Author Topic: Alabama, the "the south" of the south  (Read 84636 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Alabama, the "the south" of the south
« Reply #775 on: December 21, 2017, 07:46:51 PM »
I think it's fair to say every race has their fair share of racists. It doesn't only go through white peeps.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #776 on: December 21, 2017, 08:24:31 PM »
How about those confused mix breeds?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 21, 2017, 08:26:53 PM »
Chings just outed himself as the mod who kept posting my sig.  :love: I'm sure some of them are racist too.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:33:29 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 21, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »
I've lived in the south, midwest, and the northeast so I feel uniquely qualified to talk about this. The racism in all three places are different and rooted historically. The racism is more overt because the institutional racism is deeply rooted. However, southerners, even racist ones are much more likely to have black people in their circle than others elsewhere. If we completely disregard slavery, southerners older than 50, were alive during Jim Crow. Most people who rightly jumped on Roy Moore for his glorification of slavery likely couldn't remember the last time they ate a meal with a black person.

Midwesterners generally have a "not in my backyard" philosophy. Every single major Midwestern city is segregated. Blacks move in, whites move out. White flight is the midwest. I never had an issue with white people in the midwest until I came home to dinner with daddies little girl. I never had a single relationship with a white female that didn't have very serious pushback. White Midwesterners only know black people through television and that informs the behavior.

Northeast racism takes a couple of different forms. Boston gets a bad rap for racism because it's an immigrant city and a perfect microcosm for race relations in the northeast. Blacks, Italians, Irish, Jews, and other smaller ethnic groups were fighting for the same space during the industrial revolution. In Boston, NYC, and Philadelphia to a lesser extent, the cities became incredibly segregated, but unlike post civil war south, it was by choice and not institutional. These areas remain incredibly segregated and parochial. Boston and the northeast don't have a problem with blacks but an issue with all ethnic groups. In NYC people stick to their Burroughs, which are segregated. In Boston, the Italians have the north end, the Irish have southie, the blacks have roxbury, and the WASPs and Jews have the western suburbs.

I couldn't personally tell you what's going on out west but the treatment of Asians and Latinos is well documented. I read this yesterday about how supposedly woke people in the PNW treated high school kids who dared to take a knee.
https://thinkprogress.org/garfield-take-a-knee-8415e57a7a3e/

No one has the market cornered on racism, this crap is generations deep, err'werr.

Re Boston:  the wasps also have back bay, Brookline, beacon hill and Cambridge but Allston Brighton Somerville are not segregated at all.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 21, 2017, 10:51:04 PM »
I've lived in the south, midwest, and the northeast so I feel uniquely qualified to talk about this. The racism in all three places are different and rooted historically. The racism is more overt because the institutional racism is deeply rooted. However, southerners, even racist ones are much more likely to have black people in their circle than others elsewhere. If we completely disregard slavery, southerners older than 50, were alive during Jim Crow. Most people who rightly jumped on Roy Moore for his glorification of slavery likely couldn't remember the last time they ate a meal with a black person.

Midwesterners generally have a "not in my backyard" philosophy. Every single major Midwestern city is segregated. Blacks move in, whites move out. White flight is the midwest. I never had an issue with white people in the midwest until I came home to dinner with daddies little girl. I never had a single relationship with a white female that didn't have very serious pushback. White Midwesterners only know black people through television and that informs the behavior.

Northeast racism takes a couple of different forms. Boston gets a bad rap for racism because it's an immigrant city and a perfect microcosm for race relations in the northeast. Blacks, Italians, Irish, Jews, and other smaller ethnic groups were fighting for the same space during the industrial revolution. In Boston, NYC, and Philadelphia to a lesser extent, the cities became incredibly segregated, but unlike post civil war south, it was by choice and not institutional. These areas remain incredibly segregated and parochial. Boston and the northeast don't have a problem with blacks but an issue with all ethnic groups. In NYC people stick to their Burroughs, which are segregated. In Boston, the Italians have the north end, the Irish have southie, the blacks have roxbury, and the WASPs and Jews have the western suburbs.

I couldn't personally tell you what's going on out west but the treatment of Asians and Latinos is well documented. I read this yesterday about how supposedly woke people in the PNW treated high school kids who dared to take a knee.
https://thinkprogress.org/garfield-take-a-knee-8415e57a7a3e/

funny you mention it

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/racist-starbucks-customer-korean-student_us_5a3911eae4b0c65287ac3a9a?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

Also anecdotally you see wealthy Chinese getting a lot of blame for the ridiculous housing prices. I was actually just talking to a coworker who grew up in SF at like a magnet school (in the 200's) and had a science teacher that had all the kids with two chinese parents go to one side of the room and become lab partners with someone from the other side of the room because he didn't want the Chinese to be together.

Also San Francisco demolished the Fillmore (aka the Harlem of the West) for "urban renewal" and is squeezing out the few remaining blacks in Bayview/Hunters Point. This is a very good local news report on the history and current issues with the dwindling black population in SF: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/03/08/the-changing-face-of-san-franciscos-bayview-district/

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #781 on: December 28, 2017, 04:38:05 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
The Republican Sec of State of Alabama ostensibly told Roy Moore to get mumped as he certified the results.

Pubs of import turn on their own when it’s appropriate to do so.  Dems obfuscate and circle the wagon to protect their own.

So typical. SMDH.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
certifying a clear election victory. feels good to be on the moral high ground here.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 29, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »
lol @ Pubs claiming political high ground on this less than a month after circling the wagons on a pedophile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 29, 2017, 10:17:10 AM »
certifying a clear election victory. feels good to be on the moral high ground here.

totally turned on their guy who lost a democratic election though.  disgusting

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 02, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »
It's pretty gross how popular it is now for politicians to run on hatred.

Almost makes you miss the days when politicians just ran on fear.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 02, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »
what is genetically conservative?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 02, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
what is genetically conservative?

Being weak and afraid of everything
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 02, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/liberal-or-conservative-it-may-be-down-to-your-genes-10443686.html

That article is unsatisfyingly short and the study seems, well, from the article kinda half baked. Interesting though. I still put more stock in socio-economic experiences than genes, though I am sure genetics can play some sort of role.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 02, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 05, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »
Yep, just like Vermont or Ohio

-dax

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 05, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »
false flag?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 05, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/949389027328880642
Boy, some militant pervs on the warpath for their hero.  Probably doing it cause God told em.  Klanverts, burning houses.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #799 on: January 05, 2018, 05:37:53 PM »
To be real, there are wackycats everywhere.