Author Topic: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?  (Read 10239 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
I'm not really one to talk about this probably. If anything, I'm OCD about being at my seat for any and all game action when it comes to K-State FB and BB or Royals. I can't stand missing any of the game unless it's just ridiculously out of control one way or the other.

This.  It's enjoyable not to piss my pants so i sprint to the bathroom and back trying not to miss a snap.  I guess it speaks volumes about someone who thinks slamming a few beers is more fun than watching the cats.  I guess i get it when you're a student but half the rough ridin' stadium is empty because beer.

I've gone out to the lot like 2 or 3 times in my life (probably around 140 games attended at the Bill) to get a beer. I don't really enjoy walking out, slamming a light beer, trying to slam another walking back in, then barely getting back to my seat to start the second half. That's just me, if you enjoy it do what you want though.

It would be fantastic to grab a Tallgrass brew at the Bill every game though.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »
i'd rather slam a couple millers than drink a $10 strawberry shortcake or keylime pie or blueberry whatever

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2017, 02:54:53 PM »
I'm not really one to talk about this probably. If anything, I'm OCD about being at my seat for any and all game action when it comes to K-State FB and BB or Royals. I can't stand missing any of the game unless it's just ridiculously out of control one way or the other.

This.  It's enjoyable not to piss my pants so i sprint to the bathroom and back trying not to miss a snap.  I guess it speaks volumes about someone who thinks slamming a few beers is more fun than watching the cats.  I guess i get it when you're a student but half the rough ridin' stadium is empty because beer.

I've gone out to the lot like 2 or 3 times in my life (probably around 140 games attended at the Bill) to get a beer. I don't really enjoy walking out, slamming a light beer, trying to slam another walking back in, then barely getting back to my seat to start the second half. That's just me, if you enjoy it do what you want though.

its more of the social aspect for me than the slamming of brews

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2017, 02:56:27 PM »

its more of the social aspect for me than the slamming of brews

this. 

but also the slamming

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2017, 03:00:16 PM »
That's cool. I'm really not that social when I watch games and I would be even less social knowing I was missing action, especially if it's a good game. If you can enjoy it I understand though, I get that I'm kinda a freak.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »
for me the hustling out and back while slamming beers kept the high intensity of a great game going much more than chillaxing to a showtunes medley

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »
That's cool. I'm really not that social when I watch games and I would be even less social knowing I was missing action, especially if it's a good game. If you can enjoy it I understand though, I get that I'm kinda a freak.
we have two TV's for your viewing pleasure!

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2017, 03:14:08 PM »
jesus christ _Fan, you really mumped up this thread.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »
yes, too bad we can't talk about the kid in Iola that will be the next 5 hearts guy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »
 :lol:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2017, 03:29:28 PM »
Wow! I had no idea how much of a super tuck catastrophe is.  :frown:

I definitely fall firmly on the tuck side of the gE spectrum. I was also a student at UT during the 2009 Natty run and was severely disappointed with the stadium/student atmosphere compared to even crappy KSU years, so it does make me sad if we’re starting to lose that magic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:10 PM »
I'm a die hard fan as well, but I get leaving at half on down years or against crappy competition. I've been very fortunate over the past 4 years to be able to sit in the suite, so I haven't had this problem, but if my buds wanted to go, I'd totally go slam one with them at half. Problem is, many of the degenerates just end up staying out there.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2017, 03:49:49 PM »
I'm a die hard fan as well, but I get leaving at half on down years or against crappy competition. I've been very fortunate over the past 4 years to be able to sit in the suite, so I haven't had this problem, but if my buds wanted to go, I'd totally go slam one with them at half. Problem is, many of the degenerates just end up staying out there.
jesus man we know

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »
stfu 'slim you salty b!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »
stfu 'slim you salty b!
hey man post whatever you'd like im just trying to be a friend and alleviate the 2 hours of thinking it takes you to work your brag into a post. like i said we get it, you sit in a suite and thats cool

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
take it easy ksalt, it's wednesday

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »
take it easy ksalt, it's wednesday
im just rough ridin' with fanman, no harm intended...bored at work

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »

This describes me pretty well. Anytime a cats game is on I want to be watching it, and being away from it makes me anxious AF, unless we are smashing or being smashed.

I also don't care to drink before games I go to. I am more than fine w/ tailgating but I can probably count the amount of times I have been drunk at a game on one hand. And all those times I don't recall myself enjoying the experience (this includes a 2010 UCLA game win). I think for me it's the bad mix of anxiety, desire to focus on the game (which being drunk removes pretty much removes any desire for me to focus on anything) that makes me not want to.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »
I go to the games only to have fun.  Not out of a sense of obligation or loyalty to k-state or anything. 

Grabbing a couple bud lights at halftime makes the experience more fun.  If the stadium doesn't look or sound right based in part to my absence, then that's too bad. 

K-State should figure out a way to make inside more fun than outside.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2017, 04:54:52 PM »
I go to the games only to have fun.  Not out of a sense of obligation or loyalty to k-state or anything. 

Grabbing a couple bud lights at halftime makes the experience more fun.  If the stadium doesn't look or sound right based in part to my absence, then that's too bad. 

bingo

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »

I'm sure those that leave at half share your opinion, and that's perfectly fine. It's your right to enjoy the game (or not) however you want so long as you aren't disturbing others.  That said, you've given a perfect definition of "shitty fan".  The game itself isn't more important or "more fun" than chugging a few bud lights.  I wish there were more people who thought the game was more fun than slamming a few beers because i think it would help our team during those important first 5 minutes of the second half.  I'm selfish like that :)

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2017, 05:58:05 PM »
I should add that I went to games for several years with a good friend that would get so mumped up before and during the game that he ended up passed out in my car usually before the end of the 2nd quarter.  He NEVER saw the end of a game. Even during the best years of KSU football this was how he enjoyed the game, and that included road games to the likes of USC and Nebraska.  It's just the way he "enjoyed" his game day.  I didn't think less of him and he's still a good friend....i just wished he would have been a better "fan" for the sake of my Cats.  Everyone has their own idea of the perfect game day.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »

This would be my exact attitude if I wasn’t much of a KSU football fan. And it makes perfect sense for any games where I don’t particularly care about the team or sport. Like if I went to a KSU baseball game I would probably do the exact same thing and I’m sure people who are really into the sport would be pissed/annoyed at me too.

I guess when you get down to it that is what frustrates those of us bitching about the crowd. We just wish the stadium was full of Cats football fans. I know some people buy tickets for other reasons and it is what it is.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »
ITT: alcoholics rationalizing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Stay and cheers or slam some beers?
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2017, 06:43:03 PM »
To be clear, I think most of us realize it’s not logical. Just like it’s not logical for me to make sure I wear a KSU shirt on game days or schedule around game times. But that’s also the charm of the sport.