Author Topic: The trade wars begin  (Read 116019 times)

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Re: The trade wars begin
« Reply #800 on: January 23, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
is the "general tone" of this blog to insinuate a bunch of crap but also be really vague so that you can always point to something else when people call you out on your bullshit? because if so, then yeah, i definitely understand the general tone of the blog.

Speaking of bullshit, I just read anything you type and see bullshit.

Now, if you really need to tell yourself that LibDerp Nation wasn't doubling down and siding with China in this situation then you're absolutely clueless . . . if you can't and couldn't grasp the general belief that China would be relatively unaffected by a "trade war" with the United State as that belief permeated LibDerp Nation, then again, you're clueless.

In reality we've seen a nearly 3 decade low in Chinese GDP growth (as measured in their terms), and a rapid acceleration in Chinese corporate debt defaults etc. etc. etc.

where are the articles dax? where are are these neolibs rallying around china as the trade war "winner"? You create strawmen in your head 24/7/365.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 23, 2019, 12:35:07 PM »
i think you're just mad because i said that you are science-illiterate. it's ok, not everyone is good at science.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 23, 2019, 12:50:35 PM »
is the "general tone" of this blog to insinuate a bunch of crap but also be really vague so that you can always point to something else when people call you out on your bullshit? because if so, then yeah, i definitely understand the general tone of the blog.

Now, if you really need to tell yourself that LibDerp Nation wasn't doubling down and siding with China in this situation then you're absolutely clueless . . . if you can't and couldn't grasp the general belief that China would be relatively unaffected by a "trade war" with the United State as that belief permeated LibDerp Nation, then again, you're clueless.

In reality we've seen a nearly 3 decade low in Chinese GDP growth (as measured in their terms), and a rapid acceleration in Chinese corporate debt defaults etc. etc. etc.

Dax is undefeated in arguments when creating a narrative that he ascribes to his neulous enemies

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 23, 2019, 01:25:49 PM »

where are the articles dax? where are are these neolibs rallying around china as the trade war "winner"? You create strawmen in your head 24/7/365.

I didn't say that "neo-libs" were writing articles rallying around China, I quite clearly discussed the general sentiment.   Again, if you want to believe that the general sentiment in this process from the American Left has been to support the Trump administration and (they) not hope that China gave the Don the ol' what for.    That's fine, that's not reality, but that's fine.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 23, 2019, 01:44:32 PM »
Goodness dax, this is sad even for you.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 23, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »
Imagine this: a person doesn't support invading Iran. Trump invades Iran. Same person says invading Iran is a mistake. Dax cleverly points out that the person wants Iran to win because they can't stand trump. Dax forgets what he's talking about and becomes confused.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 23, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »
More than a million North Vietnam fighters lost their lives in the Vietnam War. We only lost a little less than 60,000. That war must have been a huge success.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 23, 2019, 02:59:37 PM »
I'm saying things like sentiment or feel, and you guys are working with expressly stated opinions. 

Again, if you don't think LibDerp Nation wasn't and isn't prepared to fist pump until they dislocate their shoulders if it appears that Trump is "losing" in this case, then that's certainly your right (and why you always lying?) . . . but that completely counter to the political climate of today.  I can already see the meme's and gifs. 

One of the definitions of sentiment is:  Attitude

Not that hard fellas, but you guys continue to rack your lil brains to try and refute what I'm saying..

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 23, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
Trump IS losing. We're all losing. That's the consequence of the trade war. I'm not happy about it, but I'm also not going to refrain from laughing at Trump for thinking that the trade war wasn't going to hurt us.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 23, 2019, 04:38:26 PM »
Trump IS losing. We're all losing. That's the consequence of the trade war. I'm not happy about it, but I'm also not going to refrain from laughing at Trump for thinking that the trade war wasn't going to hurt us.

I always enjoy playing "things that were never said" with treysolid.

You can laugh all you want trey . . . but it's sad to think that you're just another lib who wanted business as usual with a country that steals our trade secrets, bolsters a regime that wantonly fires missiles over our allies head and has said they're going to nuke us and our allies, that makes illegal claims in violation of international law to territorial waters, and openly says that another sovereign nation state is still part of China, on top of being the world's larges polluter with no real intention of proactively reducing green house gases unless it fits their own very specific industrial needs etc. etc. etc.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: January 23, 2019, 06:33:38 PM »

You can laugh all you want trey . . . but it's sad to think that you're just another lib who wanted business as usual with a country that steals our trade secrets, bolsters a regime that wantonly fires missiles over our allies head and has said they're going to nuke us and our allies, that makes illegal claims in violation of international law to territorial waters, and openly says that another sovereign nation state is still part of China, on top of being the world's larges polluter with no real intention of proactively reducing green house gases unless it fits their own very specific industrial needs etc. etc. etc.

trump said trade wars were "good and easy to win"...sooooo...he did say it...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 23, 2019, 07:05:52 PM »

i think you're just mad because i said that you are science-illiterate. it's ok, not everyone is good at science.

He’s more economic illiterate to be fair

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 24, 2019, 12:12:26 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 24, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »

trump said trade wars were "good and easy to win"...sooooo...he did say it...

Things that were never said by me,  I’ll note that your whole world centers around what Trump says on a go forward basis.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 24, 2019, 12:31:33 PM »
super focused on free trade.

https://twitter.com/marthagimbel/status/1088427010504966144

Most of them can start concentrating on their side gigs they work on, on the governments time (and resources).   

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 24, 2019, 12:54:48 PM »

Most of them can start concentrating on their side gigs they work on, on the governments time (and resources).

I really enjoy the idea that you think most people working at TSA, Department of Homeland Security, the IRS, and the Census Bureau have "side gigs that they work on, on the governments [sic] time (and resources)."
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 24, 2019, 12:57:41 PM »
goddamnit, that was the wrong tweet.  i don't remember where i saw the one i wanted to post either, so eff it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 24, 2019, 01:04:08 PM »

I really enjoy the idea that you think most people working at TSA, Department of Homeland Security, the IRS, and the Census Bureau have "side gigs that they work on, on the governments [sic] time (and resources)."

I’ll turn on sarcasm font just for you next time.  But I also know a lot about rank and file Federal employees. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 24, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »

I’ll turn on sarcasm font just for you next time.  But I also know a lot about rank and file Federal employees.
TIA.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 25, 2019, 08:34:43 PM »

this is the tweet that was supposed to go with my comment.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1087819757427064832

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 29, 2019, 08:07:27 AM »
This almost falls into the"Trump voter suffers the consequences of Trump" category.

https://twitter.com/palafo/status/1090248230795964419

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 29, 2019, 08:13:58 AM »
This almost falls into the"Trump voter suffers the consequences of Trump" category.

https://twitter.com/palafo/status/1090248230795964419

Great headline until you read the bullet points . . . but great headline.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 30, 2019, 11:39:12 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 30, 2019, 02:11:42 PM »
that Walker guy is gonna freak out on twitter.  He has played up this factory forever

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 30, 2019, 02:17:28 PM »
I doubt Walker gives a crap - he's out of politics.