Author Topic: Sky's the Limit  (Read 80004 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sky's the Limit
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »
Dtyme is a tapatalk'r

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »
We desperately need a QB we can trust to throw the ball and receivers who can catch. Really not sure what to expect from Delton, but I'm excited for the game regardless. That's something I just can't help about Cats football.

That said, to stay on topic I seriously hope we get away from the Hubener school of thought and put in Sky if Delton is not settling down and making good throws after the next game or two.

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »
Dtyme is a tapatalk'r

Bingo. 

He trippin' so much, fans gonna begin to think he done fell off!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »
Haha, he threw the ball well tonight.  Actually went thru his reads.  And didn’t throw it anywhere that it would have had a chance of getting picked.  Jesse however. 

GTFO, look dude I've already said I think Ertz should sit until he's healed but get the hell outta here if anyone in this wide wide world is confident that Delton could have went 12-18, 224 and 2 TDs. He threw the ball fine, damn you guys are ridiculous.

12-18 thanks to Dalton Gruntley.  One handed catch?  And I’m not saying Jesse didn’t throw the ball well, especially knowing that he is hurt more than a lot of you know, but Delton did not throw he ball that poorly at all.  His worst throw was his 23 yard completion.  And Jesse’s throws are just as much to blame on Dimel as they are him.  He ran a play action on the one that was picked?  Fire Dimel.  He is beyond horrible. 

you wanna expand on that or should i just call ertz an bad person now for being selfish and rough ridin' our team?

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 12:41:05 PM »
Haha, he threw the ball well tonight.  Actually went thru his reads.  And didn’t throw it anywhere that it would have had a chance of getting picked.  Jesse however. 

GTFO, look dude I've already said I think Ertz should sit until he's healed but get the hell outta here if anyone in this wide wide world is confident that Delton could have went 12-18, 224 and 2 TDs. He threw the ball fine, damn you guys are ridiculous.

12-18 thanks to Dalton Gruntley.  One handed catch?  And I’m not saying Jesse didn’t throw the ball well, especially knowing that he is hurt more than a lot of you know, but Delton did not throw he ball that poorly at all.  His worst throw was his 23 yard completion.  And Jesse’s throws are just as much to blame on Dimel as they are him.  He ran a play action on the one that was picked?  Fire Dimel.  He is beyond horrible. 

you wanna expand on that or should i just call ertz an bad person now for being selfish and rough ridin' our team?

Well, he was hurt going into the game and they planned on splitting snaps with Alex to help him out.  In no way is Jesse a bad person nor being selfish, in fact quite the opposite.  He has played thru a lot and as hard as anyone on the team or in the country.  Couldn’t have more bad luck with injuries and the way his playing career has gone, but he still gives his all. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 12:48:17 PM »
yeah, the coaches need to decide if a 75% sisco is > 100% delton...you can't put that on ertz

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 12:55:17 PM »
or just say im hurt and need to heal, i get being competitive and wanting to play but we need him healthy. im not saying its all on him but players cover up injuries all the time and our training staff and jesse need to get on the same page.

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
yeah, the coaches need to decide if a 75% sisco is > 100% delton...you can't put that on ertz

Coaches don’t need to decide anymore.  See slackcats post earlier in this thread.  Only difference is 4-6 weeks, not 2-3. 

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
I mean, how great would it be for a good QB (who as far as I can tell should really be the #2) to get a solid 3 years of experience with the offense?
It would be really great, if it were possible.  No one can make it through a season much less 3 without being injured. 

gonna get out anyway so...........Jesse will get surgery this week on his knee......meniscus tear. Hopefully 2-3 weeks out but I wouldn't bet on that. Should be ready by end of season or bowl game in my opinion. Delton will be the starter going forward. Jesse is a warrior I know he will rehab like hell to get back and lead his team.

d-tyme right again.

Gracias, wish it wasn’t for the reasons it is for.  Hope Jesse makes it back and shines when he does.  He deserves it. 

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »
It truly is Delton-tyme.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »

Holy hell, it's going to be tough for anyone to have a worse hot take than this one, the rest of the week.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 01:11:08 PM »
or just say im hurt and need to heal, i get being competitive and wanting to play but we need him healthy. im not saying its all on him but players cover up injuries all the time and our training staff and jesse need to get on the same page.

I get this, but I'm with the bold part. No good, competitive player is going to think they can't go unless its a major injury. If it really is a meniscus tear, then the pain is odd depending on the cut and the motion. And after watching Ertz trip on his own on that cut, the meniscus tear makes complete sense, especially with how quickly they pulled him.

The biggest mistake was putting him back out there on the last drive. I'm sure he probably doesn't feel much pain on it throwing and he and the staff thought he would give them the better option, but if you already pulled him and after Delton's success, I leave Delton on the field.

This entire thing stinks for Ertz. BTW, I don't pin a meniscus tear as much on the system/staff/QB battering ram. Its more of a freak deal combining an odd plant/cut with wear and tear from use over time.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 01:13:43 PM »

If he were covering up his injury, the staff wouldn't have been getting Delton ready to play all week.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »

Holy hell, it's going to be tough for anyone to have a worse hot take than this one, the rest of the week.
werent you just bitching about having opinions on here just yesterday? am i not entitled to mine? you dont have to answer either because i really dont give a crap

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »

I get this, but I'm with the bold part. No good, competitive player is going to think they can't go unless its a major injury. If it really is a meniscus tear, then the pain is odd depending on the cut and the motion. And after watching Ertz trip on his own on that cut, the meniscus tear makes complete sense, especially with how quickly they pulled him.

The biggest mistake was putting him back out there on the last drive. I'm sure he probably doesn't feel much pain on it throwing and he and the staff thought he would give them the better option, but if you already pulled him and after Delton's success, I leave Delton on the field.

This entire thing stinks for Ertz. BTW, I don't pin a meniscus tear as much on the system/staff/QB battering ram. Its more of a freak deal combining an odd plant/cut with wear and tear from use over time.
yeah what you said was worded better than my post, but the second half of the baylor game it was obvious something was wrong

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 02:13:58 PM »
yeah what you said was worded better than my post, but the second half of the baylor game it was obvious something was wrong

True. I just know from experience, meniscus tears can be weird. A lot of it is just how much pain a guy can put up with until it can get fully repaired, but then once in a while they will sort of lock up, which is what I think happened when Ertz fell weirdly.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »

werent you just bitching about having opinions on here just yesterday? am i not entitled to mine? you dont have to answer either because i really dont give a crap

1. Nope, that was skinben.
2. chill

Calling the dude selfish and an bad person for attempting to play hurt is completely contrary to what football players, especially quarterbacks are taught. Clearly the trainers and the coaches thought he was healthy enough to play, what do you think happens if he declined to play on that circumstance?

It's also worth noting that Delton didn't come in until Sisco's leg gave out on that run and he collapsed when he had 5-10 more yards to gain. They knew how hurt he was and attempted to play him every snap. In football culture the trainers and coaches have to protect the players from the culture they created.

At what point are we going to listen to the several coach/trainer complaints this staff has had?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 02:17:50 PM »

True. I just know from experience, meniscus tears can be weird. A lot of it is just how much pain a guy can put up with until it can get fully repaired, but then once in a while they will sort of lock up, which is what I think happened when Ertz fell weirdly.

I lost part of my meniscus in my left knee. I tore it but didn't have surgery right away, just continued to play on it. I developed a lot of scar tissue that had to be cut with the part of the meniscus around it.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »

I lost part of my meniscus in my left knee. I tore it but didn't have surgery right away, just continued to play on it. I developed a lot of scar tissue that had to be cut with the part of the meniscus around it.
sarcastic mister know it all

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »
Some of the decisions this staff makes regarding playing players with injuries should be NCAA violations, imo.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
Team Sky

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »

1. Nope, that was skinben.-sorry but it was two days ago,
What the hell does this mean, should I not have a differing opinion? It's a discussion board, stop being weird.
2. chill-gotcha

Calling the dude selfish and an bad person for attempting to play hurt is completely contrary to what football players, especially quarterbacks are taught. Clearly the trainers and the coaches thought he was healthy enough to play, what do you think happens if he declined to play on that circumstance? -I asked for more clarification first and never actually called him those things, i read it as he is hiding the severity of the injury. I played sports and know you do everything you can to stay on the field, i also know there is a price to pay if you stretch your limitations and its not like guys havent lost their job due to injuries at ksu 

It's also worth noting that Delton didn't come in until Sisco's leg gave out on that run and he collapsed when he had 5-10 more yards to gain. They knew how hurt he was and attempted to play him every snap. In football culture the trainers and coaches have to protect the players from the culture they created.- he was fainting goat/rolling around head first the whole 2nd half so something was obviously wrong and i think when he went down like you said it actually snapped. (not a doctor but that is what it looked like)

At what point are we going to listen to the several coach/trainer complaints this staff has had?-im done listening to, well, 1 coach because he is the only one that speaks until ya know he actually starts coaching again and if you dont think he has lost it this year you are blind. he is a talking puppet at this point and the mistakes by this staff are mounting.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »
Feel bad for Jesse.  I don't think there is any doubt about his toughness or desire to play.

I wonder if this would help his petition for a 6th year.

I also wonder if his body is telling him he shouldn't keep playing.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 03:53:15 PM »
Feel bad for Jesse.  I don't think there is any doubt about his toughness or desire to play.

I wonder if this would help his petition for a 6th year.

I also wonder if his body is telling him he shouldn't keep playing.

there is no doubt this is def gonna help his petition, will he be eligible to get that medical red shirt?  or gray shirt?  regular red shirt?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
Of course he's masking the extent of his injuries, this program and this sport requires him to, that's the point slim.  Do you think Dalton Risner feels great playing on two sprained ankles? Pringle must have injured one of his eyes or something, he's playing.

You cannot place one tiny bit of blame on a player trying to play through pain. By the way, the fans require players to do it too.