Author Topic: Sky's the Limit  (Read 79982 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sky's the Limit
« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »
Now is not the time to get a rational post from a true Cats fan. I can’t wait to see what Sky looks like with a full offseason and some swagger. I hope the bowl game just stokes my hopes instead of crushing them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »
Watching him move up and side to side in the pocket is beautiful.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »
Now is not the time to get a rational post from a true Cats fan. I can’t wait to see what Sky looks like with a full offseason and some swagger. I hope the bowl game just stokes my hopes instead of crushing them.

He finished the season like my all time guy Sisco did. We better get rid of the QB run game and use our 17,000 running backs or he's gonna face a similar ending fate.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »

He finished the season like my all time guy Sisco did. We better get rid of the QB run game and use our 17,000 running backs or he's gonna face a similar ending fate.

I guess we could abandon our offensive identity and start anew.  Why not?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »
100% truth from MIR. Let’s build an offense around the RS Freshman. This could be a great moment in Cats history.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2017, 10:14:27 PM »
PS - I am not being sarcastic at all. If Dimel is not up to the task he should be gone. I don’t care if this is Snyder’s last it second to last or whatever year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »

I guess we could abandon our offensive identity and start anew.  Why not?

We're gonna have to. Just watched the KSO postgame and Thompson said he's been hurt the last two games. They're going to ruin him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2017, 10:45:53 PM »
At least move more toward the Waters version. Shouldn't be that hard.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2017, 10:49:42 PM »

His pocket presence is just ungodly for a RS FR for a K-State QB.  Most RS FR/FR QB's would typically would look at the defender and not look down the field.  Plus he feels pressure, he steps up, and makes the throw.

That's the kind of stuff you just can't teach.  You either have it or you don't.

You can absolutely teach that kind of stuff. I don't think our coaches are good at it, but it can be done.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2017, 10:58:22 PM »
Pringle ran a slant on the last play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2017, 05:23:00 AM »
“I am not scared. I am fearless of the moment. When all eyes are on me, I don’t think about it. I almost invite that, because I love being in the moment and having everybody looking at me to make a play and to win the game … I never doubted it once. I never doubt us until the clock hits zero.”

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2017, 05:04:10 PM »

The waters version still had him running it 154 times in 2014, good enough for 7th in the Big12 in rushing attempts.  :frown:

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2017, 06:51:16 PM »

The waters version still had him running it 154 times in 2014, good enough for 7th in the Big12 in rushing attempts.  :frown:

They need to move to the Chad May version. May was slow, but ran some here and there for a wrinkle. Good running back. Threw it all over the place. That was fun.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »
We are going to QB run, but I'd like to see 5-8 called QB runs per game.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »
all 3 of the rbs averaged 5 yards a carry. need to give them the ball more.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »
We are going to QB run, but I'd like to see 5-8 called QB runs per game.

Yeah, less that 10 at least. Also maybe out of the bootleg since he's already good at moving to the side.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2017, 12:04:35 AM »

he really didn't. how many last second, clutch drives did sisco lead? ertz is a good dude, but we didn't put him in a position to succeed, and his body gave out on him, and he actually wasn't that good. it wasn't his fault, but sky is better and i don't think respecting ertz and his efforts and thinking sky is better are mutually exclusive thoughts to have. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2017, 02:01:49 AM »

he really didn't. how many last second, clutch drives did sisco lead? ertz is a good dude, but we didn't put him in a position to succeed, and his body gave out on him, and he actually wasn't that good. it wasn't his fault, but sky is better and i don't think respecting ertz and his efforts and thinking sky is better are mutually exclusive thoughts to have.

I was referring to last season, we didn't have fourth quarter comebacks because we kicked the crap out of everyone to finish last season.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2017, 05:43:49 AM »
We played teams who were ready for Holiday Break going down the stretch last year.   

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »
This year in winning 4 of our last 5, we beat 1-11 KU, 6-6 Tech, 9-3 OSU, and 7-5 ISU.

Last year in winning 5 of our last 6, we beat 5-7 UT, 3-9 ISU, 6-6 Baylor, 2-10 KU, 6-6 TCU.

Last year's team finished with a worse offense and special teams, but better defense.

Thompson impacted each of this year's last 3 wins over bowl teams in dramatic fashion.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 28, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »
This year in winning 4 of our last 5, we beat 1-11 KU, 6-6 Tech, 9-3 OSU, and 7-5 ISU.

Last year in winning 5 of our last 6, we beat 5-7 UT, 3-9 ISU, 6-6 Baylor, 2-10 KU, 6-6 TCU.

Last year's team finished with a worse offense and special teams, but better defense.

Thompson impacted each of this year's last 3 wins over bowl teams in dramatic fashion.

This stat seems crazy to me.  Maybe the Vandy/TCU/ISU games have skewed my perception.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2017, 09:05:38 AM »

This stat seems crazy to me.  Maybe the Vandy/TCU/ISU games have skewed my perception.

Oops, I typed that wrong.

It should say last year had a better offense (by about 20 teams in the rating), better defense (by about 20) and worse special teams (by about 30).

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2017, 09:47:18 AM »
Love the ability to keep play alive, but IMO, also needs to realize when to throw it away. Seems there was an few times where he took a sack or ran for a yard when the best option was to get rid of it. Sure this will come with experience.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »

total points scored in regulation (including def and ST scores) with each opponent's defense ranking listed:

55 vs #113 charlotte
45 vs #43 osu
35 vs #51 ttu
35 vs #47 ou
33 vs #111 baylor
30 vs #112 ku
27 vs #9 ut
23 vs #95 wvu
20 vs #23 isu
7 vs #78 vandy
6 vs #3 tcu

this doesn't tell the whole story but obviously west virginia and vanderbilt jump out as hugely disappointing scoring performances

these were the scoring totals vandy gave up in SEC play (avert your eyes if you are squeamish):