Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory: is Fitz trying to edge out PurplePride.com?  (Read 17662 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theory: is Fitz trying to edge out PurplePride.com?
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2022, 09:50:50 PM »
My grandfather died from colon cancer in his 40s and I’m now in my 40s and my MD won’t let me get one. Infuriating. Like, I assume he means he can’t let me get one and it be paid for by insurance not that I can’t pay to get one somewhere. He said he thinks they will lower the age to 45 soon so when I’m 45 I’ll get one immediately. I ordered one of those self test FIT tests to do at home but don’t think they are extraordinarily valuable.

They did lower it to 45 in that it’s covered by insurance, but subject to deductible. Insurers have a year from that change, I think March 2021, to fully update and have it be covered without deductible.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2022, 09:52:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1479138464348184581

Gotta feel for the Miller family right now.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2022, 11:02:31 PM »
My grandfather died from colon cancer in his 40s and I’m now in my 40s and my MD won’t let me get one. Infuriating. Like, I assume he means he can’t let me get one and it be paid for by insurance not that I can’t pay to get one somewhere. He said he thinks they will lower the age to 45 soon so when I’m 45 I’ll get one immediately. I ordered one of those self test FIT tests to do at home but don’t think they are extraordinarily valuable.
One of my parents had it, and thankfully still free of it after treatment, but I got my first colonoscopy at 35 with insurance help. Find a new doc imo.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2022, 11:09:50 PM »

It is 45 now and I got one as soon as I could last fall. I've never done one of those home tests but my mom has and she said it's horrible, you have to put your own poop on a card. They are pretty accurate, just not as accurate as a colonoscopy.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2022, 06:51:58 AM »
I pooped in a plastic jar. Swapped a bit of it. Dropped the jar and swab in a pre-labeled box. Took it to UPS.

No big deal.

https://www.cologuard.com/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2022, 07:40:09 AM »
One of my parents had it, and thankfully still free of it after treatment, but I got my first colonoscopy at 35 with insurance help. Find a new doc imo.
Mine said grandparents don’t count, has to be parent or sibling so yours would count. Good news on the 45 year cutoff now though. For sure getting one immediately when I hit 45.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2022, 09:08:20 AM »
Mine said grandparents don’t count, has to be parent or sibling so yours would count. Good news on the 45 year cutoff now though. For sure getting one immediately when I hit 45.

Same, Said has to be parents/sibling for me.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2022, 11:31:24 AM »
I pooped in a plastic jar. Swapped a bit of it. Dropped the jar and swab in a pre-labeled box. Took it to UPS.

No big deal.

https://www.cologuard.com/

That ain't for me, better than nothing though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2022, 07:12:27 PM »
Let’s all stay alive bros

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2022, 07:20:16 PM »
How exactly does it ... fit ?  :eek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2022, 07:58:17 PM »
How exactly does it ... fit ?  :eek:

you go number 2 and then you wipe and then you take this stick from the kit and wipe it on the poop wipe and put it into some solution and then you dropper some of the poop/solution mix onto a card and then you hope that you get the negative number of lines or dots or whatever. it's not gross at all tbh. I did it two years ago. and will do it every year until I'm 45 and can get a colonoscopy.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2022, 08:00:23 PM »
also they aren't expensive. like $30'ish.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2022, 11:16:51 PM »
My best friend died of colon cancer at 31. They found it at 29, but he’d been having issues since we were 25. At first it was just “not being a teenager means I can’t eat like trash anymore.” He’d seen a doctor about it at 27 & the doctor told him if he had colon cancer they’d write a book it’d be so rare. He moved to the Mojave desert for 2 years, ate healthy mostly cooking at home because it was the middle of nowhere & his issues reduced. Moved back at 29, within 6 months finally got a colonoscopy to find the cancer & next day they scanned him, found it spread & gave him 1-2 years to live.

If you have any doubt at all, do the home test.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2022, 11:48:45 AM »
My son went to FB camp when Matt was there helping future QBs'.  He got Matt to sign his KSU hat and I'm pretty sure he still has it.
T's & P's for Matt's parents and family.  Very sad news.  :cry:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2022, 12:05:55 PM »
Ughh..that sucks.   :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2022, 12:44:50 PM »
My best friend died of colon cancer at 31. They found it at 29, but he’d been having issues since we were 25. At first it was just “not being a teenager means I can’t eat like trash anymore.” He’d seen a doctor about it at 27 & the doctor told him if he had colon cancer they’d write a book it’d be so rare. He moved to the Mojave desert for 2 years, ate healthy mostly cooking at home because it was the middle of nowhere & his issues reduced. Moved back at 29, within 6 months finally got a colonoscopy to find the cancer & next day they scanned him, found it spread & gave him 1-2 years to live.

What issues was he having at 25, if you know/remember? And did they write that book about him?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2022, 08:53:08 PM »

What issues was he having at 25, if you know/remember? And did they write that book about him?

Things like every Thursday after work 4 of us would go to a bar & get a basket of fried appetizers with our drinks. 30 minutes later he’d always disappear to the bathroom for 15-20 minutes. As he’d say, his stomach was just easily angered. He loved Panda Express, but his then GF wouldn’t go with him because he’d have to go sit in a bathroom for awhile, so we’d go at lunch and race back to work before it hit. It got progressively worse, but I don’t think there was noticeable blood for a few years.

He was an OU grad & came with me to the 2013 OU game shortly after he moved back. We stayed with my brothers in Manhattan who were in college. He didn’t have much interest in going to Aggieville, which wasn’t like him. He hated just sitting around a house. By the end of that trip I knew something was very wrong. We had to stop multiple times, one time for 45 minutes. That trip scared him into finding a different GI & 4 weeks later they found it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:57:31 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls