Author Topic: Makol Mawien  (Read 96575 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Makol Mawien
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »
I know he isn't any good but my goodness the referees hate that dude. Both first half fouls were bad, the second one was just for boxing out, he didn't even back out just got into position. This is at least the third game I've seen this happen to him.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:50:17 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Makol Mawein
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:56:58 PM »
He always has his hands on the offense though. Maybe if he used his hands less.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:27:38 PM »
I made a point to watch him in the second half because the game was such a blow out, but he is the worst big we've had in the three decades I've watched K-State basketball. He has no instincts and might be afraid. He's never in the right position to rebound and when he is, by just sheer happenstance, he gets beat to the ball every single time.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 10:44:24 PM »
I also hate him, whichever one he is.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 10:55:30 PM »
I made a point to watch him in the second half because the game was such a blow out, but he is the worst big we've had in the three decades I've watched K-State basketball. He has no instincts and might be afraid. He's never in the right position to rebound and when he is, by just sheer happenstance, he gets beat to the ball every single time.

There was a possession where he lost his man 3 times in the paint, fouled him and the OU guy got called for a travel. He fouls on box outs a lot. He is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:32 PM »
george hill and hamilton strickland were both far worse

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:18:34 PM »
8 points and 6 rebounds from the post.  Is this the best combo production for the post since Big 12 play has started?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 11:19:58 PM »
Makes Lou Colon look like Hakeem
:adios:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 11:20:19 PM »

omg.  johnny williams says hello

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 11:28:37 PM »

Bold statement.  You might be right.  It could be, though, that we currently have two that are actually worse than Mawhateverhisnameis.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 11:56:36 PM »
^or four...

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 01:08:52 AM »

I don't remember those guys but I can't imagine they were worse if they played comparable minutes

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 07:26:35 AM »
MIR, do you agree now that Maurice would have been a 10x better option?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 08:01:28 AM »
Mawien was a big big part of the defense we played last night.  His hedges on ball screens and ability to get back to the middle to keep Young from dropping dunks off to their big men was a big key.  Every other team that has played OU has had a stream of dunks from the big men off Young passes.  Mawien was part of the overall team defense that stopped that. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 08:13:30 AM »
Mawien was a big big part of the defense we played last night.  His hedges on ball screens and ability to get back to the middle to keep Young from dropping dunks off to their big men was a big key.  Every other team that has played OU has had a stream of dunks from the big men off Young passes.  Mawien was part of the overall team defense that stopped that. 

He was. At least last night he wasn't a huge liability. He and Stockard at least combined to give us a serviceable 5 for one game. Who know Young would struggle that badly with a hard hedge/double on ball screens.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »

I don't remember those guys but I can't imagine they were worse if they played comparable minutes
hill was pretty terrible but Ham could get on a roll and score in the paint on occasion.  Williams was the classic looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane but he at least looked cooler as hell at football games in rooting on the DoD 1.0 cats in a t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off.

Joe Leonard is the only big that was close to this bad but he could at least give a hard foul

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 09:31:39 AM »

I don't know any of these people, George Hill is the only name I've even heard.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 09:40:21 AM »

He's better than MM but he still isn't any good, Mawein is the only one of the two playing D1 college basketball.

I can't disagree with that assessment at all, it's an astute observation but the dude can't stay on the floor, he played 18 minutes. I think Stockard is much better, he'll improve with more playing time, he had 17 minutes last night.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »

He's better than MM but he still isn't any good, Mawein is the only one of the two playing D1 college basketball.

I can't disagree with that assessment at all, it's an astute observation but the dude can't stay on the floor, he played 18 minutes. I think Stockard is much better, he'll improve with more playing time, he had 17 minutes last night.

We need the Stockard/Mawien two headed monster to give us about 8 and 8 every night. Last night was their best game in Big 12 play by far.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »
We’d be a top 15 team with pervis pasco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 10:11:10 AM »
Think what matt seibrandt could do with this team
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 10:36:10 AM »
We’d be a top 15 team with pervis pasco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truth

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 11:24:16 AM »
people like to act like Pervis Pasco wasn't a really good player. And it's a shame.

Also I don't care how Mawien played defense last night he is garbage. IMO credit goes to the guards and a good plan of attack from oscar.

Also nothing infuriates me more than Wade looking to feed it to Stockard or Mawien in the post and if they get it they try to score. Just awful.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »
people like to act like Pervis Pasco wasn't a really good player. And it's a shame.

Also I don't care how Mawien played defense last night he is garbage. IMO credit goes to the guards and a good plan of attack from oscar.

Also nothing infuriates me more than Wade looking to feed it to Stockard or Mawien in the post and if they get it they try to score. Just awful.

It's amazing how .7 seconds completely changed the perception of a basketball player. I think 98% of people who were actual K-State basketball fans back then know Pervis was a solid player. The problem there aren't very many of us who watched K-State basketball during that time. I will say that his numbers aren't nearly as good as I remembered them to be,  he averaged 11 & 8 over 30 mpg.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »

It's amazing how .7 seconds completely changed the perception of a basketball player. I think 98% of people who were actual K-State basketball fans back then know Pervis was a solid player. The problem there aren't very many of us who watched K-State basketball during that time. I will say that his numbers aren't nearly as good as I remembered them to be,  he averaged 11 & 8 over 30 mpg.

4th best rebounder and 5th best for blocks since 2002. (per 100)