Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 57571 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2017, 06:37:04 PM »
Sean earned it tonight , give him the reigns.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »
i love LHC Bill Snyder
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »
i love LHC Bill Snyder

Me too. I'm happy for him tonight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2017, 07:34:56 PM »
Yep

The Big Train

« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »
I love Bill too but I despise the fact he won’t fire people when they don’t perform.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2017, 10:07:38 PM »
Ok, let's assume Sean gets the job. :dubious:  Who does he bring in as DC and OC?

Klein and Seiler.

I don't think so

Why?  Because of the continuation of the Snyder tree?  Inexperience?

Completely inexperienced, I'd question those two as coordinators at a FCS school, at this point in their careers.

_FAN was also joking, btw.

Mainly joking, yes.

But this is has always been my contention with Sean, ie. what kind of coordinator is going to come work for him knowing his career? Granted, K-State can likely attract better than those 2 because we are a legit P5 conference school, but I don't see the ceiling for who is going to come work for Sean being very high. And the issue is that Sean will need high quality coordinators because from everything I've ever heard, his overall football knowledge simply is not that high.

I wasn't sure if it was joking or not, so I just wanted to find out some clarity.  I can understand the inexperienced argument, but I would also present the same rebuttal when Venables, Stoops, and Leavitt were also inexperienced and started as a GA.

Leavitt started as a GA in Iowa (prior to that, he was a GA in Missouri) before coming to K-State as a LB coach for two years before moving up to the Co-DC position, which he shared with Bob Stoops.

Stoops started as a GA in Iowa as well before coming to K-State as a DB coach for two years before moving up to the Co-DC position as well.

Venables also started as a GA in K-State and moved up to the LB coach for two years before joining Stoops in Oklahoma as a Co-DC.

So what's the difference between those three and compare to Klein and Seiler (in terms of experience-wise at their respective ages/time)?

Klein was a GA/Defensive Quality Coach for two seasons before going to NI for one season as a QB coach then back to K-State for the same position.

Seiler was a GA/Defensive Quality Coach for two seasons as well before being a End coach and then the LB coach this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if those two happen to be future OC/DC at some point in their careers.  I'd like them to at least have that opportunity here in Kansas State, rather than retain Dimel and Hayes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »
Ok, let's assume Sean gets the job. :dubious:  Who does he bring in as DC and OC?

Klein and Seiler.

I don't think so

Completely inexperienced, I'd question those two as coordinators at a FCS school, at this point in their careers.

Mainly joking, yes.

But this is has always been my contention with Sean, ie. what kind of coordinator is going to come work for him knowing his career? Granted, K-State can likely attract better than those 2 because we are a legit P5 conference school, but I don't see the ceiling for who is going to come work for Sean being very high. And the issue is that Sean will need high quality coordinators because from everything I've ever heard, his overall football knowledge simply is not that high.

I wasn't sure if it was joking or not, so I just wanted to find out some clarity.  I can understand the inexperienced argument, but I would also present the same rebuttal when Venables, Stoops, and Leavitt were also inexperienced and started as a GA.

Leavitt started as a GA in Iowa (prior to that, he was a GA in Missouri) before coming to K-State as a LB coach for two years before moving up to the Co-DC position, which he shared with Bob Stoops.

Stoops started as a GA in Iowa as well before coming to K-State as a DB coach for two years before moving up to the Co-DC position as well.

Venables also started as a GA in K-State and moved up to the LB coach for two years before joining Stoops in Oklahoma as a Co-DC.

So what's the difference between those three and compare to Klein and Seiler (in terms of experience-wise at their respective ages/time)?

Klein was a GA/Defensive Quality Coach for two seasons before going to NI for one season as a QB coach then back to K-State for the same position.

Seiler was a GA/Defensive Quality Coach for two seasons as well before being a End coach and then the LB coach this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if those two happen to be future OC/DC at some point in their careers.  I'd like them to at least have that opportunity here in Kansas State, rather than retain Dimel and Hayes.

I'm not saying never, I'm saying not yet. If I were to guess I'd put money on Andre Coleman being the next OC. He's usually the first one who talks to the QBs, remember CK stays in the box. I notice Andre also sticks his head in the running back huddles at times as well.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »

Klein and Seiler.

I don't think so

Mainly joking, yes.

I'm not saying never, I'm saying not yet. If I were to guess I'd put money on Andre Coleman being the next OC. He's usually the first one who talks to the QBs, remember CK stays in the box. I notice Andre also sticks his head in the running back huddles at times as well.

Oh, good point, I almost forgot about Coleman as another option.  I'm good with Coleman as well.  Really, I think at this point, I'll be glad it'll be anyone but Dimel.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »
Mainly Whisker Biscuit but comparing a Sean's ability to assemble a staff with someone that has worked at two big time programs is a joke

He really wasn't comparing them, I think his larger point is SEA Sean has been wildly successful and you guys treat him like he's a GA handling special teams at a Missouri Valley school.

Also I want to take a dive into this Venables thing and his ability to attract top assistants because of his last two jobs.

Who exactly do you guys think he's getting? The next best defensive coach at Clemson is getting his job. The Clemson OC isn't coming here. Whoever Mike Stoops' #2 is at OU is likely someone not closely tied to Brent. None of the so called top assistants aren't leaving OU or Clemson. Like I said already, Sean, Brent, and to a lesser extent the muppet are going to have to build their staffs in a similar way. Leavitt may have a leg up if Taggart leaves.

If Brent is such a sure shot to get heralded coordinators, we should be able to identify some of these people, but we can't because they don't exist.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »
Mainly Whisker Biscuit but comparing a Sean's ability to assemble a staff with someone that has worked at two big time programs is a joke

He really wasn't comparing them, I think his larger point is SEA Sean has been wildly successful and you guys treat him like he's a GA handling special teams at a Missouri Valley school.

Also I want to take a dive into this Venables thing and his ability to attract top assistants because of his last two jobs.

Who exactly do you guys think he's getting? The next best defensive coach at Clemson is getting his job. The Clemson OC isn't coming here. Whoever Mike Stoops' #2 is at OU is likely someone not closely tied to Brent. None of the so called top assistants aren't leaving OU or Clemson. Like I said already, Sean, Brent, and to a lesser extent the muppet are going to have to build their staffs in a similar way. Leavitt may have a leg up if Taggart leaves.

If Brent is such a sure shot to get heralded coordinators, we should be able to identify some of these people, but we can't because they don't exist.
Honestly Brent has been in the business longer (and I mean really in the business) and worked on more places and that alone makes me think he could assemble a better staff than Sean. I don't need to have a staff lined in my head for that to be valid.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2017, 10:54:25 PM »

Honestly Brent has been in the business longer (and I mean really in the business) and worked on more places and that alone makes me think he could assemble a better staff than Sean. I don't need to have a staff lined in my head for that to be valid.

You just repeated _FAN's and Skipper's argument. That particular argument can be made to reason Dana Dimel over Brent, is that what you guys want?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2017, 11:05:16 PM »
I have no idea of Venebles would be a good coach, but I (and all of football) know he is a great recruiter.

I also have no idea if Sean Snyder would be a good coach.

The recruiter argument is THE tangible differentiator between the two. It's worth noting that the head coach won't be needed as the ace recruiter, he's only the closer, but it's safe to assume that Brent knows how to put together a team of recruiters. It seems unfair to put Bill's wack recruiting philosophy on Sean but unfortunately it's all he's known and it isn't rational to think he's going to turn into some 5 star magnet without the anchor of Bill's recruiting philosophy.

My belief is that if Brent asked Sean to be the director of football operations, Sean would do it.  My belief is that Brent would not come work for Sean.

To be fair, Brent isn't working for anyone other head coach in America. Not for Urb because of geography and not for Saban because he burns through assistants and they hate him.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2017, 11:08:56 PM »
:lol:

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/932044509482975232

Yeah, Snyder has to either be senile or lying.  Snyder has been on TV with Brett McMurphy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2017, 11:11:41 PM »

You just repeated _FAN's and Skipper's argument. That particular argument can be made to reason Dana Dimel over Brent, is that what you guys want?

Well I could also mention Brent's rep as an excellent recruiter and national championships at two spots as additional factors but I think you'll continue to make whatever inane argument you've set your sights on regardless.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2017, 11:14:50 PM »

I have no idea of Venebles would be a good coach, but I (and all of football) know he is a great recruiter.

I also have no idea if Sean Snyder would be a good coach.

The recruiter argument is THE tangible differentiator between the two. It's worth noting that the head coach won't be needed as the ace recruiter, he's only the closer, but it's safe to assume that Brent knows how to put together a team of recruiters. It seems unfair to put Bill's wack recruiting philosophy on Sean but unfortunately it's all he's known and it isn't rational to think he's going to turn into some 5 star magnet without the anchor of Bill's recruiting philosophy.

You acknowledged it!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:03 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2017, 11:33:18 PM »
Good because I ain't apologize for crap

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2017, 11:50:13 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2017, 12:11:47 AM »

Yeah, Snyder has to either be senile or lying.  Snyder has been on TV with Brett McMurphy.

You should be a detective
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 19, 2017, 06:43:55 AM »

McMurphy was the first guy who Bill was on the record with in saying he wanted Sean as the next HC.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »
Man, some people just don’t understand how dissing works.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #248 on: November 19, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »
Man, some people just don’t understand how dissing works.
Who are you? Do you even post here?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 19, 2017, 09:51:26 PM »
If goEMAW really wanted to they could figure out who Brent Venables would bring in on staff, with the resources some people on this website have. Brent Venables would have to look toward some good buddies he has had at Clemson or who are up and coming. If Venables wants to have immediate success for his alma mater he would have to bring in a kickass staff. Sean can stay if he likes, but only as a Special teams coach, it's his calling and frankly at this point Bill is off his rocker and I think Gene 'The Mustang' Taylor should be trusted with making a great hire because I believe he has a good idea of who to hire. I do think that ADGT is gonna ride Snyder Senior out as long as he can so that way he can avoid the hiring process
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023