Author Topic: The trade wars begin  (Read 117070 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The trade wars begin
« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2018, 10:12:29 PM »
https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/afraid-of-a-major-conflict-the-german-military-is-currently-unavailable-1.508249

“Not deployable for collective defense”, but keep tasting that $100 Billion dollar trade deficit ass America and keep your guys/gals razor sharp while we enjoy another Schnitzel finger and cabbage. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2018, 10:44:09 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2018, 07:15:22 AM »
I don't like it, I think dax can do better
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2018, 08:56:28 AM »
https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/afraid-of-a-major-conflict-the-german-military-is-currently-unavailable-1.508249

“Not deployable for collective defense”, but keep tasting that $100 Billion dollar trade deficit ass America and keep your guys/gals razor sharp while we enjoy another Schnitzel finger and cabbage.
Do you dorks have any idea what America would be like to have a trade surplus? 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2018, 09:10:14 AM »
I think the trade deficit surplus debate is one we should have.  I would like to know what America would look like.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2018, 09:21:50 AM »
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 26, 2018, 09:52:51 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2018, 10:11:23 AM »

Someone is calling for a trade surplus?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2018, 10:12:15 AM »
A much smaller deficit

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 26, 2018, 01:06:08 PM »

What is the right trade deficit number you want?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 26, 2018, 04:05:29 PM »

It's not about a targeted $ number, it's about an even playing field.  How about, no Tariffs at all? 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 26, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »

It's not about a targeted $ number, it's about an even playing field.  How about, no Tariffs at all?
Have you seen the average tarriff % we pay vs other countries? Prob not...doesn't fit narratives.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 26, 2018, 04:54:28 PM »

Have you seen the average tarriff % we pay vs other countries? Prob not...doesn't fit narratives.

In regards to the EU the issue couldn't be any more clear.  In the year of our Flying Spaghetti Monster 2018 is positively absurd to be sitting on the short side of a $100 billion dollar trade deficit (I absolutely get the weight of currency valuations etc. etc.) with the EU  While 3 of the Top 7 economies in the world (in the EU and NATO) cannot roll out a military capable of defending their own country, while we spend hundreds of billions of to protect them.  I can assure you none of the wonks shoving paper around on their desks factor in that cost when saying trade deficits are not bad things.   It's also  :lol: that some of these whackadoo's keep playing down the national security element of being beholden to foreign nations in multiple categories of trade.

You think I keep going back to the past.  Read some of the articles about those who are constantly extolling the absolute mandate of military alliances are good, but who never take into the account the accelerating mission creep of NATO and what those implications can be.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 26, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »
Also, don't forget about those germans that protested nuclear missiles in the 70's. What about them?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 26, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »
This is the first time I've heard of trade deficits having something to do with defense spending.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 26, 2018, 05:08:32 PM »
I read two articles about trade deficits today and I think I just confused myself more.  Apparently we have a big services surplus though. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 26, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »
This is the first time I've heard of trade deficits having something to do with defense spending.

We spend hundreds of billions to protect G7 countries who won't spend enough to field a decent military all the while they are part of a consortium that enjoys a $100 billion dollar trade surplus with the United States.  In the case of one, they just floated Vlad Putin a multi Trillion dollar bone (over the long haul), while showing up at NATO drills with broomsticks for guns, and vans posing as armored troop carriers. 

Not really that hard.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 26, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
Dax wants everyone to have a super huge military so we can make sure to finish Earth properly next WW

We spend hundreds of billions to protect G7 countries who won't spend enough to field a decent military all the while they are part of a consortium that enjoys a $100 billion dollar trade surplus with the United States.  In the case of one, they just floated Vlad Putin a multi Trillion dollar bone (over the long haul), while showing up at NATO drills with broomsticks for guns, and vans posing as armored troop carriers. 

Not really that hard.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 26, 2018, 05:16:46 PM »

In regards to the EU the issue couldn't be any more clear.  In the year of our Flying Spaghetti Monster 2018 is positively absurd to be sitting on the short side of a $100 billion dollar trade deficit (I absolutely get the weight of currency valuations etc. etc.) with the EU  While 3 of the Top 7 economies in the world (in the EU and NATO) cannot roll out a military capable of defending their own country, while we spend hundreds of billions of to protect them.  I can assure you none of the wonks shoving paper around on their desks factor in that cost when saying trade deficits are not bad things.   It's also  that some of these whackadoo's keep playing down the national security element of being beholden to foreign nations in multiple categories of trade.

You think I keep going back to the past.  Read some of the articles about those who are constantly extolling the absolute mandate of military alliances are good, but who never take into the account the accelerating mission creep of NATO and what those implications can be.
I'll take that as a no

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 26, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »
Does dax think the federal government is the one doing the trading?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 26, 2018, 05:24:13 PM »
Dax wants everyone to have a super huge military so we can make sure to finish Earth properly next WW

Not really that hard.

Phil prefers guns over butter for his ‘Merica.   

The New NeoCon:  We need the United States to be world police

The long gone Lib:  We can’t be the world police

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 26, 2018, 05:31:05 PM »

Not really that hard.

This would work better for you if I wanted more military spending...

But kudos spinning this away from trade

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 26, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »

Not really that hard.

This would work better for you if I wanted more military spending...

But kudos spinning this away from trade

Because the two things go hand-in-hand, the EU by % is more protectionist than the United State across the board, and when you factor in the trade they do with the country they want our protection from, the numbers go far askew.   The freaking pipeline doesn't even dump off anything in the former Eastern Bloc countries it passes through.   So not only did our "partner" Germany pump a few Trillion into Vlad's pockets, the pee'd all over several of their other newer NATO "partners".   In the Phil Titola's of the world's mind . . . great deal!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile