Author Topic: Things to Do in Manhattan During the Summer  (Read 17399 times)

yoga-like_abana

Re: Things to Do in Manhattan During the Summer
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »
stunz were you w/ me at the stampede the year they had the thong contest and the wet t-shirt contest?  :driving:
also remember when you were bumpin rap music by the honkys and then peeled out in the tribute  :pbj:

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2010, 03:36:47 PM »

And I don't know if Stampede sucks or not - I've never been so I won't judge.  That said, the people that flock here to go to it certainly suck
It use to be a lot of fun when it wasn't so crowded, there weren't so many cops, & you could actually get into the campsite w/o actually camping or having a ticket. actually the campsite was the #1 reason to go.

stunz

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2010, 03:45:49 PM »
stunz were you w/ me at the stampede the year they had the thong contest and the wet t-shirt contest?  :driving:
also remember when you were bumpin rap music by the honkys and then peeled out in the tribute  :pbj:

omgz

that was such a fun time.  lol josh and seeing those gross girl's boobs.  iirc i couldn't really drink all that well.  gagging after 1 beer.  also saw boobs for the first time.  :eek:

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2010, 03:49:04 PM »

omgz
 lol josh and seeing those gross girl's boobs.
:lol: forgot about that....... "umm I guess you can have a bead"

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 09:14:24 PM »
nail chicks you wouldn't normally nail, hit muscle beach at tuttle, Chase Manhattan pool (old school) and ice bros.

The first one cannot be overstated.  All of the sudden the clicks you ran with are back in KC and you have a whole new batch of gals to swing with.  During the school it is all Chi-o's and tri delts but summer comes around and LSOC is rocking it with AZ's and pi-phis.  totally wild stuff.

Back in the day, that would have been the townies. Summer's usually good for around 30-40 of those.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »
nail chicks you wouldn't normally nail, hit muscle beach at tuttle, Chase Manhattan pool (old school) and ice bros.

The first one cannot be overstated.  All of the sudden the clicks you ran with are back in KC and you have a whole new batch of gals to swing with.  During the school it is all Chi-o's and tri delts but summer comes around and LSOC is rocking it with AZ's and pi-phis.  totally wild stuff.

there's just not a whole lot to do besides drink.
Uh, so?

Your first mistake is deciding to go to Stampede.

Take up mountain biking. There are some cool trails around the area.
Hang out at Pillsbury
Get a boat and hang out at Tuttle
UC pool is fun
Get some friends together, claim you're step brothers and get a family membership at Wildcat Creek for $30/month
this was pretty much my daily routine every summer but include going to class and aggieville.
summertime in the ville is for pounding babes you otherwise wouldn't have pounded (both good and bad ones) and boozing.

also add to the list:  ice bros

yawn

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »
if i could recommend anything, i'd have to say playing drinking games in my basement and watching a little 'moulin rouge' afterwards.

Offline unicornsarecool

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 02:32:20 PM »
if i could recommend anything, i'd have to say playing drinking games in my basement and watching a little 'moulin rouge' afterwards.

I would also like to suggest spending a few moments vomiting out of your basement door.
We're all just trying to make a name for ourselves, here in Wildfrat Country.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »
Helping friends get through painful breakups by drinking heavily is becoming my favorite this summer...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline LHarKSUCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »
I've twice now this summer floated down the river from the highway 24 bridge over the Big Blue to either the St. George boat ramp, or to the boat ramp under the bridge in Wamego... St. George is a single day trip, Wamego tends to require camping on a random sand bar in the middle of the river or somewhere then finishing the float the next morning.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »

:surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

The42Yardstick

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
goEMAW 'Tan Experts:

I will be in the 'Tan on July 4th, but will be leaving at like negative fifteen o'clock in the morning the next day. What should I do to enjoy myself during July 4th in Americatown, America/

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »
I've twice now this summer floated down the river from the highway 24 bridge over the Big Blue to either the St. George boat ramp, or to the boat ramp under the bridge in Wamego... St. George is a single day trip, Wamego tends to require camping on a random sand bar in the middle of the river or somewhere then finishing the float the next morning.
Are you floating on an innertube or in a canoe? Have floated on an innertube down Deep Creek w/ some bros that post on the board. Extremely fun.

goEMAW 'Tan Experts:

I will be in the 'Tan on July 4th, but will be leaving at like negative fifteen o'clock in the morning the next day. What should I do to enjoy myself during July 4th in Americatown, America/
Get drunk and blow crap up?

:dunno:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »
goEMAW 'Tan Experts:

goEMAW's salute to AMERICA podcast? :dunno:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
goEMAW 'Tan Experts:

goEMAW's salute to AMERICA podcast? :dunno:

pm me w/details if this actually happens

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »
goEMAW 'Tan Experts:

If I were you, I would go to Junction City and see if I could find someone to Take Me Home Tonight

http://www.sundownsalute.org/EddieMoney.html

*EDIT* - Nevermind, the 4th is Journey/U2 Trib bands (still could be quite awesome)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:38:36 PM by ChiCat »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2010, 09:49:57 PM »
goEMAW 'Tan Experts:

If I were you, I would go to Junction City and see if I could find someone to Take Me Home Tonight

http://www.sundownsalute.org/EddieMoney.html

*EDIT* - Nevermind, the 4th is Journey/U2 Trib bands (still could be quite awesome)

i'll be at the lake for that weekend. mods, please move to stuff dumb or middle iintelligent type people say.  :frown:

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2010, 10:12:20 PM »
I guess Wamego is supposed to pretty legit, I think the gf is dragging me there....
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »
I guess Wamego is supposed to pretty legit, I think the gf is dragging me there....

See you there. But yeah, an A+ source told me it was the best show in the midwest.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34:42 PM »
Ill be at wamego

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2010, 01:30:44 AM »
campus dg course, ass holes.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline LHarKSUCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2010, 09:52:22 AM »
Are you floating on an innertube or in a canoe? Have floated on an innertube down Deep Creek w/ some bros that post on the board. Extremely fun.

goEMAW 'Tan Experts:

Get drunk and blow crap up?

:dunno:

We borrowed 1 canoe from the rec or whatever to act as a guide, then just tied off 4 or 5 rafts behind it. The canoe also acts as a convenient place to throw your empty cans to help keep our rivers in the pristine condition that they are in.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2010, 05:18:04 PM »

:gocho:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »
Really the only question is should you karaoke once a week or thrice a week?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »
Really the only question is should you karaoke once a week or thrice a week?
Yeah.  Summer is a great time to try some new stuff.

Maybe I'm a good rapper??