Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 137620 times)

The Big Train

Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2017, 09:50:18 PM »
A lot of the complaining about losing the student loan interest deduction seems pretty off base. I suspect that for most people who are still encumbered by high student loan debt, the doubling of the standard deduction will more than offset it. Again though, shouldn't be subsidizing all that reckless debt....

You are so out of touch with college expenses as they are right now it’s almost comical.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2017, 09:50:40 PM »
As if we didn't already know, libtards can't do simple math and lap up leftist propoganda
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »
As if we didn't already know, libtards can't do simple math and lap up leftist propoganda

Show your work. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »
A lot of the complaining about losing the student loan interest deduction seems pretty off base. I suspect that for most people who are still encumbered by high student loan debt, the doubling of the standard deduction will more than offset it. Again though, shouldn't be subsidizing all that reckless debt....

You are so out of touch with college expenses as they are right now it’s almost comical.

Student loan interest deduction capped at $2k, so another $6k-12k in std deduction is obviously way better.

Again, ignorant and unable to do math

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »
Several libtards say their taxes are going up, but cannot explain why, bc indoctrinated and can't do math

The Big Train

« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2017, 09:54:58 PM »

Student loan interest deduction capped at $2k, so another $6k-12k in std deduction is obviously way better.

Did you not understand I was commenting on the reckless debt statement again?  Of course not, because you are a mindless drone incapable of processing multiple things at once.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2017, 09:56:18 PM »

Did you not understand I was commenting on the reckless debt statement again?  Of course not, because you are a mindless drone incapable of processing multiple things at once.

Have a cranberry juice

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2017, 09:57:51 PM »
I don't live life like republicans want me to live so I don't get a tax break.....oh well.  Use my tax increase for good please.

its earmarked for crates of AK-47's to send to Syria. that good enough?

The Big Train

« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »

Have a cranberry juice

Take a breathe before you pass out

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2017, 10:03:36 PM »

Have a cranberry juice

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »
KSUW getting a tax increase owns so much.   :lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2017, 10:08:26 PM »
Several libtards say their taxes are going up, but cannot explain why, bc indoctrinated and can't do math

Show your work.  It's simple....even on a POSTCARD...you should be able to easily post your tax break.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »
Well Phil, all the tax brackets are better, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2017, 10:46:38 PM »
I've said this before obviously, but tax brackets are literally the very least complicated thing about taxes. we need more not less.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2017, 10:47:50 PM »
OT tax advice super thread: can I write off (or deduct or whatever) tax penalties as a business expense?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2017, 10:49:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/926292150417022976

do the defenders of shareholder capitalism realize they are pawns for the globalists?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2017, 11:02:39 PM »
The plan looks like it is going to simplify taxes, it doesn’t appear to have much effect for individuals, (not surprised), it’s focus is reviving the American economy and when that happens we all benefit.  Good work Mr. President.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2017, 11:07:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/926292150417022976

do the defenders of shareholder capitalism realize they are pawns for the globalists?

That tweet is lollz levels of non sequiter and wgaf

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:06 PM »
OT tax advice super thread: can I write off (or deduct or whatever) tax penalties as a business expense?
No

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2017, 12:00:45 AM »
3 stupidest things.

1.  25% pass throughs.  i mean, jfc.
2.  not figuring out how to fund corporate tax cuts.  hey idiots, cut corporate to 0% and fund it 100% by raising the rates on dividends and cap gains.
3.  estate tax.

i think 1 will get fixed/changed and 3 is just in as a negotiating tactic, tho, so maybe only #2 is super dumb.

raising the standard deduction is a really good idea, they should have doubled down on that one and gotten rid of more of the deductions/credits/etc.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2017, 07:10:52 AM »
Well Phil, all the tax brackets are better, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.
Are you really this simple?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2017, 07:20:35 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2017, 08:22:57 AM »
Yea. Honestly I think they got that part way wrong. If anything the child tax credit should be eliminated in favor of an adoption credit. I also have a hard time believing it helps the deficit THAT much.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »
Children are really expensive, and important, so I favor a generous deduction for children. One way to make the tax code much fairer would to decrease the child tax credit and restore a portion of the dependent personal exemptions.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.