Author Topic: LOL DEMOCRATS  (Read 31157 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: LOL DEMOCRATS
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2022, 05:51:08 PM »
Can you imagine a person opening up a restaurant with the risk of only 17% to make it and paying a 16 year old $30 an hour to flip burgers?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2022, 05:52:00 PM »
It makes zero fiscal sense

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2022, 10:03:55 PM »
Are you under the impression that if minimum wage would be $30 your salary would be same? I thought you are making real money now? You also have a job where you aren't paying people minimum wage. Why are you still meat gazing?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2022, 10:17:38 PM »
If you think someone slinging you a burger through McDonald’s deserves $30 an hour, while some guy spent his hard earned $ to try and own the local franchise, I can’t help you. Making bank is worthless now after 8 years of extra education I gave myself, while they give the fry guy the bank. FOR FRIES!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LOL DEMOCRATS
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2022, 11:11:07 PM »
Ah yes that classic scrappy underdog American small business owner, the mcDonalds franchise owner.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2022, 11:14:07 PM »
Ah yes that classic scrappy underdog American small business owner, the mcDonalds franchise owner.
You think a French fry guy deserves $30 an hour, teach?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2022, 08:57:44 AM »
I don’t give a crap if someone makes bank scrubbing toilets or flipping burgers, but I do wonder what it would do to inflation.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2022, 09:05:47 AM »
minimum wage is not going to $30 an hour good lord what a dog whistle for clods

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2022, 09:55:22 AM »
We’re simply making fun of dumbass Dems who are asking for it. Perfect thread to do it in.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 22, 2022, 09:57:50 AM »
Wacky pick a lane dude. Is inflation out of control or do people (perhaps more specifically people without a college education) deserve to make a livable wage?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 22, 2022, 09:58:47 AM »
We’re simply making fun of dumbass Dems who are asking for it. Perfect thread to do it in.

hmu when they actually introduce legislation instead of tweeting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2022, 10:48:37 AM »
Lol

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2022, 10:53:13 AM »
We are at full employment with significant inflation. That wage is coming up no matter what and the jobs that you are disparaging will be part of that wacky. Employers are going to then belt tighten (interest rates will be a factor there too) and then it’ll even back out at some new higher level. Our gutless congress won’t pass any raise of the min wage until it’s a toothless gesture so you can rest easy.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2022, 11:02:02 AM »
If they are making $30/hr you will make more and prices will go up and so it won’t matter. What are we even talking about?

The one thing I discovered is how cucked the average American is during a tight labor environment. This is good for labor! Wages are rising! You don’t need to put up with crappy employers/bosses! Yet tons of people are pissed because their door dash is late or whatever.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2022, 11:23:58 AM »
You guys really hate small businesses. :frown:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »
Wacky, did you just take all micro Econ courses?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2022, 11:33:33 AM »
I have an MBA from the University of Phoenix, SD. I’m wicked smart!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:41:19 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2022, 11:37:06 AM »
When I heard wacky got a 30% raise I groaned audibly bc I realized how expensive my next trip to the dentist was going to be. As a champion of small businesses it made me sick to my stomach. People should not be making more money, especially in this economy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 22, 2022, 11:37:40 AM »
If they are making $30/hr you will make more and prices will go up and so it won’t matter. What are we even talking about?

The one thing I discovered is how cucked the average American is during a tight labor environment. This is good for labor! Wages are rising! You don’t need to put up with crappy employers/bosses! Yet tons of people are pissed because their door dash is late or whatever.

Wacky's whole thing is about others not actual sound policy. People he deems inferior don't deserve better fate because he pulled himself up by the bootstraps without any help at all and everyone else should too. The pretty obvious issue with $30 an hour minimum wage is inflation but to hell with that, let's be concerned with what poor people deserve.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 22, 2022, 11:42:00 AM »
But in all serious wacky congrats on your pay bump I’m sure it as well deserved.  :cheers: What I’m actually trying to say here is I think you are showing your entire ass with your popular-among-boomers mentality of “well I worked hard and only made slightly more than that when I was that age therefore others don’t deserve crap unless they work as hard or, preferably, harder” and wackster my brother in Christ I don’t know if you learned this in mba school but that mentality is completely backwards and patently stupid by basically every relevant metric

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 22, 2022, 11:42:32 AM »
When I heard wacky got a 30% raise I groaned audibly bc I realized how expensive my next trip to the dentist was going to be. As a champion of small businesses it made me sick to my stomach. People should not be making more money, especially in this economy
When you hire a 5 million dollar producer, you get nice things. :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2022, 11:44:57 AM »
But in all serious wacky congrats on your pay bump I’m sure it as well deserved.  :cheers: What I’m actually trying to say here is I think you are showing your entire ass with your popular-among-boomers mentality of “well I worked hard and only made slightly more than that when I was that age therefore others don’t deserve crap unless they work as hard or, preferably, harder” and wackster my brother in Christ I don’t know if you learned this in mba school but that mentality is completely backwards and patently stupid by basically every relevant metric
As a former cook of Sonic and Wendy’s, I think $30 an hour for that type of work is insane. That’s all I’m saying. What’s motivating people to better themselves?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2022, 12:06:23 PM »
As a former cook of Sonic and Wendy’s, I think $30 an hour for that type of work is insane. That’s all I’m saying. What’s motivating people to better themselves?
Why tf should anyone have to? Like what dystopian hellscape are you wanting to live in where people can’t afford to live unless they work their ass to the bone? I’m going to try to type this as concisely as I can without having a stroke, but there are a couple of ideas you might want to grapple with:
The small elite ruling class has a vested interest in growing the gap between the wealthy and the poor. Keep the poor uneducated, unempowered, and you will control them. They hold all the cards, and they are making sure to maintain the status quo. College is absurdly expensive. Life is expensive. You say these people need to better themselves? My dude this is pretty much impossible for the poor.
Second, you might not believe this but there was a time in this country…before either you or I were born but not too terribly long ago, when you didn’t have to have a college education to live a comfortable life and support a family. It was actually possible for the folks who worked the crap jobs to survive without living in abject poverty bc it quite simply didn’t have to be that way. And it doesn’t HAVE to be that way now but somehow people like you get convinced by a bunch of billionaires that this is the way it should be and you should enjoy scraping by on your combined dual income of $150k/yr and pat yourself on the back for all your hard work and let’s blame the poor for all our problems bc yeah they’re the problem, not us billionaires nope definitely not us billionaires making all the rules

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2022, 02:21:33 PM »

Probably just put the dentist out of business tbh

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 23, 2022, 08:51:06 AM »
The minimum wage really does need to be raised, even if wages are going up without it. We are going to end up with favelas, otherwise.