Author Topic: Bill announcement Tuesday?!? HCBS Retirement Thread - Episode 5341  (Read 16899 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bill announcement Tuesday?!? HCBS Retirement Thread - Episode 5341
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2018, 07:19:05 AM »
Was there any significant purpose for this meeting beyond feeding Snyder's ego?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2018, 07:20:12 AM »
I'M COMING BACK! LET'S GET TOGETHER SO YOU CAN WORSHIP ME!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2018, 07:45:33 AM »
To inform the staff he has hired chuck "tac it on" long and denied Hayes request to retire.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2018, 08:14:11 AM »
To inform the staff he has hired chuck "tac it on" long and denied Hayes request to retire.

I got lost in the rumor storm, do we actually know if Chuck Long has been hired?  Likewise, do we actually know of any staff changes / people coming back (other than Dimel leaving)?  It feels like a massive rumor storm with only two nuggets of confirmed truth:  Snyder is back and Dimel is headed to UTEP.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »

Chuck "3rd and" Long is a far better nickname
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »

I got lost in the rumor storm, do we actually know if Chuck Long has been hired?  Likewise, do we actually know of any staff changes / people coming back (other than Dimel leaving)?  It feels like a massive rumor storm with only two nuggets of confirmed truth:  Snyder is back and Dimel is headed to UTEP.

Look we know some things but the reality is we have been told to sit on it until the timing is better.  I'd like to give you more right now but my hands are tied.

Offline kstofer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »
If Big Game Bob wants to relive the magic with Chuck 3rd & Long one more time, I'm good with that.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2018, 09:07:56 AM »
if bill had coaches return from vacation early for some little reason I would tell him to get mumped.

Some of you people are ridiculous.
what do you mean "you people"? and im not saying that is what happened but if it did its horseshit

You honestly think they are getting any more time off than Wed Dec. 27-Tuesday Jan 2? That's a week's vacation. I'm sure they'll get more time off after NSD and spring football.

There's just so much manufactured drama around this, it's ridiculous. People are losing their crap about every message board rumor and any tweet from any athlete has to be that athlete being mad at a coach. It's all a bit much.
i think you misconstrued what i said, i bolded and italicized the portion of my post that way it will make more sense to you. I know people will get phone calls, questions, and whatnot while on vacation, that is nothing new and happens all the time but to have a coach miss seeing his grandkids (as posted below) then yes i stand by my statement and think its horseshit. I mean have some decency and make a phone call "hey tom its bill, i know you are on vacation but i just wanted to let you know that im coming back to coach another year" I dont think that is asking too much from a maniacal man that preaches family constantly

TX and another ITK poster are saying that Hayes is leaning toward retiring, and that he had to cancel a vacation to see his grandchildren.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »
if bill had coaches return from vacation early for some little reason I would tell him to get mumped.

what do you mean "you people"? and im not saying that is what happened but if it did its horseshit

You honestly think they are getting any more time off than Wed Dec. 27-Tuesday Jan 2? That's a week's vacation. I'm sure they'll get more time off after NSD and spring football.

There's just so much manufactured drama around this, it's ridiculous. People are losing their crap about every message board rumor and any tweet from any athlete has to be that athlete being mad at a coach. It's all a bit much.
i think you misconstrued what i said, i bolded and italicized the portion of my post that way it will make more sense to you. I know people will get phone calls, questions, and whatnot while on vacation, that is nothing new and happens all the time but to have a coach miss seeing his grandkids (as posted below) then yes i stand by my statement and think its horseshit. I mean have some decency and make a phone call "hey tom its bill, i know you are on vacation but i just wanted to let you know that im coming back to coach another year" I dont think that is asking too much from a maniacal man that preaches family constantly

TX and another ITK poster are saying that Hayes is leaning toward retiring, and that he had to cancel a vacation to see his grandchildren.

I responded to your post but that was far from the only post I was talking about. Snyder forcing coaches to cancel a vacation, after a week off btw (Did Hayes grandchildren not have to return to school this week like every other kid in America?), shouldn't have dignified a response. But everyone is in such a hurry to have the fun of a one week coaching search, we're all so quick to latch onto every single negative morsel to justify the bloodthirst. To me the way this is being handled by the fans is completely distasteful and not only disregards the last 28 years of this program but takes for granted where the program is now, as if we'll magically become an 11 win program with a coaching change.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2018, 09:54:12 AM »

Look we know some things but the reality is we have been told to sit on it until the timing is better.  I'd like to give you more right now but my hands are tied.

Who woulda guessed WetWillie was Fitz... did not see that one coming...

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2018, 09:58:56 AM »

[you] has been on to me for months, I assumed everyone was.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »

I responded to your post but that was far from the only post I was talking about. Snyder forcing coaches to cancel a vacation, after a week off btw (Did Hayes grandchildren not have to return to school this week like every other kid in America?), shouldn't have dignified a response. But everyone is in such a hurry to have the fun of a one week coaching search, we're all so quick to latch onto every single negative morsel to justify the bloodthirst. To me the way this is being handled by the fans is completely distasteful and not only disregards the last 28 years of this program but takes for granted where the program is now, as if we'll magically become an 11 win program with a coaching change.

I agree with half of this and disagree with half of this. first, my kids are still off from school as is every other kid I know. second, if Snyder originally told hayes or whoever that they could have until the 5th or the 7th or whatever and then went back on that one third of the way through their leave and made them come back just to listen to him say that he's staying, then yeah that is absolutely crappy by Snyder and there are some people saying this is exactly what happened.

whether it did or not, I'm not sure. but if those coaches thought they had until a certain time and then had to cancel their plans, that's poor and super weird management by the guy that is supposed to be in charge. they are adults at the top of their field. you can communicate other ways than by making someone cut a vacation short to come to some room and hear it straight from your face. it's beyond wrong and weird if that's what actually happened.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2018, 10:08:16 AM »

i dont have the details on any of this, my point was and is that if bill made hayes leave or cancel a vacation simply to tell them the staff he is returning (which i assume most coaches knew already) is flat wrong. its a dead period right now, would a text or phone call not make sense there? im firmly on team bill should step aside but im not in the run him off club. he can go out however he wants but the playing games with everyone to fit his own agenda doesnt seem right

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2018, 10:29:07 AM »
Either it's not true that Hays was asked to do something he didn't want to do or it's not true that Hays wants to retire

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »

yeah this is old news frankly

Offline cat.branchman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2018, 10:38:52 AM »

Yep.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »

I agree with half of this and disagree with half of this. first, my kids are still off from school as is every other kid I know. second, if Snyder originally told hayes or whoever that they could have until the 5th or the 7th or whatever and then went back on that one third of the way through their leave and made them come back just to listen to him say that he's staying, then yeah that is absolutely crappy by Snyder and there are some people saying this is exactly what happened.

whether it did or not, I'm not sure. but if those coaches thought they had until a certain time and then had to cancel their plans, that's poor and super weird management by the guy that is supposed to be in charge. they are adults at the top of their field. you can communicate other ways than by making someone cut a vacation short to come to some room and hear it straight from your face. it's beyond wrong and weird if that's what actually happened.

I agree with all of this.
I don't know why I'm giving LHC Bill Snyder the benefit of the doubt on this but I am. He's certainly made his fair share of mistakes from being single minded and myopic but I guess I'm hoping he, nor anyone else, is that much of a monster.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2018, 05:10:50 PM »
Well, I'm just really bothered that K-State and K-State people (for the most part) haven't kissed LHC Bill Snyder's ass enough.

We've barely honored the guy, and he may not be around to coach that much longer.  We need to do something.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »

Dude, I didn't know you existed until minutes ago.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2018, 05:27:43 PM »
You brackets. The gift the keeps on giving.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2018, 06:58:46 PM »

Yes, this is a great trick ????

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2018, 08:21:22 PM »

Yes, this is a great trick
I was definitely bamboozled

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2018, 08:22:58 PM »
Purplehaze I hung out with your parents in Texas a few months ago
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
Am I a running joke? :(
EMAW

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile