Author Topic: Delton VS Skylar  (Read 9451 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Delton VS Skylar
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 10:54:22 PM »
One thing that should be said: Sky has still never started a game, which means he has never had an entire week to prep with the first team.

Looks like that's likely to change this coming week.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 11:01:46 PM »
I sure hope we don't abuse Skylar like we do Ertz and Delton; 4th string probably is not that good. With possibly two concussions in two weeks, Delton may be out for quite awhile.  I honestly cannot believe he was allowed to come back in after his head was nearly knocked off today.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
Delton was clearly the better QB. Skylar holds on to the ball too long.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 07:53:11 AM »
I thought both QB's played well in spite of the shitieness that was our OL yesterday.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 07:56:58 AM »
Skylar holds on to the ball too long.

Along with literally every QB making their first start in our system.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Delton VS Skylar
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 08:00:46 AM »
I don’t like phrasing this in terms of a real QB competition. Delton and Sky are both good, but especially with what we saw yesterday I hate the idea of not seeing Sky again until he’s a senior.

But more importantly, after two concussions in two games Delton needs to seriously think about his future as a KSU QB. If he sees the field against OSU you can bet they’re going to come after him like TTU did.

The Big Train

Delton VS Skylar
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2017, 08:17:23 AM »
I thought both played well and it sucks that Delton got another concussion.  I? would be pretty upset if I finally got a shot and got back to back concussions.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 08:30:07 AM »
Delton was clearly the better QB. Skylar holds on to the ball too long.

I'm not sure we watched the same game.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2017, 08:36:37 AM »
I don’t like phrasing this in terms of a real QB competition. Delton and Sky are both good, but especially with what we saw yesterday I hate the idea of not seeing Sky again until he’s a senior.

But more importantly, after two concussions in two games Delton needs to seriously think about his future as a KSU QB. If he sees the field against OSU you can bet they’re going to come after him like TTU did.

Parents of both QB’s need to threaten transfer if this staff doesn’t quit getting the QB’s killed.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2017, 08:37:47 AM »
I agree. If you don't like the way you are being treated, leave. Pretty simple.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »
His 2nd head hit was on a rollout pass play caused by a dirty ass hit.  That would happen at USC, Baylor, Oregon etc.

Lots of colleges rely on the QB designed run game that maybe you can blame bill for making it popular but you can't blame him for it being used.  It sure isn't just ksu's

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »
There is a pretty finite number of NFL bound 6'4" rocket armed pocket passers available to ksu.  Even more limited is at least 2 5* receivers to go with him

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2017, 09:59:28 AM »
Everyone realizes as soon as Ertz can run without a limp, he's starting, right?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »
Everyone realizes as soon as Ertz can run without a limp, he's starting, right?

he's done for the season

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »
Yesterday did not shuffle the depth chart if that what you mean

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2017, 10:23:10 AM »
His 2nd head hit was on a rollout pass play caused by a dirty ass hit.  That would happen at USC, Baylor, Oregon etc.

Lots of colleges rely on the QB designed run game that maybe you can blame bill for making it popular but you can't blame him for it being used.  It sure isn't just ksu's

There are now two player parents on KSO saying he shouldn't have played yesterday.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
If that is true, Alex should have put on his big boy pants and not suited up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »

You can't possibly think that's how it works. It is up to the coaches and medical staff to protect players from themselves and the culture of football. This is true for pros and it's damn true for amateurs. Football has a culture that doesn't even allow Tom Brady to pull himself with a concussion and you expect a guy who's spent his entire time in college as a back up to pull himself? Come on sdk.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »

You can't possibly think that's how it works. It is up to the coaches and medical staff to protect players from themselves and the culture of football. This is true for pros and it's damn true for amateurs. Football has a culture that doesn't even allow Tom Brady to pull himself with a concussion and you expect a guy who's spent his entire time in college as a back up to pull himself? Come on sdk.
Of course there is pressure for him to play. Of course Bill and KSU benefit from pressuring players to play. That is mumped and I am not a fan of that at all.

Alex, alone, is able to make a decision about his long term health and life. If he believes risking brain injuries (knee injuries for Jesse, etc) by suiting up for QB at KSU is something he wants to do. That is on him. Same is true for Jesse. Same is true for CK. Etc.

Old enough to vote, old enough to die, old enough to decide whether risking injury to play a game is what he wants to do.

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2017, 11:02:57 AM »

Of course there is pressure for him to play. Of course Bill and KSU benefit from pressuring players to play. That is mumped and I am not a fan of that at all.

Alex, alone, is able to make a decision about his long term health and life. If he believes risking brain injuries (knee injuries for Jesse, etc) by suiting up for QB at KSU is something he wants to do. That is on him. Same is true for Jesse. Same is true for CK. Etc.

Old enough to vote, old enough to die, old enough to decide whether risking injury to play a game is what he wants to do.

You should take a lap. You obviously have no understanding of the culture of college football if you think Delton can take himself out for fear of possible injury. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »
delton should be shelved for the year after two concussions in a row. ertz is done. so we're riding with skylar from here on out. don't even know who the 4th string guy is. probably just a RB actually.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
It's about that time of year when we find out that some wide receiver is the most adequate QB of them all.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »
delton should be shelved for the year after two concussions in a row. ertz is done. so we're riding with skylar from here on out. don't even know who the 4th string guy is. probably just a RB actually.

yeah i'm excited to see barnes/pringle qb combo

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2017, 11:51:50 AM »
I agree with all of the complaints about our staff abusing our QB's.  Not only are they expected to throw the ball, but run it too!  And sometimes a lot.  When they run they are getting hit in the head sometimes....inexcusable.  We also need to take a hard look at how this staff is abusing our running backs.  They too are expected to run the ball...sometimes a lot...and they are also getting hit in the head.  Even more inexcusable is the way this staff is using the defensive players, particularly the linebackers (except Kirby) who are often times hitting other players and sometimes hitting them hard!  Kirby is the only player clearly not being asked to sacrifice his body.  He's the only player without a justifiable complaint/lawsuit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2017, 12:13:23 PM »

There are now two player parents on KSO saying he shouldn't have played yesterday.

you mean doctors?