouldn't be showing it. the hispanic market alone gives them tons of viewers.

the argument "but it's the most popular sport in the universe" that soccer fans always make is stupid though. just because lots of people watch it doesn't make it a great sport. a lot of these countries just don't have the money to play anything else. when the games are this big i can get into some just because i love sports drama, and its a beautiful game with some great athletes, but don't tell me it's amazing just because of sheer numbers.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 02, 2010, 08:39:59 PM »

actually, he is, and i'm not even on his side. if people weren't still watching it espn wouldn't be showing it. the hispanic market alone gives them tons of viewers.

the argument "but it's the most popular sport in the universe" that soccer fans always make is stupid though. just because lots of people watch it doesn't make it a great sport. a lot of these countries just don't have the money to play anything else. when the games are this big i can get into some just because i love sports drama, and its a beautiful game with some great athletes, but don't tell me it's amazing just because of sheer numbers.

I wonder how much the ratings dropped since we lost.  Probably a lot.  Is MExico still in it?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 02, 2010, 08:50:48 PM »
a lot of these countries just don't have the money to play anything else.

where i live, there are 3 fully functional outdoor bball courts scattered around town.  never seen anyone play bball on any of the courts, ever.  pretty much every afternoon wo rain kids are on the courts playing soccer.

there's also an indoor court, where people do play bball.  mostly middle-aged women.  the gov't pays them to play.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 02, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
you can play soccer with piece of trash laying around.  bball has to have a bouncy ball.  The rest of the world is poor.  that's why soccer is king.  It's a poor trash sport.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2010, 12:06:05 AM »
you can play soccer with piece of trash laying around.  bball has to have a bouncy ball.  The rest of the world is poor.  that's why soccer is king.  It's a poor trash sport.

This. Major reason why baseball (and horse racing) are considered the sport(s) of kings. You have to have equipment along with a minimum of 17 other guys to play baseball. And a minimum of a few grand and a bad gambling habit to be a player in horse racing. Hoops? Just a ball that you stole, and a rim. Football? Just a ball that you stole, and that's it. Soccer? Ditto. Hockey? It's a little more elite, see above (e.g. baseball).
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 03, 2010, 12:24:37 AM »

This. Major reason why baseball (and horse racing) are considered the sport(s) of kings. You have to have equipment along with a minimum of 17 other guys to play baseball. And a minimum of a few grand and a bad gambling habit to be a player in horse racing. Hoops? Just a ball that you stole, and a rim. Football? Just a ball that you stole, and that's it. Soccer? Ditto. Hockey? It's a little more elite, see above (e.g. baseball).

Have you heard how kids play baseball in the Dominican Republic and other poor countries in the Carribean? They use fracking balls of trash and wooden sticks, tard.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 03, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »

it costs a lot more to pour a cement bball court and install a couple of steel baskets and hang nets than it does to buy a bouncy ball.

never seen anyone playing with trash, by the way.  they use soccer balls.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 03, 2010, 10:09:54 AM »
sorry dumbasses but if sports = amount of money you have then we'd be watching the world cup of diving.  diving = some cliff, ocean.  no trash needed.  thanks, this lesson was free.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 03, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
not everyone in the world has access to cliffs to dive off of.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 03, 2010, 11:10:06 AM »

Countries with no access could pile up a lot of trash and dive off the trash pile into another, smaller, pile of trash.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

Have you heard how kids play baseball in the Dominican Republic and other poor countries in the Carribean? They use fracking balls of trash and wooden sticks, tard.

yeah, and you know what? Those kids with the basurabols are the fracking envy of the island, them and all their buds.
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 03, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »

Countries with no access could pile up a lot of trash and dive off the trash pile into another, smaller, pile of trash.

not everyone in the world has trash

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 03, 2010, 08:16:25 PM »
a lot of these countries just don't have the money to play anything else.

where i live, there are 3 fully functional outdoor bball courts scattered around town.  never seen anyone play bball on any of the courts, ever.  pretty much every afternoon wo rain kids are on the courts playing soccer.

do you live in mexico?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2010, 08:33:51 PM »
bottom line, world cup is elite.  the rest of soccer can GTFOOMF.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »
in all seriousness, i actually like playing soccer and can see why people do. it just isn't a very good tv sport. it's like golf in that respect for me.

that said, i'm still watchin the cup

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 04, 2010, 02:04:18 PM »
in all seriousness, i actually like playing soccer and can see why people do. it just isn't a very good tv sport. it's like golf in that respect for me.

that said, i'm still watchin the cup
+1 if you're talking about world cup of diving.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »
michael who?

Don't forget, Ballack is now out for Germany for the World Cup after getting injured in this one. Big Time loss for the Germans.

they'll be better off w/o him

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2010, 09:47:12 AM »
let's go diego forlan  :excited:

:love: