Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 434629 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #6925 on: June 14, 2022, 11:02:18 PM »
will take

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: June 15, 2022, 12:40:29 AM »
That was as wild of a 1-1 draw as you'll ever see.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: June 15, 2022, 11:28:35 AM »
That was as wild of a 1-1 draw as you'll ever see.
Yes. And in their defense, their goalie made a few really elite saves. USA could have had 2-3 goals easy.

Our guys looked super pouty for about 60 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: June 15, 2022, 11:29:42 AM »
Not counting the missed hand bball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: June 15, 2022, 11:32:02 AM »
thanks jordan morris (still don't want to see you anywhere near qatar)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6930 on: June 16, 2022, 09:42:34 AM »
thanks jordan morris (still don't want to see you anywhere near qatar)

I think he'd be pretty damn good off the bench, late in matches, doing exactly what he did in El Salvador.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: June 16, 2022, 10:24:08 AM »
Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson, Ferreira, Weah, Pefok, Pepi, probably Arriola, probably missing someone too would all be above morris

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: June 20, 2022, 03:47:35 PM »
Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson, Ferreira, Weah, Pefok, Pepi, probably Arriola, probably missing someone too would all be above morris

Pepi has really fallen out of favor and form. I'd rather see Haji keep getting chances rather than waste a roster spot on Morris.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: June 21, 2022, 12:33:54 AM »

Pepi has really fallen out of favor and form. I'd rather see Haji keep getting chances rather than waste a roster spot on Morris.
Did you see what gregg said about Haji? Yikes :sdeek:

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: June 21, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »

I did. Pretty bullshit if you ask me. We completely changed tactics late in the game after taking him out and the conditions were absolutely trash. Not fair at all to be evaluating his performance based off that start. GreGG has a history of dumb favoritism and bad takes. This is just another one on the list. BTW, I'm not saying Haji is the solution by any means. Just that we don't have enough real information to be making a decision. The dude is 22 years old, has a history with several of our key players, and has the right physical tools to carry the job. Would be a far better move to at least see about it rather than keep a 27 year old Morris with two recent acl tears imo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: June 22, 2022, 08:41:15 AM »

I did. Pretty bullshit if you ask me. We completely changed tactics late in the game after taking him out and the conditions were absolutely trash. Not fair at all to be evaluating his performance based off that start. GreGG has a history of dumb favoritism and bad takes. This is just another one on the list. BTW, I'm not saying Haji is the solution by any means. Just that we don't have enough real information to be making a decision. The dude is 22 years old, has a history with several of our key players, and has the right physical tools to carry the job. Would be a far better move to at least see about it rather than keep a 27 year old Morris with two recent acl tears imo.
Agree with all of this, other than the Morris comparo. Morris is, and should be a wing player, not a central striker.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: June 22, 2022, 11:43:20 AM »

Agree with all of this, other than the Morris comparo. Morris is, and should be a wing player, not a central striker.

The problem with Morris on the wing is his fitness and competition. The dude looks BEEFY for a winger. He also has to compete against Crispy P, Gio, Weah, Aaronson, and Arriola... I don't see any of those guys losing their spot to Morris unless injury or some other disaster happens, particularly because Ferriera and Arriola have good chemistry. Honestly, I don't disagree with the thought that Twellman had RE: moving Weah to No. 9. Every time he has been getting the ball within 35 yards he has been hunting for net. Either way, I'd rather see Haji get more looks than Pepi. Sargent also deserves some better looks, but both of them need to perform.

Straight up tho, do you guys also get super excited at the thought of a midfield with Adams, McKennie, Aaronson, Musah, Crispy, and Gio? Toss in attacks from Dest and Jedi, we will be able to play a style of football we have never witnessed at our national team level. Putting Weah at the top of that pyramid is super enticing given his confidence on the ball and willingness to take chances. He's obviously the next on the list talent wise, but playing out of position might not do him any favors.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: June 22, 2022, 02:12:01 PM »
i dont watch enough of these other guys, but for those of u who do, how far away is Busio from making the squad?  Now and in the future.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: June 23, 2022, 12:44:50 PM »

The problem with Morris on the wing is his fitness and competition. The dude looks BEEFY for a winger. He also has to compete against Crispy P, Gio, Weah, Aaronson, and Arriola... I don't see any of those guys losing their spot to Morris unless injury or some other disaster happens, particularly because Ferriera and Arriola have good chemistry. Honestly, I don't disagree with the thought that Twellman had RE: moving Weah to No. 9. Every time he has been getting the ball within 35 yards he has been hunting for net. Either way, I'd rather see Haji get more looks than Pepi. Sargent also deserves some better looks, but both of them need to perform.

Straight up tho, do you guys also get super excited at the thought of a midfield with Adams, McKennie, Aaronson, Musah, Crispy, and Gio? Toss in attacks from Dest and Jedi, we will be able to play a style of football we have never witnessed at our national team level. Putting Weah at the top of that pyramid is super enticing given his confidence on the ball and willingness to take chances. He's obviously the next on the list talent wise, but playing out of position might not do him any favors.

Morris has always been chubby, but before the latest ACL injury he was the fastest player in the pool, factually. I have no idea about his speed now.

I would need to see some metrics but I don't think the issue with the 9 is as bad as people make it out to be. It seems like, in our system, the nine doesn't get as much service because our wings score a lot and we have aggressive attackers in the midfield. We'll see, I guess.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: June 23, 2022, 12:54:32 PM »
i dont watch enough of these other guys, but for those of u who do, how far away is Busio from making the squad?  Now and in the future.

Qatar won't happen. It's possible in the future but the problem that he has is the player in front of him, who is his closest comp, Tyler Adams, is only 23 years old and might be the best player on the team.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: June 28, 2022, 04:58:19 PM »

Morris has always been chubby, but before the latest ACL injury he was the fastest player in the pool, factually. I have no idea about his speed now.

I would need to see some metrics but I don't think the issue with the 9 is as bad as people make it out to be. It seems like, in our system, the nine doesn't get as much service because our wings score a lot and we have aggressive attackers in the midfield. We'll see, I guess.

Agreed with this. Seems odd that we would want to rely on target man play when we have such dynamic movement in our midfield. That being said, a true hold up forward would do wonders for our pace.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: June 28, 2022, 07:38:29 PM »

Agreed with this. Seems odd that we would want to rely on target man play when we have such dynamic movement in our midfield. That being said, a true hold up forward would do wonders for our pace.

Jozy? Dike? Khiry Shelton? lol

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: June 29, 2022, 09:59:21 AM »
Can we just get Haaland to transfer?

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: June 29, 2022, 09:59:44 AM »
Would also settle for Benzema.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: September 23, 2022, 09:06:02 AM »
I can't believe I woke up early for this bullshit
https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1573302998998081537

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6945 on: September 23, 2022, 09:13:13 AM »
Jesus rough ridin' Christ

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: September 23, 2022, 09:39:01 AM »
this smells like losing to or struggling with tcu / arkansas state / tulane immediately before playing oklahoma. CONFIDENCE RISING!!!

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: October 07, 2022, 10:41:51 AM »
Pefok has gotta get called up, right???

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: October 07, 2022, 11:59:10 AM »
You'd hope so

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: November 09, 2022, 04:32:27 PM »
is arriola injured or what's the deal

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1590468916991885313