Author Topic: Signs of getting old  (Read 91548 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of getting old
« Reply #1125 on: January 17, 2023, 08:22:26 AM »
Imagine doing all the prep and not pooping once and then the doctors are like well i think we'll cancel this because we might accidentally kill you and then you get horrible painful gas but you aren't farting either.

Anyway, Gooch I guarantee you'll have a better experience than that.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 17, 2023, 08:28:17 AM »
@mikec2w

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 17, 2023, 08:39:17 AM »
Scheduled a colonoscopy.

Ask if you can just do the 4 Dulcolax & a can of Miralax prep. Mix the Miralax with the white cherry Gatorade. So much easier to get down than the weird prescription liquids. Also, don’t just do the “no eating the day before” part of the prep. Follow the eating recommendations 3-4 days out. Makes is a breeze.

That's terrible advise. The no eating thing is the absolute worst part. The pissing out of your ass is easy if you're staying at home and have a bidet. 5 minutes of ass pissing an hour for 8 hours, no sweat if you're expecting it. rough ridin' with my diet, huge problem.

I didn’t think the dietary restrictions for 2-3 days prior to the day of no eating was that drastic. I’d much rather avoid a few foods for a few days to only have to drink Gatorade for the prep & pee water out my butt than not alter my diet, drink that nasty prep & have a sore ass from much harsher diarrhea.

The drinking the medicated stuff was honestly not that bad (for me). Tasted like a watered down cherry Sudafed. Agree with MiR the bathrrom part, while kinda gross if you're just chillin at home you manage it and it's not that big a deal. The not eating for 24 hours sucks cause your body is used to taking in food but once you get over it w/e.

The actual colonoscopy was seriously the best anesthesia experience I ever had. I get it's down to the anesthesiologist but man, went under at noon, woke up a 12:30, and no tired effects or anything. Dude had it locked in. Was able to eat after without feeling nauseous or anything.   
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 17, 2023, 09:03:13 AM »
They gave me two sets of pills to take. Took 12 pills and then 6 hours later I took 12 more. Woke up the next morning and went and had my colonoscopy.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 17, 2023, 09:32:04 AM »
All of this sounds terrible.

It’s not. When the laxatives kicked in I just started laughing. If you follow the sheet they give you on what to avoid a few days before, after 3 minutes of the initial ass fountain it’s just water/Gatorade. I have a couple issues that I thought the prep would inflame & it didn’t even do that. It’s nothing like eating bad food or having a virus that puts you in the bathroom. It wasn’t uncomfortable at all. Then you get a refreshing drug nap.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 17, 2023, 12:42:50 PM »
The poop-in-the-box thing is a great alternative for people with no family history of colon cancer.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 17, 2023, 02:13:05 PM »
The poop-in-the-box thing is a great alternative for people with no family history of colon cancer.
I have zero family medical history so everything is an unknown.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 17, 2023, 04:36:39 PM »
Scheduled a colonoscopy.

Ask if you can just do the 4 Dulcolax & a can of Miralax prep. Mix the Miralax with the white cherry Gatorade. So much easier to get down than the weird prescription liquids. Also, don’t just do the “no eating the day before” part of the prep. Follow the eating recommendations 3-4 days out. Makes is a breeze.

That's terrible advise. The no eating thing is the absolute worst part. The pissing out of your ass is easy if you're staying at home and have a bidet. 5 minutes of ass pissing an hour for 8 hours, no sweat if you're expecting it. rough ridin' with my diet, huge problem.

I didn’t think the dietary restrictions for 2-3 days prior to the day of no eating was that drastic. I’d much rather avoid a few foods for a few days to only have to drink Gatorade for the prep & pee water out my butt than not alter my diet, drink that nasty prep & have a sore ass from much harsher diarrhea.

The drinking the medicated stuff was honestly not that bad (for me). Tasted like a watered down cherry Sudafed. Agree with MiR the bathrrom part, while kinda gross if you're just chillin at home you manage it and it's not that big a deal. The not eating for 24 hours sucks cause your body is used to taking in food but once you get over it w/e.

The actual colonoscopy was seriously the best anesthesia experience I ever had. I get it's down to the anesthesiologist butt man, went under at noon, woke up a 12:30, and no tired effects or anything. Dude had it locked in. Was able to eat after without feeling nauseous or anything.

Sounds right, if only I had the courage to call one by that name.  :sdeek:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 17, 2023, 10:29:47 PM »
Scheduled a colonoscopy.

The actual colonoscopy was seriously the best anesthesia experience I ever had. I get it's down to the anesthesiologist butt man, went under at noon, woke up a 12:30, and no tired effects or anything. Dude had it locked in. Was able to eat after without feeling nauseous or anything.

Sounds right, if only I had the courage to call one by that name.  :sdeek:

I believe they prefer ASSMAN
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 18, 2023, 09:55:14 PM »
on the subject of clearing out colons, i've been constipated af for most this week. bought glycerin suppositories (not knowing what a suppository is). hesitated to do it for a few days, but finally relented. the directions said wait 15 minutes, i could only last 9. the results were explosive. feeling fine ever since

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 19, 2023, 09:55:29 AM »
exit only

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 19, 2023, 10:18:41 AM »
Next time this happens, buy some Natural Calm and take a double dose.  Just don't stray too far from the house for a little while.
@mikec2w

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 19, 2023, 03:18:47 PM »
it was some chocolate thunder if you know what i mean

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 19, 2023, 03:58:22 PM »
Lol
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 28, 2023, 12:28:19 PM »
No I’m ok, just icing my knee here on the couch.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: February 01, 2023, 12:31:34 PM »
When I’m at the office and I want to listen to music I have this irrational fear that my Bluetooth earbuds are going to betray me and the sound will come out of my phone and everyone will know how much I secretly love EDM trap

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 01, 2023, 01:00:12 PM »
When I’m at the office and I want to listen to music I have this irrational fear that my Bluetooth earbuds are going to betray me and the sound will come out of my phone and everyone will know how much I secretly love EDM trap

is this a getting old thing? I used to have the same fear. I also sometimes freak out that somehow people in my contacts or whatever can see what I see on my phone which is totally stupid. Say i'm looking at something....and the phone rings or I get a text, I immediately shut it all down because that person knows!!!!!!!!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 01, 2023, 01:07:41 PM »
Dunno if the getting old thread was necessarily the best, but I didn’t see an irrational fears thread, and old people tend to have problems with technology so it felt right. I’m not quite to the point where I feel the need to use gps on every drive, even if it’s to places I’ve been hundreds of times.

Or, even better, use the gps in the car as well as the gps on my phone as well at the garmin or tomtom I have suction cupped to my windshield. Absolutely love that one.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 01, 2023, 01:25:24 PM »
Is a sign of getting old not knowing who EDM trap is?  Because I have no rough ridin' clue who EDM trap is.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 01, 2023, 01:29:00 PM »
Dunno if the getting old thread was necessarily the best, but I didn’t see an irrational fears thread, and old people tend to have problems with technology so it felt right. I’m not quite to the point where I feel the need to use gps on every drive, even if it’s to places I’ve been hundreds of times.

Or, even better, use the gps in the car as well as the gps on my phone as well at the garmin or tomtom I have suction cupped to my windshield. Absolutely love that one.
What about an irrational refusal to use gps because dammit I can still read a map and don't need some stupid computer telling me to turn left in 100 yards?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 01, 2023, 01:51:59 PM »

I admit to doing this sometimes, but only so the robots can look at traffic conditions beyond my mortal sight and reroute me as necessary.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 01, 2023, 01:59:54 PM »
Is a sign of getting old not knowing who EDM trap is?  Because I have no rough ridin' clue who EDM trap is.

If I’m being honest I am aware that EDM is a genre, as is trap (I think, sorta?) but I just typed letters there. No idea if EDM trap is an actual thing

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 01, 2023, 02:00:50 PM »

I admit to doing this sometimes, but only so the robots can look at traffic conditions beyond my mortal sight and reroute me as necessary.

Using it for real time traffic conditions is fair. I do not believe that’s why old people do it

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 03, 2023, 10:49:11 AM »
Decaf
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 03, 2023, 01:01:59 PM »
i've been posting a lot in the recovery thread about how much better I feel when I don't have booze drinks.