Author Topic: Alabama, the "the south" of the south  (Read 84644 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Alabama, the "the south" of the south
« Reply #900 on: February 10, 2020, 11:41:51 AM »
I doubt it dax.

Thanks for stopping in ChinStalker.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #901 on: February 10, 2020, 11:46:53 AM »
np dax

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 10, 2020, 01:24:36 PM »
:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 17, 2020, 08:43:52 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 17, 2020, 09:34:23 AM »
can't be true, even for one of the dumbest states in america

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 17, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »
can't be true, even for one of the dumbest states in america

Missouri . . .right on the heels of Alabama.

Kansas:  Doctors just get assassinated (on top of planning to bomb apartment complexes with people of color)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 17, 2020, 01:44:28 PM »
Keep this up and may catch Louisiana as the absolute biggest/dumbest and poorest crap hole in the union.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/05/alabama-next-to-last-in-us-news-ranking-of-best-and-worst-states.html

this is also funny:  You’ve probably heard some in Alabama say “thank goodness for Mississippi.”

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 17, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »
Yet Alabama and Auburn are approximately 60% out-of-state students, and UAB Med School gets millions more in NIH research funding than KU Med.

Kansas . . . a net exodus state.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 17, 2020, 02:33:29 PM »
Yet Alabama and Auburn are approximately 60% out-of-state students, and UAB Med School gets millions more in NIH research funding than KU Med.

Kansas . . . a net exodus state.

This would explain why Alabama isn't actually the biggest piece of crap but only the second loserville state.  Grats on having some easy to get in schools and a needy med school!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 17, 2020, 02:48:43 PM »
Sadly SlowDug stagnant population growth state Missourian (or is it net exodus state Kansan?) doesn't know how NIH research funding works.

Alabama acceptance rate 53% (K-State: 90%)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 17, 2020, 02:54:48 PM »
Agree that the university of alabama is slightly better than the 2nd absolute failure state it is placed in.  Maybe it should move to some where that success isn't so rare?  Is that unheard of that a good school leave the garbage/spiraling into total crapstown state it is stuck in?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 17, 2020, 02:58:58 PM »
Agree that the university of alabama is slightly better than the 2nd absolute failure state it is placed in.  Maybe it should move to some where that success isn't so rare?  Is that unheard of that a good school leave the garbage/spiraling into total crapstown state it is stuck in?

You seemed pretty enraged by all of this SlowDug, was it the fact that Missouri immediately followed suit on the abortion law or in Kansas (net exodus state) they assassinate abortion doctors?

Missouri, home of two of the largest public school system failures in the United States.  SMDH, sad

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 03:03:01 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 17, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »

You seemed pretty enraged by all of this SlowDug, was it the fact that Missouri immediately followed suit on the abortion law or in Kansas (net exodus state) they assassinate abortion doctors?

Missouri, home of two of the largest public school system failures in the United States.  SMDH, sad

I love my country and when a state is so dependent on my tax dollars, I am disappointed when it and its residents are total failures at everything.  I like to support winners, not the loseriest losers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2019/03/20/how-much-federal-funding-each-state-receives-government/39202299/

Its sad.

Alabama ranked last among the states in the education category. Its other rankings were:

23rd in the state’s fiscal stability

35th in natural environment

38th in infrastructure

45th in economy

45th in opportunity for residents

45th in crime and corrections

46th in healthcare

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 17, 2020, 03:18:39 PM »
The two largest school systems in Missouri only got better because the State and the Feds had to take them over and everybody left thus reducing the student population by nearly 2/3's.

K-State:  Enrollment Decline
MU: Enrollment Decline
KU: Enrollment stagnation

Alabama, Auburn, UAB all time record enrollment.

Missouri 8th worst road infrastructure state in the country, where 1/4 of the roads are rated "poor". 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 17, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »
excellent point.  Have you told the US News that alabama may literally be the worst state in the union by any measurable stat but mizzou sucks and there are pothole in MO?

May be they will revisit the cold hard statistics that place alabama only slightly above haiti but below west virginia?  can't hurt right?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: February 17, 2020, 03:37:23 PM »
excellent point.  Have you told the US News that alabama may literally be the worst state in the union by any measurable stat but mizzou sucks and there are pothole in MO?

May be they will revisit the cold hard statistics that place alabama only slightly above haiti but below west virginia?  can't hurt right?

Nothing says success like two of the biggest failed public school systems in U.S. history.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 17, 2020, 03:43:20 PM »
I love that dax points to a single isolated murder of an abortion doctor as a stain against the state of Kansas. I wonder if Alabama has any objectionable homicides in its history. Hmmm.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 17, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »
Man, Missouri is trash. Pretty hard to believe that Alabama is even significantly worse  :sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 17, 2020, 03:46:04 PM »
I love that dax points to a single isolated murder of an abortion doctor as a stain against the state of Kansas. I wonder if Alabama has any objectionable homicides in its history. Hmmm.

LOL, the implication is that Kansas (comprised of mainly white people) is somehow more enlightened.   A state that re-elected Sam Brownback multiple times, you know, the governor who wanted to allow state employees to opt out of dealing with those gosh darn gay and alternative lifestyle people.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 17, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »

LOL, the implication is that Kansas (comprised of mainly white people) is somehow more enlightened.   A state that re-elected Sam Brownback multiple times, you know, the governor who wanted to allow state employees to opt out of dealing with those gosh darn gay and alternative lifestyle people.
I wonder if Alabama has had any bigot politicians in its history. Hmmm.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 17, 2020, 03:52:43 PM »

You would think something caused it to rank as almost the worst pice of feces that ever was in our union.  Can we take its star off the flag for being home to such losers?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 17, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »

I wonder if Alabama has had any bigot politicians in its history. Hmmm.

Oh that's a given Spracs but you're like a couple of laps down right now.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 17, 2020, 10:43:50 PM »
Imagine being so obsessed with being right and owning the libs that you clown on your own alma mater. Smh.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 17, 2020, 10:58:46 PM »
Imagine being so obsessed with being right and owning the libs that you clown on your own alma mater. Smh.

Just a cold hard factual reality waks.

Maybe a new pres will help.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 18, 2020, 08:48:49 AM »

We only re-elected Brownback one time. Also, it's not like you would have voted against him if you had lived here.