Author Topic: Alabama, the "the south" of the south  (Read 87432 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Alabama, the "the south" of the south
« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
Thanks for the relevant information dax

If you want to talk Alabama economics.   Try reading the whole thread for a change lib.

SMDH

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2017, 01:58:10 PM »
Wackycat08:kc::dax:the gross south
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »
And there's the National Peanut Festival every year in Dothan Alabama.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2017, 02:00:42 PM »
Wackycat08:kc::dax:the gross south

Missourah!  Just not that impressive.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:14 PM »
Rumors that Franken will resign tomorrow. Maybe Moore will do the same thing after he wins?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2017, 02:25:30 PM »
Rumors that Franken will resign tomorrow. Maybe Moore will do the same thing after he wins?

:lol:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
Here's the difference....

When Al Franken was elected, the voters did not know he did all these horrible things (correct me if I'm wrong)
When Roy Moore is elected, the voters are going to elect him even while knowing what he did.

So, should he really be recalled if they still elected him knowing everything he has done?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2017, 02:45:03 PM »

When Al Franken was elected, the voters did not know he did all these horrible things (correct me if I'm wrong)
When Roy Moore is elected, the voters are going to elect him even while knowing what he did.

So, should he really be recalled if they still elected him knowing everything he has done?
Their claim is they don't believe it...sonwait for him to get charged and then they will change their tune why it okay to keep him in the Senate.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
Dax was pointing out that Alabama while being almost dead last in education and obesity is surprisingly high in nursing off tax dollars.  They are a fat, dumb leech is Dax's point

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »

Their claim is they don't believe it...

that's not accurate. RNC officials are on record saying "even if it's true" it's better than a democrat

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »
Damn. Welp I tried GOP.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

Their claim is they don't believe it...sonwait for him to get charged and then they will change their tune why it okay to keep him in the Senate.

Wait for him to get charged? That's not going to happen. These allegations are from over 30 years ago! Any statute of limitations, civil or criminal, has long since run.

So he's being tried by the media and voters. And that's a good thing from the alleged victims' point of view. But it's not really fair to Moore or our legal system, which has a presumption of innocence and statutes of limitation for a reason.

If he wins, what's the Senate going to do? Refuse to seat him? I don't think it would even be constitutional for the Senate to refuse to honor the Alabama vote. File ethics charges against him - based on claims that have already been decided by the voters and are too old to litigate?

The allegations against are vile and many, but they're too damned old. They also smack of political dirty tricks, waiting for over 30 years to come forth, after the final campaign deadline, despite him being a prominent public figure for decades.

For the record, I suspect at least some of the allegations are true, he's a creep and a nutjob. And I still think he is permitted to serve if he wins.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »

Wait for him to get charged? That's not going to happen. These allegations are from over 30 years ago! Any statute of limitations, civil or criminal, has long since run.

So he's being tried by the media and voters. And that's a good thing from the alleged victims' point of view. But it's not really fair to Moore or our legal system, which has a presumption of innocence and statutes of limitation for a reason.

If he wins, what's the Senate going to do? Refuse to seat him? I don't think it would even be constitutional for the Senate to refuse to honor the Alabama vote.

The allegations against are vile and many, but they're too damned old. They also smack of political dirty tricks, waiting for over 30 years to come forth, after the final campaign deadline, despite him being a prominent public figure for decades.

For the record, I suspect at least some of the allegations are true, he's a creep and a nutjob. And I still think he is permitted to serve if he wins.
That defense is gross... But party over everything right?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2017, 03:09:38 PM »
Of course he's permitted to serve, republicans can't wait to vote for this dude and his little lady gun

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2017, 03:11:39 PM »

If he wins, what's the Senate going to do? Refuse to seat him? I don't think it would even be constitutional for the Senate to refuse to honor the Alabama vote.

What part of the rule of law do you find gross?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »

What part of the rule of law do you find gross?

The rules are the rules. Your acceptance of him because "it happened a long time ago" is gross.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 06, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »
I think KSUW is missing the point that people are not upset because they think Moore should not be allowed to serve.  They are upset because they used to believe that Republicans would not vote for an absolutely terrible person solely because he has an (R) next to his name.  I agree the reality is what it is.  It just sucks.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »
I think that if he gets elected, the voters knew who they were voting for. Unless something else comes out, he shouldn't be recalled.

I also believe he's a creepy piece of crap and people shouldn't vote for him.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
I believe he is a creepy piece of crap, but my #1 reason to not vote for him is that he is a mentally unstable individual who had to be removed from being a judge because he could not uphold the law like he swore to do.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2017, 03:40:43 PM »
The idea of recalling him is silly.  If Alabama votes him in, he should be allowed to serve unless convicted of a crime or shamed into resigning.  It would, however, be a horrific indictment of Alabama and the Republican Party.  The fact that the president and the Republican Party have thrown their full backing behind Moore is disgusting.
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2017, 03:43:23 PM »
Republicans don't even think he did anything wrong, remember Jesus is a product of pedophilia or something

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »
Sorry Libs, your record of flying air cap for Lib Hero/Pillars of the DNC sexual predators speaks for itself.  Meanwhile Pub operatives all over are either pulling support for Moore and even writing checks to his opponents campaign.   McConnel is already on record as saying he'll bring ethics charges against Moore straight out, if he's elected. 

Hell, some Libs were even trying to toss around the race card to protect some of  your in-house pervs.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:26 PM »
Forgot to put "que the lib meltdown' in my post.