Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory: is Fitz trying to edge out PurplePride.com?  (Read 17648 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theory: is Fitz trying to edge out PurplePride.com?
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2021, 10:02:07 PM »
Sure do. This, however, remains my favorite wefald sports moment. Chuds steve dave and d'stone didn't like this, lol, browns.

"Indeed, this coming Saturday, we are the underdog to the University of Texas. Outside of Texas, very few people cheer for the Longhorns because the University of Texas represents in most people's minds incredible wealth and arrogance. Many Texans believe that the world begins and ends with Texas. After all, if you know your Texas history, Texas was an independent nation-state from 1836 to 1845. Many people in Texas still think they should be a separate nation." http://cjonline.com/stories/100199/spo_wefaldletter.shtml#.WAp7APkrK70

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2021, 10:34:01 PM »
LOL the beginning of the end

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:03 PM »
Sure do. This, however, remains my favorite wefald sports moment. Chuds steve dave and d'stone didn't like this, lol, browns.

"Indeed, this coming Saturday, we are the underdog to the University of Texas. Outside of Texas, very few people cheer for the Longhorns because the University of Texas represents in most people's minds incredible wealth and arrogance. Many Texans believe that the world begins and ends with Texas. After all, if you know your Texas history, Texas was an independent nation-state from 1836 to 1845. Many people in Texas still think they should be a separate nation." http://cjonline.com/stories/100199/spo_wefaldletter.shtml#.WAp7APkrK70
I remember going to a game at Austin and they started a "WEALTH" and "ARROGANCE" chant in the stadium.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2021, 11:13:22 PM »

I remember going to a game at Austin and they started a "WEALTH" and "ARROGANCE" chant in the stadium.

I remember that but only from reading the thread MIR quoted from.

Anyone at that game would have heard the Texas fans actually doing a "WEALTH" and "ARROGANCE" chant.  Had a great time tailgating outside the library there.  After the game, the Texas fans I was around referred to Major Applewhite strictly as "Applesauce".  :D

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2021, 11:56:34 PM »
It's hard to be so wealthy and simultaneously aware of it. That is why I'm quite torn up when my haters chant WEALTH and ARROGANCE when I pass them in the street in a Lamborghini so cutting edge it doesn't even have a production model name yet. Very humbling experience. Makes one think.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2021, 09:00:44 AM »
It's hard to be so wealthy and simultaneously aware of it. That is why I'm quite torn up when my haters chant WEALTH and ARROGANCE when I pass them in the street in a Lamborghini so cutting edge it doesn't even have a production model name yet. Very humbling experience. Makes one think.

Just yell SEC, SEC, SEC back at them to shut 'em up.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2021, 09:48:01 AM »
Lmao, when did all of this wealth and arrogance stuff happen? It’s beyond great.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2021, 02:09:26 PM »
Lmao, when did all of this wealth and arrogance stuff happen? It’s beyond great.

Before we played them in Austin in 1999. It was a huge game, we were a very underrated 13 and they were an egregiously overrated 15. He said this the week of the game and we went down there and beat the crap out of them.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2021, 02:11:16 PM »
We should let Jon Wefald pick our next president.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »

Before we played them in Austin in 1999. It was a huge game, we were a very underrated 13 and they were an egregiously overrated 15. He said this the week of the game and we went down there and beat the crap out of them.

That was all triggered when some sportswriter had a column that included a section called "Why We Hate K-State."

Weef didn't like that too much.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2022, 11:52:22 PM »
Matt Miller is on the latest edition of The Life of Fitz podcast, and I'd strongly recommend everyone listen, it's very good. Matt also has stage 4 prostate cancer, but it's apparently much worse than Fitz's. They talk about that, his time at K-State, and his coaching career. There is also a super awkward moment when Fitz asks him about alcoholism. When Fitz is asking the question you feel like they definitely talked about it before, but when Matt answers it's apparent that they definitely didn't discuss it before the podcast.

Anyway just search life of fitz podcast like anywhere.

I don't know if any of you heard Klieman in his on field postgame interview but he said that Matt is in hospice.

Please please please if you haven't gotten a baseline PSA score do it tomorrow and keep getting checked. While you're at it, if you're eligible for a colonoscopy please do that too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 09:59:25 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2022, 12:01:49 AM »
All true fact, not worth putting that up to chance
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2022, 07:23:41 PM »
Knew a guy from work that died from colon cancer.  He really regretted not getting PSA tests or colonoscopies after 50 and on 5-year intervals. :pray:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2022, 07:46:35 PM »
Got a PSA and pooped in a can last year. Silly not not do it with my family history of prostate cancer.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:28:13 AM by IPA4Me »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2022, 08:26:38 AM »
Got a PSA and pooped in a can last year. Silly not not do it with my family history of prostate cancer.

wtg, guys. Don't want anyone to leave the bbs prematurely due to untreated prostate cancer or colon cancer.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:33:49 AM by Sandstone Outcropping »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2022, 08:28:03 AM »
I hate when a typo gets quoted. Damn it.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2022, 08:34:07 AM »

Okay. Fixed it in my quote.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2022, 08:34:52 AM »

Okay. Fixed it in my quote.
Thank you. Many emaw blessings to you.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2022, 09:36:05 AM »
Matt Miller is on the latest edition of The Life of Fitz podcast, and I'd strongly recommend everyone listen, it's very good. Matt also has stage 4 prostate cancer, but it's apparently much worse than Fitz's. They talk about that, his time at K-State, and his coaching career. There is also a super awkward moment when Fitz asks him about alcoholism. When Fitz is asking the question you feel like they definitely talked about it before, but when Matt answers it's apparent that they definitely didn't discuss it before the podcast.

I don't know if any of you heard Klieman in his on field postgame interview but he said that Matt is in hospice.

Please please please if you haven't gotten a baseline PSA score do it tomorrow and keep getting checked. While you're at it, if you're eligible for a colonoscopy please do that too.
I will do this. Very good suggestion.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2022, 03:25:40 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2022, 03:37:44 PM »
13 months since my last PSA, so gotta get the blood work up scheduled.

:thumbsup:

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2022, 08:52:12 PM »

Did the PSA last August.  All good!  Was worried my doctor wouldn't do it since I am not 50 yet, but he didn't even hesitate.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2022, 08:59:09 PM »
Same here. Not 50, but I will ask him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2022, 09:30:16 PM »
Was 44 when I got my baseline PSA score.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2022, 09:35:08 PM »
My grandfather died from colon cancer in his 40s and I’m now in my 40s and my MD won’t let me get one. Infuriating. Like, I assume he means he can’t let me get one and it be paid for by insurance not that I can’t pay to get one somewhere. He said he thinks they will lower the age to 45 soon so when I’m 45 I’ll get one immediately. I ordered one of those self test FIT tests to do at home but don’t think they are extraordinarily valuable.