Author Topic: Signs of getting old  (Read 91830 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of getting old
« Reply #1350 on: July 16, 2023, 07:06:12 PM »
I had one (1) large margarita at dinner & I’m drunk.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 16, 2023, 07:21:23 PM »
:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 19, 2023, 08:30:03 AM »
i drove for 5 hours on monday and now my back and tailbone area are trashed.  maybe i need a pillow for my driver's seat?   :frown:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 19, 2023, 09:20:45 AM »
Been playing tennis fairly regularly for the last couple of months. Hadn't played much since high school. Learning tennis elbow is definitely a thing.  :frown:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 19, 2023, 01:41:56 PM »
Been playing tennis fairly regularly for the last couple of months. Hadn't played much since high school. Learning tennis elbow is definitely a thing.  :frown:

oh man. I was playing pickle ball pretty regularly there for a while and holy crap. I've gotten a bit of tennis/golf elbow before, but this was no joke. I couldn't hold a drink there for a while. I had to buy one of those old man black thingies which helped a bit.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 20, 2023, 12:10:49 AM »

oh man. I was playing pickle ball pretty regularly there for a while and holy crap. I've gotten a bit of tennis/golf elbow before, but this was no joke. I couldn't hold a drink there for a while. I had to buy one of those old man black thingies which helped a bit.
I think I'm going to have to get one too. I shook someone's hand today and I thought my arm fell off at my elbow.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 20, 2023, 08:06:28 AM »
Finding myself boxing up a third to a half of any meal we eat at a restaurant. I used to be able to consume the chimichanga platter with little stress. Probably 5 years ago it was miserable for 30 minutes, but I refused to give in.  Now I just ask for a box when they bring the ticket.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 20, 2023, 08:08:46 AM »
that's a good habit Tom, well done

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 20, 2023, 01:17:51 PM »
Finding myself boxing up a third to a half of any meal we eat at a restaurant. I used to be able to consume the chimichanga platter with little stress. Probably 5 years ago it was miserable for 30 minutes, but I refused to give in.  Now I just ask for a box when they bring the ticket.

Tom

Ha, Mrs SF and I split like every meal we eat out these days. Not sure if this is an old man thing, because I should have been doing this a long time ago. When we split, I am very rarely hungry still or wish I had the other half. The portions are just out of control these days and half is plenty for me most of the time. I'm sure the wait staff just thinks we are cheap assholes, but its really not even that.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 20, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »
I used to be a part of the clean plate club(CPC) but I almost always take my leftovers home now. It’s also probably a big reason I’ve lost and kept all the extra weight off. Also eating healthier in general.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 20, 2023, 01:41:51 PM »

Tom

Ha, Mrs SF and I split like every meal we eat out these days. Not sure if this is an old man thing, because I should have been doing this a long time ago. When we split, I am very rarely hungry still or wish I had the other half. The portions are just out of control these days and half is plenty for me most of the time. I'm sure the wait staff just thinks we are cheap assholes, but its really not even that.

Word. I'm a slow eater anyway, so I have a better sense of when I'm no longer hungry. As you note, American portion sizes make splitting meals an obvious choice. Less waste. But I too feel like the server thinks we're just being cheap, so I toss a few more bones on the pile to make up for it.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1361 on: July 20, 2023, 04:00:49 PM »
I'm old and can relate. I cut my meal in half before I start. Makes a fine lunch the next day.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 20, 2023, 04:15:35 PM »
I've also been trending away from the CPC and switching to taking leftovers.  I never know from one meal to the next whether I'll be housing absurd amounts of food or eating tiny little baby portions before feeling full.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1363 on: July 20, 2023, 04:21:41 PM »
I'm old and can relate. I cut my meal in half before I start. Makes a fine lunch the next day.
Add no food or drink after 8p to the list as well. Otherwise, it's 3a heartburn.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 21, 2023, 03:04:40 PM »
I've been eyeballing CD interest rates and i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a 1 year.  :dunno:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: August 02, 2023, 04:26:35 PM »
Went to a pet store today to get aquarium water tested. While waiting for help, I grabbed a net to buy. Got the water tested & just walked out with the net without paying.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 02, 2023, 04:35:31 PM »
I'm frequently telling my toddler "Daddy's back is owwie" so i dont have to launch him in the air anymore
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 04, 2023, 01:47:39 PM »
Flipping through radio stations on my way to work and happened to hear what sounded like a 20-something DJamer say, "The first time I heard this song I didn't care much for it, but now after hearing it a couple times....that chorus is a banger. Here's Luke Combs with Fast Car."

I'm not typically a country listener, so I though oh wow. Combs must have sampled or recomposed Fast Car. Nope. It's literally the same song. And then it occurred to me. This young lady, who is in the radio business, had never heard Tracy Chapman's Fast Car before.

I'm sure for months I had no idea Roberta Flack sang "Killing Me Softly" or Dolly did "I Will Always Love You", so I'm not hating. It was just a sign that I'm getting old.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 04, 2023, 08:14:36 PM »
Flipping through radio stations on my way to work and happened to hear what sounded like a 20-something DJamer say, "The first time I heard this song I didn't care much for it, but now after hearing it a couple times....that chorus is a banger. Here's Luke Combs with Fast Car."

I'm not typically a country listener, so I though oh wow. Combs must have sampled or recomposed Fast Car. Nope. It's literally the same song. And then it occurred to me. This young lady, who is in the radio business, had never heard Tracy Chapman's Fast Car before.

I'm sure for months I had no idea Roberta Flack sang "Killing Me Softly" or Dolly did "I Will Always Love You", so I'm not hating. It was just a sign that I'm getting old.
LOTS of had no idea about tracy chapman

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 04, 2023, 09:22:43 PM »

95% sure the 23 year old who plays that song has no clue about Tracy Chapman
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 04, 2023, 09:34:42 PM »
I'm frequently telling my toddler "Daddy's back is owwie" so i dont have to launch him in the air anymore

I feel you brother. Mine are “daddy tummy hurts really bad” and “daddy have go to doctor”

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 05, 2023, 12:36:11 AM »

95% sure the 23 year old who plays that song has no clue about Tracy Chapman
Whether or not they know who tracey chapman is, I was more surprised they'd never heard the song before. I thought it was pretty common. Justin Bieber and Sam Smith have covered it. It seems to be a pretty common cover / acoustic / singer-songwriter song. Either way, I'm glad it lives on.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 05, 2023, 04:05:10 AM »
I have no idea what that song is
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 05, 2023, 05:42:37 AM »
Combs did a solid job with it tbh. Kinda ballsy

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 05, 2023, 07:44:28 AM »
I have no idea what that song is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yXQJBU8A28&pp=ygUTam9uYXMgYmx1ZSBmYXN0IGNhcg%3D%3D

i know this one. haven't heard the tracey or luke one but all sound great to me