Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 448344 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Sorry but eff the notion of using a World Cup to prepare for the future. It's a really hard group. So? Landon gives us a better chance to advance than Green this year. That's what matters.

I don't disagree with you but I will take Green for this and the next 3 world cups over Landon for just this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're willing to just say "eff it" and lie down in Brazil? I would like to get to the knockout stage. I already waited four years for this crap.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
But what do I know? I'm not the head coach. Therefore I'm not allowed to have an absurd opinion like Landon Donovan being better than an 18 year old with no experience whatsoever. This isn't the Goddamn Gold Cup. It means something more than preparing young players for the next ones in four or eight years.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
there's not (m)any I trust more if we're struggling to unlock a defense - would've been nice to have someone you can plug in anywhere in the forward 2/3rds off the bench and just say "go cause havoc"

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
there's not (m)any I trust more if we're struggling to unlock a defense - would've been nice to have someone you can plug in anywhere in the forward 2/3rds off the bench and just say "go cause havoc"

Shut up Tobias. Klinsmann knows best.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would've cut Brad Davis because I don't like him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sorry but eff the notion of using a World Cup to prepare for the future. It's a really hard group. So? Landon gives us a better chance to advance than Green this year. That's what matters.

I don't disagree with you but I will take Green for this and the next 3 world cups over Landon for just this one.

This wasn't some sort of Sophie's Choice between Green and Donovan, at least it didn't have to be. Klinsmann first insisted that Donovan couldn't play wing then decided that the future was more than important than the present.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This wasn't some sort of Sophie's Choice between Green and Donovan, at least it didn't have to be. Klinsmann first insisted that Donovan couldn't play wing then decided that the future was more than important than the present.

Yeah you're probably right. I'm attempting to be a non-douchey Jürgen knows best guy but the more and more I try to convince myself the more and more I fail.

I am with Spacea and before I got on my flight an when I was texting with s_c I wish we would of cut Brad Davis because I don't like him.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
#science

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:horrorsurprise:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's frustrating and annoying and sad. You can absolutely find a single spot for him on this team. There is room for him on just about any team in the entire world, let alone tiny little baby USMNT.

Imagine Brad Davis getting hurt tomorrow or something and Donovan not getting picked as his replacement. It's like Brad Evans or someone. Imagine the outrage then.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
It's frustrating and annoying and sad. You can absolutely find a single spot for him on this team. There is room for him on just about any team in the entire world, let alone tiny little baby USMNT.

Imagine Brad Davis getting hurt tomorrow or something and Donovan not getting picked as his replacement. It's like Brad Evans or someone. Imagine the outrage then.

They wouldn't replace him with Evans cause Evans is a defender for USMNT. LD will be the first one to get a call if a midfielder or forward goes down.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maurice Edu. What if he picked Maurice Edu or like Joe Corona. Just because he wanted to. I'd be even more upset than I am now.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Fabian playing right back in training. Left back would be either Chandler or Beasley.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There is room for him on just about any team in the entire world, let alone tiny little baby USMNT.

He wouldn't make 80% of the WC rosters.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There is room for him on just about any team in the entire world, let alone tiny little baby USMNT.

I disagree with that completely. He makes every North American and Asian team. He is better than most CAF forwards but style of play could be an issue there. He'd also make half of the South American and at least three European sides

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Well he should have made our roster, so I guess you're saying we are in the bottom 20% of the World Cup teams? (We're not)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Fabian playing right back in training. Left back would be either Chandler or Beasley.

Per some guy on twitter, Yedlin and Fabian are playing right back. Chandler and Beasley are playing left back. I'd imagine that means Cameron is at center back.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Based on training, Ives thinks starting lineup will be

Howard; Beasley, Besler, Cameron, Fabian; Jones, Bradley; Bedoya, Dempsey, Zusi; Altidore

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Excited to watch the USMNT tomorrow at Sporting Park  :cheers:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
80% may have been rough but he is nowhere near good enough to make "just about any team"

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

How does this game work? Is it after the SKC game tonight? Before? TIA
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
80% may have been rough but he is nowhere near good enough to make "just about any team"

Yes he is because that phrase is subjective and I decided that he is.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
What would Donovan actually add to this squad? Everything he brings to the table, someone else brings more of, except for being a step behind and a defensive liability.

Absolutely, there are better players than him on the roster. Julian Green is absolutely not one of them. Same thing goes for Goodson. He's much better than Brooks. Anyone arguing for LD to be on the roster is just arguing for there to be the best 23 players going to the World Cup which is only every four years. Honestly, I don't disagree with that.

i always find it funny when people think they know more than a head coach about player talent and ability, especially at Jurgen's level. If he included Green instead of Donovan, it's because he thinks Green provides a greater benefit to the team than Donovan.

For fucks sakes man, you're better than that. What a lame response, this is a message board if you don't want to talk about this stuff then GTFO.

If you're claiming that Donovan only provides goal scoring, I don't agree, then you're calling him a poacher and he's 10x the poacher that Wondo is and I love Wondo. Fact is that either Green or Wondo aren't playing at all and if there will be someone who will have their ass stapled to the bench then why not Landon.

We will never know this, but I'd admit I was wrong if the coaches got an indication that Landon would not be happy as a role player or a no player then I'd be okay with it, he does have a history of not being the best teammate ever.

Did you guys see Klinsmann's son tweet mocking Landon?

didn't seen this until now, but wow is it so wrong on so many levels. try and come to terms with the fact that Donovan isn't what he once was, and that a players legacy doesn't change what he is today. i love how everyone assumes Green will be on the bench, and that Jurgen's family totally hates America. gmafb.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

How does this game work? Is it after the SKC game tonight? Before? TIA

SKC game is at 8. USMNT game is at 9.