Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 137634 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #650 on: December 01, 2017, 09:08:23 AM »
Raising my own retirement age to own the libs!  :Woot:  :Woot:

:lol: This might be the most creative rationalization yet!  :thumbs:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 01, 2017, 09:13:53 AM »
Not keeping up with what my political party is plotting to own the libs.  :Woot:  :Woot:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 01, 2017, 10:17:21 AM »
Welp ksuw was right... The president can influence the markets!

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/936629613907890176

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 01, 2017, 10:21:28 AM »
So markets fall on news that Trump might be in trouble (he isn't, btw). Kinda proving my point how much investors love this guy. So, so butthurt.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-tax-bill-picks-up-support-after-delay-over-deficit-fears-1512140345
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 01, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
I'm not 100% certain ksu-dub understands how corporate tax cuts work

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #655 on: December 01, 2017, 10:27:04 AM »
Yeah, I'd say that one backfired pretty hard, phil.

Just red an article that says family of four making six figs saves thousands under both plans.  :Woot:

I'm buying another jet ski! #merica-fuckyeah!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 01, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »
I'm not 100% certain ksu-dub understands how corporate tax cuts work

I for one am stunned that libtard dave opposes everything the pubs do, bc teams and stuff

AMAZE

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 01, 2017, 10:30:32 AM »
Yeah, I'd say that one backfired pretty hard, phil.

Just red an article that says family of four making six figs saves thousands under both plans.  :Woot:

I'm buying another jet ski! #merica-fuckyeah!

Pssshh. That might look like a big tax cut, FSD, but it'll only save you a few hundred dollars in 8 more years if you elect enough of us liberals to office. Also, don't you realize all the reasons why a booming economy and stock market hurt young people? :shakesfist: (Actual arguments ITT).

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 01, 2017, 10:32:47 AM »
Yeah, I've seen the tortured "logic" employed by the brain damaged libtards in oppo to the plans. They'd be far better off just accusing the tax code of homophobic racism.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #659 on: December 01, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
Right now would be a decent time for a market correction for myself.
Yes. I get my six month match in January.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: December 01, 2017, 11:09:45 AM »
There's a big market correction coming? Please PM me the details.  :Wha:

And for what it's worth, I don't think presidents have much impact on the economy at large. But I also think markets are sometimes driven by investor confidence not necessarily tethered to actual economic strength. And we're seeing a huge boost in confidence (and my 401k and other investments).

Boosts in confidence that are not tethered to actual economic strength are why big market corrections happen.

i'd like to be there when ksu-w figures out that the market going up costs him money.

You say a lot of dumb things, but this is one of the dumbest. First, I invest when markets are going up. I invest when markets are going down. I just invest slow and steady. It's called dollar cost averaging. And in the long term, it pays off. Second, I invest for short term (dream fund), medium term (college savings), and long term (retirement) goals, so hoping for a market correction at any particular time frame is a mixed bag at best.

I know you guys are extremely butthurt about the possibility of allowing most people, and especially many of the highest federally taxed people, to keep more of their money (still not a sure thing), but you're really behaving like jerks. Go hop in the tub with Chum over in the Russia thread for a while. Sheesh.

I invest like this.  At least the firm I pay to invest for me should be doing this I assume.  They all have super nice cars

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 01, 2017, 11:11:11 AM »
I just invest in my own happiness
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 01, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
I just invest in my own happiness

:lol: I think your account may be under funded
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 01, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »
I invest when markets are going up. I invest when markets are going down. I just invest slow and steady. It's called dollar cost averaging. And in the long term, it pays off. Second, I invest for short term (dream fund), medium term (college savings), and long term (retirement) goals, so hoping for a market correction at any particular time frame is a mixed bag at best.

you're like 37, 38.  something like that, iirc.  if you're not a net buyer, you're lying about being a hinry.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 01, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
The Senate Bill continues to be tweaked, and it keeps getting better and better. Myrtle says he has the votes and plans to pass later today. High points...

• Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, said “we have the votes” and the Senate will begin voting later today.

• Senator Susan Collins of Maine said she has secured the changes she needs to vote yes. For example, the bill will now include a $10,000 deduction for state and local property taxes.

• Three previous Republican holdouts — Senators Jeff Flake of Arizona, Steve Daines of Montana and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin — threw their support behind the bill.

• An effort by Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee to include future tax increases to offset the deficit impact of the bill appears to have been rejected by Senate leadership. [:woot:]

• Lawmakers are now considering reinstating a modified version of the alternative minimum tax on individuals and on corporations. [It'll be much higher threshold, so don't care]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/us/politics/senate-tax-bill-debate-vote.html

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 01, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »
Is there a way to short the US economy? I can take this to the investing thread.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 01, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »
Is there a way to short the US economy? I can take this to the investing thread.

There's all kinds of ways to do that. Good luck.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #667 on: December 01, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »
@KSU-Wildcats

Given your excitement about the various deals, I take it you aren't one who cares about not increasing the deficit, just less personal tax burden?

These changes will save me quite a bit of $$$, but it seems like an even worse bill than before.
:adios:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #668 on: December 01, 2017, 04:32:30 PM »
Yeah for saving me some coin. Maybe $2500. In-state tuition is $12K. So, we'll need some more savings please. :/

Not happy at all about the continued deficit spending. I just don't see why we need to keep running like this.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 01, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »
Yeah for saving me some coin. Maybe $2500. In-state tuition is $12K. So, we'll need some more savings please. :/

Not happy at all about the continued deficit spending. I just don't see why we need to keep running like this.

Just shows that all these "fiscally conservative" senators claiming to be concerned about the deficit don't actually care about anything but putting more cash in the pockets of rich people.  They may be giant hypocrites, but hey, we're all :kstategrad: anyway, right?   
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 01, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »

Just shows that all these "fiscally conservative" senators claiming to be concerned about the deficit don't actually care about anything but putting more cash in the pockets of rich people.  They may be giant hypocrites, but hey, we're all :kstategrad: anyway, right?

No, it is not hypocritical for fiscal conservatives to support tax cuts and deficit reduction. First, tax cuts can boost economic growth and possibly even increase revenue in the long term. In fact, you'll notice that tax revenue stays at a relatively steady 18-20% of GDP over time no matter the tax rate. We have a spending problem. Second, many fiscal conservatives are already massively overtaxed in comparison to other Americans, so it is no hypocritical to desire to keep a little bit more of their own hard-earned money.

What's annoying, to say the least, is that the GOP is going to take the relatively easy step of cutting taxes but not do a damned thing to cut spending. Just like the Kansas GOP did.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #671 on: December 01, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »

No, it is not hypocritical for fiscal conservatives to support tax cuts and deficit reduction. First, tax cuts can boost economic growth and possibly even increase revenue in the long term. In fact, you'll notice that tax revenue stays at a relatively steady 18-20% of GDP over time no matter the tax rate. We have a spending problem. Second, many fiscal conservatives are already massively overtaxed in comparison to other Americans, so it is no hypocritical to desire to keep a little bit more of their own hard-earned money.

What's annoying, to say the least, is that the GOP is going to take the relatively easy step of cutting taxes but not do a damned thing to cut spending. Just like the Kansas GOP did.
Slow down and read 8man's post again. They don't care about deficits / cutting spending. That's the hypocritical part. They've spent the last eight years trashing dems on deficits and don't do a damn thing about it when in power.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 01, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »
Any of you guys remember when Newsweek was a respected publication? Used to always be in doctors and dentists offices. Had big time respected, reasonable minded columnists like George Will and Robert Samuelson?

And then I guess somebody bought it and turned into some sort of leftwing blog. They've really gone off the deep end lately.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tax-bill-gop-senate-riots-economy-money-wealth-wall-street-728400

When White People Riot: GOP Tax Reform

White people don’t riot. At least that’s the presumption of many white Americans, especially Trump supporters whose easily provoked fears have been fomented by decades of televised civil unrest and the urban wreckage at Ferguson, Baltimore, Los Angeles, and further back, Detroit and Watts.

But there’s a smash-and-grab underway in broad daylight, and it’s not at the Quikmart in Ferguson or Tom's Liquor at Normandie and Florence in L.A. One trillion dollars is about to pass out of the U.S. treasury and into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries of the Trump tax reform plan, according to the official congressional scorekeeper.

We associate looting with televised urban violence, because we can see it. After police in Ferguson, Missouri, left the body of Michael Brown in the street for nine hours, national television networks broke away to rioters burning and looting a Little Caesars, a Prime Beauty Supply, Sam’s Meat Market and other small businesses. The violence cost the town at least $5.7 million, according to local news reports.

After Baltimore cops couldn’t explain why Freddie Gray was tossed into a paddy wagon alive and found dead 20 minutes later in 2015, national television networks broke away and focused on looters and rioters, who ultimately caused between $9 million and $20 million in damages.

The mother of all riots in living memory cost Los Angeles $1 billion in 1992. Every minute of that three-day event was broadcast on live television. Images of black and brown people smashing and grabbing TVs, stereos and tennis shoes are seared into a generation of white suburbanite brains.

The urban riots have two things in common: they involve brown people and they were caught on camera.

When white people riot, it’s different. First, it costs a lot more. Second, it is not televised. When white people smash and grab, they do it from boardrooms, or Senate caucuses.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 01, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »
I don't really care about the debt, but it's pretty great that if anything happens it will be kdubs kids who get mumped so he can own the libs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 01, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »

Slow down and read 8man's post again. They don't care about deficits / cutting spending. That's the hypocritical part. They've spent the last eight years trashing dems on deficits and don't do a damn thing about it when in power.

I don't think that's what he said, but I absolutely agree that is a fair observation for many GOP pols.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:05:09 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »