Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 57683 times)

Offline 3gQ@T

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
It now seems more likely that Bill pulls a Bob Stoops. Next August (or some future August), cancer will be back or something else will "pop up" and we will be stuck with Sean as our head coach.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2017, 02:06:44 PM »
Jump in the contract thread where we discuss Snyder's Contract and how there is no financial commitment to Snyd's after January of 18? Coincidence?

after 1/31/18. that doesn't change anything, you'd still have to pay leavitt $3m on 1/1/18 if he wasn't named head coach by then. if mcmurphy just has the wrong date that changes things, but again, he keeps specifying that particular date.

You're right.

Not sure, but my only guess is that was part of the "hand shake deal" to get everyone to commit. And once it would be in a written contract with everyone signing off on having Leavitt as HCIW/Bill step down following the season, it would basically become a buyout or some crap if things change? Forcing everyone to fully commit to the succession plan or don't agree to it? I really don't know.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2017, 02:19:31 PM »
The season is done by 1/1/18 no matter what. (Only game that would take place after would be a national championship appearance. Which would mean Snyder would deserve to stay)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2017, 02:35:30 PM »
yeah, i thought there were more bowl games on or after 1/1/18 but was wrong. there are zero for the big 12. nonetheless, it seems like a huge stretch to commit to that date, especially because it would be currie saying he doesn't think we will make the playoff. and even if we were in a normal bowl game, you'd play the game, travel home, and announce a new coach within the next week. it just doesn't make any sense to me. again, maybe mcmurphy just got/interpreted the wrong date.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
It now seems more likely that Bill pulls a Bob Stoops. Next August (or some future August), cancer will be back or something else will "pop up" and we will be stuck with Sean as our head coach.

Or would Dimel get the nod as HC?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »

Or would Dimel get the nod as HC?

I don't think Dimel and Sean can coexist here if Bill stays

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »
I read the agreement on Topeka-CJ and if that is the agreement in force, I dont see how Bill makes it to next August without an extension.

From the contract posted on CJ, KSA can terminate Bill as coach, without penalty, anytime after 1/14/2018, at which time he then becomes the $250,000 a year man in the Athletic Department.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:47:29 PM by ksuchris2000 »

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2017, 12:03:15 AM »
Ok, let's assume Sean gets the job. :dubious:  Who does he bring in as DC and OC?

Klein and Seiler.

I don't think so

Why?  Because of the continuation of the Snyder tree?  Inexperience?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2017, 01:14:58 AM »
Ok, let's assume Sean gets the job. :dubious:  Who does he bring in as DC and OC?

Klein and Seiler.

I don't think so

Completely inexperienced, I'd question those two as coordinators at a FCS school, at this point in their careers.

_FAN was also joking, btw.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2017, 02:40:03 AM »
good coach. should not be head coach here until he proves himself outside of his father's direction. just my two cents.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
Would it make a difference if Sean had had the same incredible success as an offensive or defensive coordinator that he's had as a special teams coordinator?  There is no way you can make an argument for BV and in the same breath say Sean needs to get a job as a HC somewhere to prove himself.  I'm not advocating for Sean, i'm just playing devils advocate.  His success as a ST coordinator is incredibly impressive.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »

Klein and Seiler.

I don't think so

Completely inexperienced, I'd question those two as coordinators at a FCS school, at this point in their careers.

Mainly joking, yes.

But this is has always been my contention with Sean, ie. what kind of coordinator is going to come work for him knowing his career? Granted, K-State can likely attract better than those 2 because we are a legit P5 conference school, but I don't see the ceiling for who is going to come work for Sean being very high. And the issue is that Sean will need high quality coordinators because from everything I've ever heard, his overall football knowledge simply is not that high.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2017, 03:25:51 PM »
Would it make a difference if Sean had had the same incredible success as an offensive or defensive coordinator that he's had as a special teams coordinator?  There is no way you can make an argument for BV and in the same breath say Sean needs to get a job as a HC somewhere to prove himself.  I'm not advocating for Sean, i'm just playing devils advocate.  His success as a ST coordinator is incredibly impressive.

Thank you!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2017, 03:29:49 PM »

Klein and Seiler.

I don't think so

Mainly joking, yes.

But this is has always been my contention with Sean, ie. what kind of coordinator is going to come work for him knowing his career? Granted, K-State can likely attract better than those 2 because we are a legit P5 conference school, but I don't see the ceiling for who is going to come work for Sean being very high. And the issue is that Sean will need high quality coordinators because from everything I've ever heard, his overall football knowledge simply is not that high.

He's going to face the same challenge that any non head coach will face. It's not like Venables is going to be able to raid the Clemson staff or the Muppet raiding Oregon's staff. Any of these dudes are going to have to find a strong group of group of 5 coordinators or P5 position coaches willing to take a leap of faith.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2017, 03:50:11 PM »
gtfo with a serious comparison between Venables resume and Sean Snyder’s - not being a HC is the only similarity between the two

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
I have no idea of Venebles would be a good coach, but I (and all of football) know he is a great recruiter.

I also have no idea if Sean Snyder would be a good coach.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »
gtfo with a serious comparison between Venables resume and Sean Snyder’s - not being a HC is the only similarity between the two

Who are you talking to?

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »
I have no idea of Venebles would be a good coach, but I (and all of football) know he is a great recruiter.

I also have no idea if Sean Snyder would be a good coach.

I kinda screwed up the question by adding a variable.  My real question is what if Sean Snyder was an OC (or DC) with the same type of success he has had as a ST coordinator.  Wouldn't he be one of the hottest coaching commodities, ala a Lincoln Riley or take your pick of any recent OC or DC that has moved into a high profile head coaching position??

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
Mainly Whisker Biscuit but comparing a Sean's ability to assemble a staff with someone that has worked at two big time programs is a joke

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:00 PM »
My belief is that Brent Venebles has more coaches, AND higher quality coaches, that would work for him than Sean.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:50 PM »
My belief is that if Brent asked Sean to be the director of football operations, Sean would do it.  My belief is that Brent would not come work for Sean.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2017, 04:28:55 PM »
if we deny sean his birthright, i hope ku hires him and he rubs our noses in endless decades of dominance.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »
You think KU would let Sean coach from Manhattan, and just commute?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2017, 04:48:50 PM »
You think KU would let Sean coach from Manhattan, and just commute?

They let Charlie commute from Florida
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
Cheyenne and Sean do know each other.