Author Topic: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?  (Read 10101 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »
sounds like all the hardcore fans are staying in the stadium anyway, so it's not like the guys leaving at half to get beers are probably making much noise anyway, so who cares
Great observation meow meow, I go up at halftime to pee or get food  but I'm back in ten minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:11 AM »
i don't think we'll see in stadium beer sales anytime soon because they don't want a bunch of drunk idiots spilling beer on little kids, which i don't blame them #family. 
Many of the schools that allow beer sales in the stadium have reported a decrease in alcohol related incidents. The belief is that it curbs binge drinking.
This was the case in deed with even the hillbillies in WV.

not sure how that curbs binge drinking, but sell away then.  let's make a boat load of money and give it all to Venzy
Well at $7 or $8 for a simple budlight most would not want to keep spending that money especially in the midwest

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 11:27:12 AM »
i don't think we'll see in stadium beer sales anytime soon because they don't want a bunch of drunk idiots spilling beer on little kids, which i don't blame them #family. 
Many of the schools that allow beer sales in the stadium have reported a decrease in alcohol related incidents. The belief is that it curbs binge drinking.
This was the case in deed with even the hillbillies in WV.

not sure how that curbs binge drinking, but sell away then.  let's make a boat load of money and give it all to Venzy
Well at $7 or $8 for a simple budlight most would not want to keep spending that money especially in the midwest

cat grads tho

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »
I agree with this because the price of a beer in a stadium setting is crazy and it just means that they will find a reasonable stopping point than going out and slamming a 30 pack.

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »
All that I know is the people that I stand with and know are there for the game and not to drink, however I know a lot of people that only go to the games to drink. It's who you are with not what everyone else is doing.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
All that I know is the people that I stand with and know are there for the game and not to drink, however I know a lot of people that only go to the games to drink. It's who you are with not what everyone else is doing.

so insightful greg, looks like that philosophy major is paying off after all

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »
when i go into the game it's because i want to go into the game, and when i leave it's because i want to leave, and if i don't come back in it's because i don't want to come back in, in case anyone was wondering

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2017, 11:57:09 AM »
well fine I'll give my reason. as we get older we start losing touch with buds and peeps from the past.. well the tailgate I go to is a fun place for us all to meet. :armscrossedguy:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2017, 12:02:01 PM »
well fine I'll give my reason. as we get older we start losing touch with buds and peeps from the past.. well the tailgate I go to is a fun place for us all to meet. :armscrossedguy:
If KSU were to start selling beer in the stadium and quit letting people have re-entry do you think it would be better for second half attendance?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »
Also the recruiting thread has a become a freaking mess

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »

tends to happen when you dont recruit

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »
If KSU were to start selling beer in the stadium and quit letting people have re-entry do you think it would be better for second half attendance?

if kstate wants to go full gestapo a lot of people will choose not to attend the games.. It may help for some games but crap show games a lot of people wont gaf and will leave after the first half no matter what.. or will choose to wait to go into the game until the 2nd half

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2017, 12:12:39 PM »

tends to happen when you dont recruit

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »
I can't imagine a life where I walk several hundred yards and wait in line twice just to suck down a piss water BL because I need to keep drinking. The stroll up and down the stairs would more than counteract any buzz.

It's pathetic.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
I agree.. Keep the walls open gregtrump

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2017, 12:32:26 PM »

if kstate wants to go full gestapo a lot of people will choose not to attend the games.. It may help for some games but crap show games a lot of people wont gaf and will leave after the first half no matter what.. or will choose to wait to go into the game until the 2nd half

what is your definition of "a lot" in this conversation?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »
I wouldn't mind a policy that keeps the riff raff out and encourages more elites to attend games.

I can understand a student with the mentality that they need to take advantage of those 20 minutes between halves by running out and downing as many beers as they can (although I never did, and this was during all of the Prince years), but I think the adults should know better.  As MIR said, you have as much time as you want before and after the game. If I could watch the Cats play with a frosty 8-bit in hand I'd never want to leave the stadium.

Catch up with your friends before and after the game.  Make some new ones during.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2017, 12:48:15 PM »
Meh. The "elites" should already be paying for tix then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2017, 12:50:13 PM »
a lot of butthurt taters sad that they tailgate a mile away from the stade with a bunch of dorks

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »
(the people that try to go down a step and sit forward need to learn this)

This used to annoy the crap out of me in my student section days. Why the hell did we stand on the benches, mad dumb.

crowd surfing (what has happened to that?)

1. Women were getting sexually assaulted
2. Too many gaps in the student section :cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2017, 01:05:46 PM »
a lot of butthurt taters sad that they tailgate a mile away from the stade with a bunch of dorks

If you're close, you're probably not coming back late. You also have about 2 hours after the game to tailgate because of the horrific parking lot traffic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2017, 01:13:05 PM »
Wow! I had no idea how much of a super tuck catastrophe is.  :frown:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »
I'm gonna have to recruit some of you guys out at halftime and you'll see

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2017, 02:29:08 PM »
I'm not really one to talk about this probably. If anything, I'm OCD about being at my seat for any and all game action when it comes to K-State FB and BB or Royals. I can't stand missing any of the game unless it's just ridiculously out of control one way or the other.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »
I'm not really one to talk about this probably. If anything, I'm OCD about being at my seat for any and all game action when it comes to K-State FB and BB or Royals. I can't stand missing any of the game unless it's just ridiculously out of control one way or the other.

This.  It's enjoyable not to piss my pants so i sprint to the bathroom and back trying not to miss a snap.  I guess it speaks volumes about someone who thinks slamming a few beers is more fun than watching the cats.  I guess i get it when you're a student but half the rough ridin' stadium is empty because beer.