Author Topic: special one tv is back :D !!!111!!  (Read 18827 times)

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
Re: Chmp League (4th English spot up for grabs) & Copa Italia Final
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »
Can we have another FACKING team win the Barclays? Chelsea and ManU are getting pretty stale right now... :curse:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2010, 05:13:15 PM »
Can we have another FACKING team win the Barclays? Chelsea and ManU are getting pretty stale right now... :curse:
Welcome to European soccer where the elites stay elite and everyone else fights for 5th.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Europa Legue Final Starring Clint Dempsey Wednesday (UEFA CL's lil bro)
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
come on Fulham
come on Fulham
come on Fulham
come on Fulham
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 03:23:11 PM by mcmwcat »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline daughterofdaxjones

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »
Welcome to European soccer where the elites stay elite and everyone else fights for 5th.
Disagree. Blackpool FC, where my grandpa is from, are going tho the Championship Final to get a chance to go to the prem. Take a look at what they are paying these guys that are playing for them compared to other teams in the playoffs.
http://www.bfcblog.co.uk/championship-play-off-squad-costs/

Butt Fugly

come on Fulham
come on Fulham
come on Fulham
come on Fulham

bout time.   :cool:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2010, 08:19:16 AM »
Disagree. Blackpool FC, where my grandpa is from, are going tho the Championship Final to get a chance to go to the prem. Take a look at what they are paying these guys that are playing for them compared to other teams in the playoffs.

blackpool in the prem?  could get ugly.  but it would be still be awesome for their fans to experience that.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2010, 10:21:53 AM »
Well yeah of course the lower leagues are competitive, but really they are just playing for the chance to get relegated next year.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: year of doubles and trebles (inter, bayern, chelsea)
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2010, 08:16:20 AM »
weekend wrap:

after winning 4 major trophies trophies last year (along with 2 minor ones) Barcelona's last chance at a title came down to the final week of La Liga.  Barca and Messi trounced the visitors 4-0 to get the title making Real Madrid's result meaningless in the title race.  Madrid ended up drawing anyway so a draw would have been good enough for Barca to retain their league title.  the draw between Madrid and Malaga kept Malaga up in the top division as they avoided relegation.

Bayern Munich won the German Cup to go along with their league title.  they will be going for the treble this weekend.

Inter Milan's 1-0 win clinched the title for them as Roma finished just a point behind.  they also claimed a double with a chance at the treble this weekend going for the European Championship against Bayern.

FA Cup final was closer than expected with Chelsea banging 6 shots off the combinations of posts and crossbars before Drogba's free kick goal gave them the deciding goal in a 1-0 victory over Portsmouth.  Chelsea's cup win means they get their 2nd trophy of the season to go along with their league title.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
weekend wrap:

FA Cup final was closer than expected with Chelsea banging 6 shots off the combinations of posts and crossbars before Drogba's free kick goal gave them the deciding goal in a 1-0 victory over Portsmouth.  Chelsea's cup win means they get their 2nd trophy of the season to go along with their league title.

Don't forget, Ballack is now out for Germany for the World Cup after getting injured in this one. Big Time loss for the Germans.
[

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
weekend wrap:

Don't forget, Ballack is now out for Germany for the World Cup after getting injured in this one. Big Time loss for the Germans.

they'll be better off w/o him

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
Re: year of doubles and trebles (inter, bayern, chelsea): CL FINAL WEEK!
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
WE (USA) are better off without Ballack. Germany and USA could meet first in the knockout rounds if we play our cards right. Germany now has a HUGE problem at Midfield w/o their captain and team leader.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Soccer Satruday / David Villa to Barcelona
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »
it’s last weekend of club competition of the season and the last football to be watched until the FIFA World Cup (TM) begins on June 11.

of course the match of the week and of the year is the Champions Leage final Saturday afternoon.  Inter vs Bayern.  Jose vs Louis.  the Italians vs the Germans.  Hopefully the game doesn’t turn into a tactical slowdown because Bayern’s attacking from the wings can be really fun to watch; especially Robben’s cutting in from the right and Lahm’s overlapping behind Robben.  we'll see a ton of internationals being called up to the FIFAWC in this game from Germany, Brazil, Netherlands, and Argentina. 

The 2 managers
Jose Mourinho
PORTO
2 x Portuguese Liga: 2002-03, 2003-04
1 x Portuguese Cup: 2002-03
1 x Portuguese SuperCup: 2003
1 x UEFA Cup: 2002-03
1 x UEFA Champions League: 2003-04
CHELSEA
2 x FA Premier League: 2004-05, 2005-06
1 x FA Cup: 2006-07
2 x League Cup: 2004-05, 2006-07
1 x FA Community Shield: 2005
INTER
2 x Serie A: 2008-09, 2009-10
1 x Coppa Italia: 2009-10
1 x Supercoppa Italiana: 2008

Louis Van Gaal
AJAX
3 × Dutch League (Eredivisie): 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96
3 × Dutch Super Cup (Johan Cruijff Shield): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95
1 × Dutch Cup (KNVB Cup): 1992–93
1 × UEFA Cup: 1991–92
1 × Champions League: 1994–95
1 × UEFA Super Cup: 1995
1 × Intercontinental Cup: 1995
BARCELONA
2 × Spanish League (La Liga): 1997–98, 1998–99
1 × Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey): 1997–98
1 × UEFA Super Cup: 1997
AZ
1 × Dutch League (Eredivisie): 2008–09
Bayern Munich
1 × German League (Bundesliga): 2009–10
1 × German Cup (DFB-Pokal): 2009–10
1 × Audi Cup: 2009–10

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
go Inter for KK's sake

go Bayern for football's sake

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
in England the playoff to get into the premiere league features a battle of small-timers in Blackpool vs Cardiff City .  it would be cool to see a club like Blackpool get into the top division but I think they may set a record next year for lowest point total ever.  places 3-6 playoff for the 3rd promotion spot to get into the EPL and Blackpool finished 6th while Cardiff City finished 4th.  either team will get pummeled next year. just the chance to get pummeled in the EPL is a privilege which will be decided Saturday morning in Wembley stadium.  the fans, getting a chance to watch their team play against the best in the sport for 38 games, won't care about getting that pummeling.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:48:46 AM by mcmwcat »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
spanish international and la liga golden boot winner David Villa signs with Barca.  wtf Barca?  maybe you can ship Ibrahimovic  over to MLS too.

who will Real Madrid sign to counter this move?  Torres? Fabiano? Pato?

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
spanish international and la liga golden boot winner David Villa signs with Barca.  wtf Barca?  maybe you can ship Ibrahimovic  over to MLS too.

who will Real Madrid sign to counter this move?  Torres? Fabiano? Pato?
Atletico Madrids Sergio Aguero seems likely to be Reals next signing. He is on a few teams wish lists and could be a star in the making. Plus he's Maradona's son in law. Neymar fm Santos(BRZ) is another name to remember. He has game changing speed and a ton of potential. Dude scored like five goals in a game last season. He's  getting attention from a few big clubs in England and Italy. Pele loves this kid. Robinho also plays for Santos right now, but he could be moving on after the WC...Real should move on Torres, though.  Liverpool is starting to look pretty ugly right now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:56:43 AM by Pexikan »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279890/Real-Madrid-panic-Manchester-City-Arsenal-monitor-17m-David-Silva.html

looks like Madrid is going after David Silva who was paired up front with David Villa at Valencia for the past 4 years.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
Inter 2-0 over Bayern Munich

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
First Champions League final I've missed in a very long time. I didn't care. Watched highlights on tv. That defense fm Bayern Looked horrible. I guess this means Jose Mourinho is on to Real.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Inter pretty much dominated.   Bayern had a few chances on goal and should have tied it up 30 seconds into the second half which would have made it interesting.  wouldn't have mattered as Inter showed their superior class throughout. 

i'm not sure what Maradona is thinking leaving Cambiasso and Zanetta out of the World Cup squad.  those 2, playing in front of the back 4, shut down almost everything  Bayern threw at them.

on the other end, Milito toyed w/ the 2 Bayern center backs for most of the game making the club look dumb for letting Lucio get away from them.  with the salary cap in the German league they probably didn't have the money to keep him anyway.

congrats to Mr. KK for getting great odds on Inter to win it all  :katpak:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
took the money I won on Inter and am now going a little crazy with World Cup bets.

Any thoughts on leading scorer?  Pretty good odds on Tevez, Adriano, Roque Santa Cruz and Forlan.  Think Tevez is a pretty good bet, maybe Eto'o.  I think Santa Cruz/Forlan could easily score 2-3 in the group, but I'm unsure they will advance and that makes it tough, but the odds for the Spainards are terrible, the Italians are too hard to guess, the Germans are a sucker bet, don't like Ronaldo, don't like the French.  Thinking maybe a Dutchman or Fabiano is the true favorite.

Rooney?  Would love to hear some thoughts.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
took the money I won on Inter and am now going a little crazy with World Cup bets.

Any thoughts on leading scorer?  Pretty good odds on Tevez, Adriano, Roque Santa Cruz and Forlan.  Think Tevez is a pretty good bet, maybe Eto'o.  I think Santa Cruz/Forlan could easily score 2-3 in the group, but I'm unsure they will advance and that makes it tough, but the odds for the Spainards are terrible, the Italians are too hard to guess, the Germans are a sucker bet, don't like Ronaldo, don't like the French.  Thinking maybe a Dutchman or Fabiano is the true favorite.

from Brazil I'd go with Fabiano.  guy is a goal scoring machine for the national team with 14 goals in 14 games: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=43021&cc=5901.  you know Brazil is almost guaranteed to get to the semifinals so they'll have a lot of games for him to get a lot of goals.  opens up against N. Korea so they'll be some opportunities there.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'd definitely go with Rooney. He's England's main man, they always try and get him the ball. He's got a fairly easy group (minus the USA who will win 4-0), and if they win the group they've won't have to face Brazil, Spain or Italy until at least the semis.