Author Topic: Alabama, the "the south" of the south  (Read 84526 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Alabama, the "the south" of the south
« Reply #1050 on: April 14, 2021, 10:20:31 AM »
I also think it's hilarious that MAGA bro, Clay Travis, is calling it out too.

Did you actually read the outkick article?   You don't think it's because Alabama schools regularly beat the $hit out of Tennessee or anything like that?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 14, 2021, 10:21:39 AM »
Louisiana is also super gross as a state but nola and even baton rouge are great
Agreed. It's also why I know how gross all the states are down there. We travel to a lot of "destinations" once I land in Monroe to see my bro.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 14, 2021, 10:22:13 AM »
Ok, dax.

Just tap out now and stop.

You travel to a beautiful beach area in a state and happen to wave at a not-so-nice small coastal city from the Interstate as you go into a tunnel under a bay  and thus you know the state.

:thumbsup:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 14, 2021, 10:22:30 AM »
It's a conspiracy that Alabama is considered the worst state in the union.

Lol, never stop dax, never stop.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 14, 2021, 10:25:14 AM »

Link?

A writer on Outkick who ProgFascists like you hate posts an article of a poll from yougov . . . and ProgFacist.7 rolls with it hard.   Outkick that's owned by a huge UTenn fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 14, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »
Louisiana is also super gross as a state but nola and even baton rouge are great
Agreed. It's also why I know how gross all the states are down there. We travel to a lot of "destinations" once I land in Monroe to see my bro.
Most people who live in LA, MS, and AL travel the crap out of 'nola and Perdido constantly. It's the bright ray of sunshine down there.

It's all good, dax. I've always enjoyed your tuck views about whatever state it is your living in these days. #1cat  :cheers:

Also, I travel a crap load too, because the Midwest is boring and blows at times, but at least I can admit it.  :D

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 14, 2021, 10:26:33 AM »

Link?

A writer on Outkick who ProgFascists like you hate posts an article of a poll from yougov . . . and ProgFacist.7 rolls with it hard.   Outkick that's owned by a huge UTenn fan.

Fake news! It's a conspiracy!

LMFAO
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 14, 2021, 10:27:06 AM »
Also, dax, 91.9 road tripped to broadcast the Auburn game my last year. I saw a crap ton of the state, minus the other coastal drive. Auburn is nice tho!

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 14, 2021, 10:28:30 AM »
I stayed the night in Dothan, AL once.  Peanut Capital of the World.   But I couldn't get a pizza delivered after 10 p.m.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 14, 2021, 10:29:39 AM »
Most people who live in LA, MS, and AL travel the crap out of 'nola and Perdido constantly. It's the bright ray of sunshine down there.

It's all good, dax. I've always enjoyed your tuck views about whatever state it is your living in these days. #1cat  :cheers:

Also, I travel a crap load too, because the Midwest is boring and blows at times, but at least I can admit it.  :D

I've already admitted many times that parts of the South suck, WackyTuck.

You'll also never figure out that some of posts are done knowing that eventually you'll show up (as well as others) to rage out when I make fun of very boring and some cases nasty places.  Also places that do things like elect people like Sam Brownback to 8 years of Governorship.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 14, 2021, 10:31:42 AM »
 :lol: I barely post down here anymore. I guess this is why you like to crap on the Chiefs though, with your fake fandom. Sounds like a good waste of time, bud.  :cheers:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 14, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »
I think LA has nice parts outside of NOLA/Baton Rouge.  I did a bike ride through a bunch of Lafayette 'burbs and enjoyed them.  There were more craft breweries than I thought and some really good local restaurants.  Lafayette itself seemed potentially gross though. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 14, 2021, 11:05:50 AM »
Also, dax, 91.9 road tripped to broadcast the Auburn game my last year. I saw a crap ton of the state, minus the other coastal drive. Auburn is nice tho!

That's the functional equivalent of someone arriving at KCI, renting a car, rolling down I-70 to MHK and immediately concluding that the entire state sucks but MHK was pretty fun.

I've also always appreciated your drunken rage outs whenever anyone says anything mean about:  KC, Royals, Chiefs

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: April 14, 2021, 11:08:09 AM »
I think LA has nice parts outside of NOLA/Baton Rouge.  I did a bike ride through a bunch of Lafayette 'burbs and enjoyed them.  There were more craft breweries than I thought and some really good local restaurants.  Lafayette itself seemed potentially gross though.

The non Slidell parts of the North Shore are pretty interesting and nice.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 14, 2021, 11:13:29 AM »

That's the functional equivalent of someone arriving at KCI, renting a car, rolling down I-70 to MHK and immediately concluding that the entire state sucks but MHK was pretty fun.

I've also always appreciated your drunken rage outs whenever anyone says anything mean about:  KC, Royals, Chiefs
And yet, I seem a bit more emotionally stable than you these days on all matters of life. Sad.  :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 14, 2021, 11:15:35 AM »

And yet, I seem a bit more emotionally stable than you these days on all matters of life. Sad.  :frown:

Thanks Dr. Menninger

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 14, 2021, 11:59:19 AM »
Dax, you should be viewing this poll as excellent news.  If the rest of america things alabama is awful, that will keep people away and cost-of-living low while you can stretch out in what you know is truly paradise.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 14, 2021, 12:01:17 PM »
I don't blame dax for this meltdown. That poll is just devastatingly humiliating.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 14, 2021, 12:04:24 PM »
I don't blame dax for this meltdown. That poll is just devastatingly humiliating.

From what I can gather it is quite the meltdown. I couldn't even imagine getting that crushed for the state that I live in.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 14, 2021, 12:34:27 PM »
Have you guys ever watched Floribama on MTV? It's a guilty pleasure of mine. It's the perfect representation for the hillbilly south and locals around the coastal state line there.  :love:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 14, 2021, 12:55:52 PM »
Dax, you should be viewing this poll as excellent news.  If the rest of america things alabama is awful, that will keep people away and cost-of-living low while you can stretch out in what you know is truly paradise.

The level of out-of-state investment in real estate in BHAM is quite high and they can't build houses fast enough around Huntsville right now.

Anecdotally next door neighbor just moved here from Texas and I made two secondary market audio purchases this past weekend from  West Coast transplants.  Albeit one went to school at Tulane and has ties to the area.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 14, 2021, 12:57:23 PM »
Have you guys ever watched Floribama on MTV? It's a guilty pleasure of mine. It's the perfect representation for the hillbilly south and locals around the coastal state line there.  :love:

:lol: :lol:

Sad to see people fall for completely staged TV shows.

But here we are.   Next up:  Storage Wars is real!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 14, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »
@DaBigTrain

Not only an amazing stalker, but an amazing liar as well.

Sad