Author Topic: The trade wars begin  (Read 114405 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The trade wars begin
« Reply #775 on: January 21, 2019, 10:28:23 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 21, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »
I’m pretty sure China’s lowest rate of growth in 20+ years is going to occur a lot in the next 20+ years. I’m no economist though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 21, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »
I’m pretty sure China’s lowest rate of growth in 20+ years is going to occur a lot in the next 20+ years. I’m no economist though.

Which runs completely counter to the historical LibDerp/Fake Centrist sentiment that China was "winning".   This of course is another reason why the Chinese saber rattling and geo-strategic rhetoric has ratcheted up as Xi and the Chinese leadership seek to build their internal Bogeyman case to deflect from the performance of their economy.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 21, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »
raise your hand if you think that china's economy tanking is good for the US economy.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 21, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »
War dawg talk!  :Wha:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 23, 2019, 08:28:12 AM »
raise your hand if you think that china's economy tanking is good for the US economy.

But China was going to do all the winning, remember?  Apparently not.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 23, 2019, 08:29:02 AM »

But China was going to do all the winning, remember?  Apparently not.

We are losing. Whatever China does is irrelevant.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 23, 2019, 08:39:15 AM »
China is willing to let half their population die to win a trade war, that's why they are winning and will continue to win until trump caves or there is a new president.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 23, 2019, 09:12:33 AM »
 :lol: :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 23, 2019, 09:40:31 AM »
The goal is now to lose by less than China. That is a new fun goal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 23, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »
The goal is now to lose by less than China. That is a new fun goal.

Who said anything about losing less?  I sure didn't, but resident LibDerp Nation (and you) painted this whole picture that the U.S. didn't stand a chance. 

But keep that post hole digger handy, Steve.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 23, 2019, 09:44:22 AM »
If the goal is to expand the US economy and get China to buy more US goods, we don't seem to be doing very well, dax.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 23, 2019, 09:47:15 AM »
If the goal is to expand the US economy and get China to buy more US goods, we don't seem to be doing very well, dax.

Is this where I need to remind resident LibDerps about their standard "these things take time" go to?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 23, 2019, 10:02:41 AM »
by definition, both parties lose in trade war.  that's why they're stupid.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 23, 2019, 10:05:40 AM »
It's just a shame that people like Sys-Whack-A-Doo and other resident LibDerpiots wanted to see the path continue with business as usual . . . a cheating, monetary manipulating, polluting, regionally hegemonic China . . . A China who bolstered a regime lobbing intercontinental range capable missiles over the heads of our allies in the region.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 23, 2019, 10:29:53 AM »

Which runs completely counter to the historical LibDerp/Fake Centrist sentiment that China was "winning".   This of course is another reason why the Chinese saber rattling and geo-strategic rhetoric has ratcheted up as Xi and the Chinese leadership seek to build their internal Bogeyman case to deflect from the performance of their economy.

I'm sorry, WHAT?

Trump started this trade war because HE said that China was winning and we were losing. Those are some balls you've got to attempt to lie and reinvent that narrative.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 23, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »

Some people just don't understand the difference between velocity and acceleration

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 23, 2019, 10:38:03 AM »

I'm sorry, WHAT?

Trump started this trade war because HE said that China was winning and we were losing. Those are some balls you've got to attempt to lie and reinvent that narrative.

Are you really THAT surprised?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 23, 2019, 10:50:16 AM »

I'm sorry, WHAT?

That was said by LibDerp Nation at the start of the so called trade war, that is the  context of my post.  LibDerp Nation said that China is just going to keep on winning and essentially implied that China would not feel any real sting from a trade war with the United States.

That's a lazy take . . .  as usual.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 23, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »

I'm sorry, WHAT?

That was said by LibDerp Nation at the start of the so called trade war, that is the  context of my post. LibDerp Nation said that China is just going to keep on winning and essentially implied that China would not feel any real sting from a trade war with the United States.

Please dig up some posts for this. I think most people realized (as sys pointed out very recently) that both sides lose in a trade war.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 23, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »

I'm sorry, WHAT?

That was said by LibDerp Nation at the start of the so called trade war, that is the  context of my post. LibDerp Nation said that China is just going to keep on winning and essentially implied that China would not feel any real sting from a trade war with the United States.

Please dig up some posts for this. I think most people realized (as sys pointed out very recently) that both sides lose in a trade war.

If I just say LibDerp Nation, that means the collective, I use "resident" as the qualifier.

But  :lol: at you trying to pretend you don't get the general tone of this blog, I mean just straight up  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 23, 2019, 11:06:04 AM »
And China is willing to withstand a lot more sting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 23, 2019, 11:42:48 AM »
is the "general tone" of this blog to insinuate a bunch of crap but also be really vague so that you can always point to something else when people call you out on your bullshit? because if so, then yeah, i definitely understand the general tone of the blog.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 23, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »
is the "general tone" of this blog to insinuate a bunch of crap but also be really vague so that you can always point to something else when people call you out on your bullshit? because if so, then yeah, i definitely understand the general tone of the blog.

Speaking of bullshit, I just read anything you type and see bullshit.

Now, if you really need to tell yourself that LibDerp Nation wasn't doubling down and siding with China in this situation then you're absolutely clueless . . . if you can't and couldn't grasp the general belief that China would be relatively unaffected by a "trade war" with the United State as that belief permeated LibDerp Nation, then again, you're clueless.

In reality we've seen a nearly 3 decade low in Chinese GDP growth (as measured in their terms), and a rapid acceleration in Chinese corporate debt defaults etc. etc. etc. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 23, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »
 :horrorsurprise: :buh-bye: