Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 448141 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #4700 on: June 09, 2015, 04:36:12 PM »
Probably but I'll turn a blind eye to that.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: June 09, 2015, 05:08:08 PM »
Can't wait for Austin Aztex to take their rightful place in the MLS while the garbage Dynamo get regulated

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: June 09, 2015, 05:13:11 PM »
Can't wait for Austin Aztex to take their rightful place in the MLS while the garbage Dynamo get regulated
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: June 09, 2015, 05:24:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/travismclark/status/608249788325191680

This may be the most idiotic thing Jürgen has said. Pro/Rel wouldn't work in the current set up of MLS and would result in lawsuits from recent new owners who payed outrageous amounts of money for a top flight team. Also could you imagine what would happen to fan support for the Chicago Fire if they got relegated? They'd be playing in front of 1200 fans, and the single entity and salary cap system would be absolutely horrendous in a Pro/Rel system. I think we could see a small 3 league pyramid with Pro/Rel in 15-20 years maybe if that is a true desire by the USSF and MLS and they started taking the steps necessary to build that into the plan, but any sooner could be a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so he is an idiot for wanting something you yourself agree is a good idea in theory?

He's an idiot because the current system is absolutely perfect for developing and keeping players on the USMNT sharp, I have no idea why he would care about anything else. As it is now it is very easy for the best players to cluster. He already has a bug up his ass about the quality of the MLS, what the eff would he do if one or two of his better players ended up playing in a second division? Why am I aware of this issue but he isn't? It's official, he's either a xenophobe or a troll.

I dated a Dutch girl once who lived here but was a total xenophobe. Everything about Europe was better than America, it was so rough ridin' annoying. We were once in Montreal and it got so bad that her best American friend who was from St. Louis eventually had enough and literally told her to shut the eff up when she said "even in Canada they have better money with colors." It was the highlight of my summer.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: June 09, 2015, 05:39:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/travismclark/status/608249788325191680

This may be the most idiotic thing Jürgen has said. Pro/Rel wouldn't work in the current set up of MLS and would result in lawsuits from recent new owners who payed outrageous amounts of money for a top flight team. Also could you imagine what would happen to fan support for the Chicago Fire if they got relegated? They'd be playing in front of 1200 fans, and the single entity and salary cap system would be absolutely horrendous in a Pro/Rel system. I think we could see a small 3 league pyramid with Pro/Rel in 15-20 years maybe if that is a true desire by the USSF and MLS and they started taking the steps necessary to build that into the plan, but any sooner could be a disaster.

so he is an idiot for wanting something you yourself agree is a good idea in theory?

He's an idiot because the current system is absolutely perfect for developing and keeping players on the USMNT sharp, I have no idea why he would care about anything else. As it is now it is very easy for the best players to cluster. He already has a bug up his ass about the quality of the MLS, what the eff would he do if one or two of his better players ended up playing in a second division? Why am I aware of this issue but he isn't? It's official, he's either a xenophobe or a troll.

I dated a Dutch girl once who lived here but was a total xenophobe. Everything about Europe was better than America, it was so rough ridin' annoying. We were once in Montreal and it got so bad that her best American friend who was from St. Louis eventually had enough and literally told her to shut the eff up when she said "even in Canada they have better money with colors." It was the highlight of my summer.

You know relegation isn't purely a European thing, right? I'm not saying that switching the MLS to a relegation based system at this very moment would be a good idea, and I don't think Klinsmann would either, but relegation is clearly a useful tool in creating competition, and is a better option to the way the MLS is and has been run.

He's an idiot because the current system is absolutely perfect for developing and keeping players on the USMNT sharp,

LOL

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: June 09, 2015, 07:38:57 PM »
DOD Take 2 (friend) MLS and NASL hate each other and any sort of cooperation is long in the future.

I've heard small bits about their hatred fued. But if things don't shake out right if Traffic Sports is forced out, NASL might be done or need financial backers. Just seems like as good a chance as any if the two were to work together.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: June 09, 2015, 07:40:27 PM »
Like, for instance, if SKC was relegated, fan support and TV ratings would be absolutely zero.  League is too young - fledgling fan base.  better players will result in better competitiveness.   

Is NASL support just awful?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: June 09, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »
DOD Take 2 (friend) MLS and NASL hate each other and any sort of cooperation is long in the future.

I've heard small bits about their hatred fued. But if things don't shake out right if Traffic Sports is forced out, NASL might be done or need financial backers. Just seems like as good a chance as any if the two were to work together.
USL is friends with MLS. There is some potential there down the road imo.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: June 10, 2015, 04:12:15 AM »
I want whatever is more fun.  Promotion/Relegation is endlessly entertaining. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: June 10, 2015, 05:24:08 AM »
U-20s are in the QFs

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: June 10, 2015, 06:34:25 AM »
Pretty pumped about that, really wish this was in a better time zone.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:02 PM »
Yeah I really enjoyed watching the WC in 2013. Loved watching Pogba and Sanogo on France.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »
Haven't seen a minute this year :(

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: June 10, 2015, 01:57:13 PM »
Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), William Yarbrough (Club León)

Defenders: Ventura Alvarado (Club América), DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Michael Orozco (Pubela), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers), Brek Shea (Orlando City), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Alan Gordon (LA Galaxy), Aron Jóhannsson (AZ), Jordan Morris (Stanford University), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: June 10, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »
Also, didn't Beasley retire? Lol

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: June 10, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »

Also, didn't Beasley retire? Lol

From international play that is

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: June 10, 2015, 02:00:18 PM »
This https://twitter.com/grantwahl/status/608705493968809985

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: June 10, 2015, 03:45:43 PM »
guys...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: June 10, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »
 :excited:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: June 10, 2015, 03:48:15 PM »
jürgen is building a monster  :whistle1:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: June 10, 2015, 04:06:06 PM »
Are there any good teams in Europe that we could schedule?  We seem to be beating whoever these rummies are with ease.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: June 10, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »
:thumbs: