Author Topic: Anyone Wanna Take Bets On Who Is Going To Jail Today?  (Read 57754 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Wanna Take Bets On Who Is Going To Jail Today?
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2017, 10:19:22 AM »
Probably luked but Louisville shitcanned their AD this morning.   Rick probably next.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 10:44:42 AM »
And down goes Rick Pitino...per ESPN.
Dax fan club member!

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 10:49:10 AM »
come home, Rick.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
Confidence rising that oscar is going to win the whole goddamn thing this year!  :excited:

Akron Zips
Arkansas State Red Wolves
Baylor Bears (basketball) lol obvi
Bowling Green Falcons
Brown Bears
Bucknell Bison
Central Michigan Chippewas
Cincinnati Bearcats
Denver Pioneers
Duquesne Dukes
Durham College
Drake Bulldogs
Eastern Michigan Eagles
FAU Owls
FIU Golden Panthers
Franciscan University of Steubenville
Georgia State Panthers
Grand Valley Lakers
High Point University
Howard Payne University
Indiana Hoosiers
Kansas Jayhawks- Soon to come
Lindenwood Lions[2]
Louisville Cardinals
Jacksonville State Gamecocks
Loyola Marymount Lions
Lyndon State College
Maine Black Bears
Mercer University
Miami (OH)
Michigan Wolverines
Milwaukee Panthers
Mississippi State Bulldogs
Mount Olive College
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks
NMSU Aggies
NC State Wolfpack
Northern Illinois Huskies
Northwestern Wildcats (ending in 2012)[3]
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
University of Ontario Institute of Technology Ridgebacks
Saint Mary's Gaels
SIU Edwardsville Cougars
SMU Mustangs
Tennessee Volunteers
Texas A&M Aggies
Troy Trojans
UC Davis Aggies
UCLA Bruins
UIC Flames
ULM Warhawks
UMass Minutemen
Utah Valley Wolverines
Weber State Wildcats
Western Michigan Broncos
Wisconsin Badger- can't rough ridin' wait!

Not listed, Miami must have just got a new contract.

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/912691245398609920

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »
That's a 2012 list. It's shockingly hard to find who's all underneath contract with them.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »
scroll down to see under "adidas ncaa schools"

http://adidas-team.com/resources/links/
Dax fan club member!

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »
Pitino gone according to SI also.  Should have canned for whoregate. CBS Sports saying Pearl @ Auburn under the gun.  This is fun.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
crap. Did Baylor cancel their contract with them last year?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »
Hmmm. Notre Dame is UA now, I know that. Baylor is Nike now. I  bet some of these rough ridin' schools jumped ship and saw the writing on the wall ahead of time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2017, 11:23:39 AM »
In case no one knows what Yum is, it's their arena

https://twitter.com/mikelacett/status/913064531848548361

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2017, 11:27:33 AM »
Lol at Bilas who was ESPNU radio trying to say this series of episodes wasn't being (at least) partially driven by one and done culture.  Knowing full well that his school is in the thick of one and done. 

No fucks given if I sound like a tuck in re: Bilas.  I'm getting tired of that dudes shtick while he's drawing a paycheck from (a grumbling) empire that made it's bones on college athletics and drove the business that is modern college athletics. 

eff that guy

WTF? You think people wouldn't cheat and funnel money if college basketball didn't have the NBA's one and done rule? I remember when there wasn't a one and done rule and there were lots of cheating ass coaches, right spracs?
What part of "partially" is confusing? How about the caveat of "this series of episodes" (which clearly indicates that there's many other forms of cheating and incidents of cheating)?

You seem to be confused by the word partially, not me. I'm confused as to how you can attribute any of this to one and dones, if it was happening before that was enacted.
Vaccaro: Apparel company schemes nothing new http://es.pn/2wV0oUR
I look forward to how you're going to call Sonny Vaccaro wrong to justify your rant against lib Bilas

There's also a newer pronounced element of "investment" in one and doners by outside parties, because they know they're going to get a quick return on their dime.   You seemed to be confused by what you said.  You implied that I am saying the only thing driving corruption (both in the past, now and in the future)in college basketball is one and done's.   Which is not what I said nor even implied.   The shoe companies have been up to shenanigans since before you were born, everyone already understands this.   But there were also sports agent firms raided by the FBI and people at that/those agencies arrested.   Agents have clearly always been a problem, but now they are doubling and tripling down because they're not waiting multiple years to make bank on some of these guys.  In fact, in some cases, they're making bank in 8 months.   

Had you heard the interview, Bilas pretty much dismissed the one and done element (element, not the entire issue) straight out, which is bullshit.   IMO he's doing that because Coach K is all-in on potential one and done recruits.    Jay has a bad habit of pointing fingers everywhere else in college athletics, but going radio silence on his alma mater, who pays its b-ball coach $5 million plus dollars a year, and just spent hundreds of millions of dollars on athletic facilities, after just spending hundreds of millions dollars on athletic facilities a few years ago.   Jay's "There's never enough money" Tweets are always pointing out big expenditures, big contracts and fancy facilities every where else, but not surprisingly, that never includes Duke.    Coach K is in national corporate advertising campaigns, and has always been one of Nike's top guys.  So Jay's hero is all-in on the big money element of college athletics, but you'll never hear that from Jay Bilas.

Dax, I appreciate the breakdown but I agree with Bilas, and I have no reason to shill for Duke and Coach K. College freshmen still got drafted before the one and done era. The market, if you want to call it that, for coaches to get kickbacks for funneling players to agents has and will always exist as long as amateurs are getting drafted to become professionals. We'll just have to agree to disagree, because I don't believe one has anything to do with the other. It's very possible to have this opinion and have it stand on its own without having to cover for someone or something.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2017, 11:28:11 AM »
Oh really, Jurich?

[tweet]913061626764505088[/tweet]

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2017, 11:30:23 AM »
Looks like a board meeting is required to can Pitino but Jurich...

[tweet]913054133955055618[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/christopherotts/status/913053366334484481

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
I wouldn't be doing my job as designated black guy if I didn't bring this up, but there seems to be an elephant in the room that we aren't addressing. Why just college basketball?

The shoe deal component of this is absolutely unique to college basketball and I won't pretend otherwise. However, there is no damn way men's college basketball is the only sport that has coaches getting paid to funnel players to someone with deep pockets. Should I expect football, baseball, and track next?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2017, 11:34:14 AM »
I need to see the financial model for trying to lock down these nba hopefuls to adidas in the hopes that they'll sell shoes if they make it to nba obscurity in milwaukee or wherever.

The agent aspect of this makes a lot more sense to me.

Offline AtlantaWildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
I just can't wait to see the white pinstriped suit on the sideline for the KU game in 2018!  :bball:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2017, 11:51:16 AM »
I need to see the financial model for trying to lock down these nba hopefuls to adidas in the hopes that they'll sell shoes if they make it to nba obscurity in milwaukee or wherever.

Isn't the shoe component separate from the agent component? That's why guys who have never worked at an Adidas school, like Lamont, are involved.

I read it as the shoe thing coming into play with recruiting and the agent thing happens when a player becomes a pro prospect.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2017, 12:00:53 PM »

Isn't the shoe component separate from the agent component? That's why guys who have never worked at an Adidas school, like Lamont, are involved.

I read it as the shoe thing coming into play with recruiting and the agent thing happens when a player becomes a pro prospect.

Yeah, separate tracks I believe.  I've barely looked at it at all because college basketball, but on the shoe front I thought it was that adidas was paying someone to get supposed pro prospects to adidas schools with the idea that they'd be easily accessible by adidas people and sign with adidas once pro.

I guess it's like buying lottery tickets.  But who are some young players that are actually selling product, especially crap product like adidas basketball shoes? 

The only hoops shoes I've bought because of the player are Kamikazes and that's most recently been over a decade after he retired and certainly not to play in.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »

Yeah, separate tracks I believe.  I've barely looked at it at all because college basketball, but on the shoe front I thought it was that adidas was paying someone to get supposed pro prospects to adidas schools with the idea that they'd be easily accessible by adidas people and sign with adidas once pro.

I guess it's like buying lottery tickets.  But who are some young players that are actually selling product, especially crap product like adidas basketball shoes? 

The only hoops shoes I've bought because of the player are Kamikazes and that's most recently been over a decade after he retired and certainly not to play in.
I believe the shoe companies place greater value in steering the players to the schools they have big contracts with while winning the endorsement lotto is just icing. 

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
Dear lord, please! :pray:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/913081707309477891

So many KU fans have been freaking out on twitter the past couple of days.... that or they have the "we don't need to cheat to be good, so obvs no way we were involved".

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2017, 12:17:03 PM »
They obviously cheat and also this. Lol

https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/status/913081776372895744

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
All the UL fans pledging loyalty to L1C4 is hilarious.

Can't wait to see the same from KU.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
I believe the shoe companies place greater value in steering the players to the schools they have big contracts with while winning the endorsement lotto is just icing. 

That makes more sense.  Still gotta wonder if the risk is worth it.  Feels like the only people who'd buy crap because of ku, louisville, etc. are hardcore fans who'd buy whatever clown shoes they're wearing regardless of how good they are.