Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 448108 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Excited to watch the USMNT tomorrow at Sporting Park  :cheers:

How does this game work? Is it after the SKC game tonight? Before? TIA

SKC game is at 8. USMNT game is at 9.

Skc game is at 7 now. Got changed last week

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
What would Donovan actually add to this squad? Everything he brings to the table, someone else brings more of, except for being a step behind and a defensive liability.

Absolutely, there are better players than him on the roster. Julian Green is absolutely not one of them. Same thing goes for Goodson. He's much better than Brooks. Anyone arguing for LD to be on the roster is just arguing for there to be the best 23 players going to the World Cup which is only every four years. Honestly, I don't disagree with that.

i always find it funny when people think they know more than a head coach about player talent and ability, especially at Jurgen's level. If he included Green instead of Donovan, it's because he thinks Green provides a greater benefit to the team than Donovan.

For fucks sakes man, you're better than that. What a lame response, this is a message board if you don't want to talk about this stuff then GTFO.

If you're claiming that Donovan only provides goal scoring, I don't agree, then you're calling him a poacher and he's 10x the poacher that Wondo is and I love Wondo. Fact is that either Green or Wondo aren't playing at all and if there will be someone who will have their ass stapled to the bench then why not Landon.

We will never know this, but I'd admit I was wrong if the coaches got an indication that Landon would not be happy as a role player or a no player then I'd be okay with it, he does have a history of not being the best teammate ever.

Did you guys see Klinsmann's son tweet mocking Landon?

didn't seen this until now, but wow is it so wrong on so many levels. try and come to terms with the fact that Donovan isn't what he once was, and that a players legacy doesn't change what he is today. i love how everyone assumes Green will be on the bench, and that Jurgen's family totally hates America. gmafb.

How often do you watch Landon and LA these days? Serious question. Also, how many times have you seen Julian play? Serious question.

Get the eff out of my face with all this "we're not allowed to question Jurgen" bull crap.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Seriously? eff that. I have to make the drive from MHK. :shakesfist:

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well in your first scenario, SKC plays a half of soccer and I guess the USMNT is the half time show.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Well in your first scenario, SKC plays a half of soccer and I guess the USMNT is the half time show.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I have to get to games early to get my seats in the Cauldron. Luckily my buddy can save my seat.

Edit: I work this afternoon
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:05:50 AM by sunny_cat »

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
What would Donovan actually add to this squad? Everything he brings to the table, someone else brings more of, except for being a step behind and a defensive liability.

Absolutely, there are better players than him on the roster. Julian Green is absolutely not one of them. Same thing goes for Goodson. He's much better than Brooks. Anyone arguing for LD to be on the roster is just arguing for there to be the best 23 players going to the World Cup which is only every four years. Honestly, I don't disagree with that.

i always find it funny when people think they know more than a head coach about player talent and ability, especially at Jurgen's level. If he included Green instead of Donovan, it's because he thinks Green provides a greater benefit to the team than Donovan.

For fucks sakes man, you're better than that. What a lame response, this is a message board if you don't want to talk about this stuff then GTFO.

If you're claiming that Donovan only provides goal scoring, I don't agree, then you're calling him a poacher and he's 10x the poacher that Wondo is and I love Wondo. Fact is that either Green or Wondo aren't playing at all and if there will be someone who will have their ass stapled to the bench then why not Landon.

We will never know this, but I'd admit I was wrong if the coaches got an indication that Landon would not be happy as a role player or a no player then I'd be okay with it, he does have a history of not being the best teammate ever.

Did you guys see Klinsmann's son tweet mocking Landon?

didn't seen this until now, but wow is it so wrong on so many levels. try and come to terms with the fact that Donovan isn't what he once was, and that a players legacy doesn't change what he is today. i love how everyone assumes Green will be on the bench, and that Jurgen's family totally hates America. gmafb.

How often do you watch Landon and LA these days? Serious question. Also, how many times have you seen Julian play? Serious question.

Get the eff out of my face with all this "we're not allowed to question Jurgen" bull crap.

OFTEN.

Of course you are allowed to question Jurgen, but the butt hurt coming out of this is so beyond stupid. The same people that are pissed about this are the same people who were very upset that Bocanegra was outed; the same people that were pissed about Bradley getting canned; the same people who still think that American's can just go out there and win on good ol' American gusto. What Klinsmann is trying to do is far more important than hanging onto the mediocre dreams that American soccer was built on. In addition to the fact that Donovan is not a fit with the current team for many reasons (style, tactics, physical ability), his absence benefits the growth of US soccer and it's future. I'm not saying Donovan isn't the best American to ever play the game, because he is. There is no denying that. I'm just saying that he is not what he was, and American soccer has moved in a different, better direction. Stop feeding into the bullshit notion that being the best American to ever play the game equates to being anything but an average to below average soccer player in the world spectrum.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:24:11 AM by asava »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I wasn't pissed about any of those things you mentioned fwiw. I was sad about Boca but I understood why.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I don't think Jurgen is a complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for doing this, but I do think it's wrong to thing there's no spot for Landon coming off the bench when we need a goal. I have been onboard with almost all of his decisions so far, but I'll need convincing for this one. I can't blindly accept that Green is already a better player because I haven't seem him enough.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
Explosive, understands the system we play in, a great touch, and fit. Really hope he sees some time today.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Explosive, understands the system we play in, a great touch, and fit. Really hope he sees some time today.

I don't think there's any question he will. Jurgen came out and said he's going to sub early and often to give as many players time as possible. Looking forward to it. :cheers:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mix will be wearing the number ten shirt fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Hey, so this is in SF tonight!

I kinda wish I was going.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

seems easier than breaking into their practices!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

seems easier than breaking into their practices!

It's like $60 for awful tickets.  :dunno:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
immigrants! :curse:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Mix will be wearing the number ten shirt fwiw.

Seems weird to have a player on the bench wear #10. Unless... :surprised:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Lineup is exactly what ives predicted

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, Dempsey is out