Author Topic: I hope KU wins  (Read 12049 times)

The Big Train

Re: I hope KU wins
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2018, 10:37:36 PM »
Forget the fact we act like we have never seen a zone before.  Guess why, just guess guys. 

oscar never prepared for one because he’s a rough ridin' downgrade.

The Big Train

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2018, 10:38:33 PM »
Keep blaming the players guys, seriously keep doing it.  The guys who are cramping who obviously are not giving it all, it’s their fault

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2018, 10:40:30 PM »
we know zone offense (baylor)

we just have headworms against ku and are scaredy-cats of them

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2018, 10:45:44 PM »
I blame Oscar for X not giving up the ball on the fast break to Diarra. No top-drawer coach would put up with that shite. Yeah, the take on dribble and pass it to the guy standing ten feet away zone offense was a tell of Weber's lack of preparation.

The Big Train

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2018, 10:48:03 PM »
I blame Oscar for X not giving up the ball on the fast break to Diarra. No top-drawer coach would put up with that shite. Yeah, the take on dribble and pass it to the guy standing ten feet away zone offense was a tell of Weber's lack of preparation.

This is the kind of oscar apologist downgrade response I crave.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »
Ku was unconscious and TO happy early.
They were 107% eFG, 9 TOs and had 31-16 lead.

The next 14:45 Ku went 2-17 FG with 5 TOs.
We had only cut lead to 42-35. ( I mean 35 pts in 47 effing Possessions)
Svi hits 3 at 13:00 mark to make it 45-35 (this after Stockard fouls Doke on rebound, giving Ku extended possession)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:15:13 PM by Powercat Posse »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
Hey look sometime just overhelped off Svi. Sure we gave up another wide open corner three, but at least they didn't attempt the layup!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2018, 08:26:33 AM »
I just can't meltdown over these games vs lil bro anymore. Just happy there was something on TV on a Monday night.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2018, 08:36:32 AM »
I just can't meltdown over these games vs lil bro anymore. Just happy there was something on TV on a Monday night.

even the meltdown king can't muster up a good meltdown #BID #Apathy

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2018, 08:37:57 AM »
Hey look sometime just overhelped off Svi. Sure we gave up another wide open corner three, but at least they didn't attempt the layup!

Probably the most frustrating thing for me watching that game. I can't believe how many times we helped off the best shooter in the Big 12. That said, Svi has developed into a really, really good player. He's a pro.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »

Probably the most frustrating thing for me watching that game. I can't believe how many times we helped off the best shooter in the Big 12. That said, Svi has developed into a really, really good player. He's a pro.
Good post.  We should have put Diarra on Svi and tell him stay in shorts no matter what.  We would have given up some twos but I'm not even sure about that. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
you guys remember the 2010 home game vs KU (lost 81-79 in OT)? at the end of regulation Dom had a breakaway layup to win the game but tyrel reed stripped him from behind. i had a very painful vivid flashback last night.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2018, 09:16:50 AM »
The KU fans in my office this morning are definitely walking with pep in their step.  They really needed this one.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
I guess at this point we just have to accept that this team is going to average a -10 rebounding differential on a nightly basis.  That's a given for me at this point.  So if that's the case, we need to be great at everything else to compensate -- including shooting at a high level.  The Svi stuff was frustrating last night, but I think our actual defense played fine otherwise -- we turned KU over 16 times.  If you would've told me KU was going to score 70 last night, I would've liked our odds. 

Shooting 32% from the field and 22% (6-27) from three isn't going to be close to getting it done.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2018, 09:22:58 AM »
did not watch the game but was very pleased when the one KU fan at the office came by to talk hoops this morning. he was smiling ear to ear. very happy for him. :love:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2018, 09:47:59 AM »
I guess at this point we just have to accept that this team is going to average a -10 rebounding differential on a nightly basis.  That's a given for me at this point.  So if that's the case, we need to be great at everything else to compensate -- including shooting at a high level.  The Svi stuff was frustrating last night, but I think our actual defense played fine otherwise -- we turned KU over 16 times.  If you would've told me KU was going to score 70 last night, I would've liked our odds. 

Shooting 32% from the field and 22% (6-27) from three isn't going to be close to getting it done.

If there is any game in the history of basketball where it is a really bad idea to look at "total rebounds" as some justifiable measure of true rebounding prowess, this is one of them. Both teams rebounded the ball roughly at the same rate.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2018, 10:06:34 AM »
Screwy game.  FG misses in 1st half were Ksu 26 Ku 6.

Ku only had 1 OR with 16:30 left in 2nd half

They didn't get pts off a OR until 3:19 in the game.
Now there was 2 deadball Rebounds where we fouled on a Ku FG miss (Stockard foul) and a FT miss (Wade foul). They scored on those extended possessions Both times (5 pts)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2018, 10:08:03 AM »

If there is any game in the history of basketball where it is a really bad idea to look at "total rebounds" as some justifiable measure of true rebounding prowess, this is one of them. Both teams rebounded the ball roughly at the same rate.

Both teams are awful at rebounding, which is even more of a reason why both teams need to shoot well to win games.  They won't get many 2nd chance opportunitites. 

I remember the 2nd chance opportunities Frank's teams would get.  Sometimes guys like Curtis Kelley would get his rebound twice before getting it back in the bucket.  Nobody cared as much how well we shot because we would always keep possession and eventually find the hoop.  I miss that.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2018, 10:14:29 AM »

Admittedly, I'm not a statmaster for hoops, so I don't really understand what you mean, but I'll take your word for it.  That said, lastnight's total rebounding differential is pretty consistent with our numbers in conference play.  We've gotten our asses kicked on the boards in every conference game except for 2 (@AFH was the other one).

I think our lack of rebounding (in general) leaves us with next to no room for error for bad shooting nights, last night's game notwithstanding.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »

Admittedly, I'm not a statmaster for hoops, so I don't really understand what you mean, but I'll take your word for it.  That said, lastnight's total rebounding differential is pretty consistent with our numbers in conference play.  We've gotten our asses kicked on the boards in every conference game except for 2 (@AFH was the other one).

I think our lack of rebounding (in general) leaves us with next to no room for error for bad shooting nights, last night's game notwithstanding.

what he means is we didn't have a chance to rebound in the 1st half because ku hit every shot

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »

How good do we really have to be at shooting?  Our season average is over 75 ppg, and KU was giving up something like 70 before last night.  Yeah, KU played good defense and Bill always manages to do something to completely fluster our guys, but last night was still an anomaly.  We sacrifice a strong presence under the rim for guys who can shoot, and it has paid off more often than not.  Also, as I said from the outset, our only chance of making a deep run in the tournament is by shooting well--especially from 3.  I am fine with sticking with that game plan, even if it means we will die by the 3 some games like we did last night.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »

what he means is we didn't have a chance to rebound in the 1st half because ku hit every shot
That and they had 11 turnoovers

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »

That and they had 11 turnoovers

yep. very weird half

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2018, 10:28:32 AM »
Svi is probably going to go down on my top 5 all hate team for KU.  :frown:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2018, 10:36:46 AM »
Ah okay.  Of course.  That makes complete sense. 

How good do we really have to be at shooting?  Our season average is over 75 ppg, and KU was giving up something like 70 before last night.  Yeah, KU played good defense and Bill always manages to do something to completely fluster our guys, but last night was still an anomaly.  We sacrifice a strong presence under the rim for guys who can shoot, and it has paid off more often than not.  Also, as I said from the outset, our only chance of making a deep run in the tournament is by shooting well--especially from 3.  I am fine with sticking with that game plan, even if it means we will die by the 3 some games like we did last night.
I agree.